Egilsstaðir is a town in East Iceland.
- Several planes a day to Reykjavik. No Wi-Fi in the airport, but a little café, and car rental companies.
- Egilsstaðir is right on the Ring Road (#1).
- Most international car rental companies (e.g., Hertz) have an office in the airport, open everyday.
- Cafe Nielson - Tjarnarbraut 1, +354 471 2626. Situated in the oldest house in town, it's a good choice for a nice dinner.
- Skipalækur, Upphéraðsvegur, Fellabær, Islandia (across the bridge from Egilsstaðir, then to the left), ☎ +354 471 1324. 6000 ISK/ cottage camping, cottages calm and cosy, nice view edit
- Through the Ring Road, most cities of Iceland can be reached. In particular, the closest "big" cities are Akureyri (North) and Höfn (South).