||WARNING: The British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and the German Auswärtiges Amt (AA) state that "There is a high threat from terrorism" in Egypt. Three South Korean tourists and their driver were killed at Taba (South Sinai) on 16 February 2014, and the group responsible has threatened further attacks. Women in particular have been subject to rising, and often violent, sexual harassment in Egypt. Female foreign travelers were not spared the experience. "An entire book" could be written about the experiences of female travelers in Egypt, according to Lonely Planet. There is also a rising anti-foreigners sentiment, for example Mervat Al-Talawy (head of Egypt's National Women Council) kicked out a European Union delegation in front of press and to the applause of Egyptian spectators.
In December 2014, a young British girl and her friend were arrested in the Cairo underground because they were speaking English showing that an environment of anti-foreigners sentiment is still on the rise in Egypt.
In January 2014, Amal Clooney was threatened with arrests by Egyptian police if she spoke about politics while in Egypt. Therefore, avoid any political discussion while in Egypt as it can lead to prison.
An American citizen (Michelle Dunne) was denied entry to Egypt as the Egyptian government claimed she did not have the proper visa to attend a conference even though she entered Egypt many times with visa issued at the airport. This is a new incident and there is no government guarantee it will not be repeated.
Despite huge attempts by the Egyptian government, according to media, very few tourists dare to travel to Egypt still.
El Gouna is a self-contained town, conveniently located just north of Hurghada, with selected resort hotels and small inns along its marina, manicured 18-hole golf course, international school and a hospital with hyperbaric chamber; private airport and a resort-wide transportation making the small but lively town accessible for everyone to enjoy.
A holiday in El Gouna is really complete: boutiques, elegant restaurants and pubs are everywhere, a wide range of sport activities including SCUBA Diving, Kite Surfing, Horse Riding, world-class spas.
El Gouna is located 25km north from Hurghada international airport.
Getting around in El Gouna is very easy. There are shuttle buses which drop off at many of the major hotels. Also local taxis and 'Tok Toks' are available.
The roads are very quiet and have pavements so they are safe to walk along.
You can request to reserve a taxi from your Hotel or check the local bus timetables for buses that stop in front of your hotel.
At this vibrant city you guarantee you will have lots of things to See and Do. Everything you need is within the village area or within the hotel itself. And, as even the laziest among us like to get active sometimes, El Gouna also boasts a good variety of sports and recreation. Horse-riding, camel riding and a go-cart track join more usual facilities like SCUBA diving, snorkeling, windsurfing and tennis. Some hotels have pampering health clubs, and many offer a dine-around option within the resort. It’s a gorgeous get-away after Nile-side sightseeing, or just a spoil-yourself interlude for couples or families.
Top activities and excursions around and from El Gouna include:
- Scuba Diving: Almost every hotel has its own Scuba Dive Center, from which you can explore the Northern part of the Red Sea. Top Attractions are the wrecks of Abu-Nuhas or the wreck of the Rossalie Muller behind Tawila Island.
- Tawila Island: A real 'escape to nature' from city bustle to a quiet island with sparkling white sandy beaches. Feel lucky that day to watch lots of dolphins along the way to Tawila Island.
- Galatea Boat: Go to Gobal Island on-board this comfortable sailing boat with a spacious deck & sun beds. Private day trips for diving or fish barbecues available too.
- Quad Runner: Discover the secrets of the desert while driving yourself in the sand dunes - a great feeling. Early morning & sun-set trips available.
- Lagoon Trip: A tour of El Gouna by boat, every Wednesday & Saturday morning. Bookings through the Info Center in Tamr Henna, or at your hotel's reception.
- Scuba Diving or go day Snorkeling around Tawila or Gobal Islands
Luca Luca pup daily party start from 22:00 clock till 5AM
Moods beach pup there's party every Thursday