Elkins Park is a city in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
Elkins Park is a great destination to get away from the hustle of the city but yet still surrounded by diversity downtown Philly has to offer. Only a thirty minute drive to Center City or fifteen minute train ride. Elkins Park has attractions to satisfy the thrill for people of all ages. Come visit where so much history has taken place and new history is being made. Elkins Park is where leaders are born or call home, such as, singer Pink, comedian Bill Cosby, NFL player Marvin Harrison, Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu, and many many more.
There are many ways to get to Elkins Park from various cities of the Pennsylvania or even other parts of the country. Easy roads are available, national highways, a train station, bus stops, and a close by airport.
Route 73 and route 611 are both major roads that run through Elkins Park.
The main major highway is Route 309 which leads to the Pennsyvania Turnpike as well as other Montgomery County cities.
If traveling by plane, the airport to land in is Philadelphia International Airport. It is only a thirty minute drive to Elkins Park. Trains from and to the airport are available at the Elkins Park train station.
Train station is Elkins Park Station. Served by SEPTA with the R1, R2, R3, and R5 trains stopping at Elkins Park to transport passengers into or out of Philadelphia.
The Elkins Park train station has trains that stop twice every hour.
There are bus stops conveniently scattered throughout the town.
Personal cars are an easy way of transportation as well, finding parking spots is not an issue.
- Beth Sholom Synagogue, 8231 Old York Rd. The only synagogue designed by famous architect Frank Lloyd Wright. It is listed in the National Register of Historic places. edit
- Lynnewood Hall, 920 Spring Avenue. It is a 110 room mansion and is considered the largest surviving Gilded Age mansion in the Philadelphia area. Although entering the premises is prohibited, looking at the building is magnificent. edit
- Richard C. Wall House Museum, 1 Wall Park Drive. Sunday 1PM-4PM. The house was built by Richard Wall, a founding father of Cheltenham Township. It is four floors and displays what a house and life was like during the beginning of Cheltenham. edit
- Color Me Mine, 8120 Old York Rd. Unleash your creativity and make a souvenir for yourself or loved ones. A great activity for the family to enjoy. edit
- High School Park, High School Road and Montgomery Ave. The 7 acres has walking trails and a wild flower garden. edit
- Edward Hicks Parry Bird Sanctuary, Chelten Hills Drive. The 12.82 acres of open land is an amazing place for a woodsy hike, with the surrounding beauty of nature. edit
- Wall Park, 600 Church Road. A new playground was just built in 2004 adding on to the old playground. Also available are basketball courts, tennis courts, picnic tables, and a skateboard park. edit
- Old York Road Skating Rink, 8116 Church Road. An ice skating rink open to the public. Also offers ice skating and hockey lessons. edit
- Han Ah Reum, 7320 Old York Road. A Korean mall. Holds a grocery store, restaurants, clothing stores, as well as doctors offices. edit
- New Look Thrift Shop, 8015 Old York Road. Dig through clothes and accessories while paying only half the price. Most items are even vintage and not sold else where! edit
The diverse range of people that inhabit Elkins Park also makes available eateries from around the world. The broad range of restaurants serves to satisfy all taste buds. Come and enjoy distinct and authentic foods from all over the globe. Be adventurous or satisfy your cravings.
- Cheltenham Korean Noodle House, 401 West Cheltenham Ave. Features various Korean dishes. edit
- CJ Seafood and Sushi, 7909 High School Road. Great selection of seafood and sushi. edit
- Dessert Studio, 8351 Cadwalader Avenue. The mouth watering treats will satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. edit
- Sprinkles Ice Cream Parlor, 915 Township Line Road. Step back into the fifties and enjoy homemade ice cream or frozen yogurt in an "old school" ice cream parlor. edit
- Marco Polo, 8080 Old York Road. Enjoy Italian food as well as seafood. edit
- Max & Davids, 8120 Old York Road. Specializes in Eastern European and Mediterranian foods. edit
- Szechuan Mandarin, 8080 Old York Road. Authentic Chinese food which will spice up anyones taste buds. edit
- Recovery Room, 411 Township Line Road. A locals hang out spot. You will definitely "recover" from a hard days work. edit
- Drake Tavern, 304 Old York Road. Under new management the food and drinks are incredible. Enjoy drinks inside or even on the patio. edit
- McKinley Tavern, 881 Township Line Road. Another neighborhood tavern. A great place to watch sports games with the multiple flat screen TVs surrounding the whole bar. edit
There are no lodging areas within Elkins Park, however, there are plenty in the nearby towns of Willow Grove and Washington Park and in the city of Philadelphia.