Edava is in the state of Kerala in southern India.
Edava is a long expanded coastal village in Thiruvananthapuram district in the state of Kerala, India.
Edava is located north of the tourist spot Varkala.
It has cliffs, serene beaches and backwaters with its canals and lakes.
The main beach areas are Odayam, Manthara, Vettakadda and Kappil.
Slowly the tourisme develops on the seaside, so you will find some guesthouses, homestays and restaurants.
- 1 hour from Trivandrum; Edava is linked by state and national highways to all the major cities in Kerala, Tamilnadu and Karnataka.
- The nearest International Airport is Trivandrum;1 hour.
Taxis to Edava from the Airport will bee around 1600-1800 Rs,( the easiest way from the airport)
- State Transport Buses are available from Trivandrum via Varkala(direction Manthara Temple),or Kollam. Bus service available from Varkala or Kollam to many parts of South Kerala and Kanyakumari
- Edava railway station. The nearest main railway station is Varkala. Varkala is also connected by Rail Network. If coming from Trivandrum and Cochin, the better option will be coming by Train. Almost all trains passing by stops at Varkala. From Varkala Railway Station, Taxis and Auto Rickshaws can be hired. Edava is around 5km from Varkala Railway Station. (Rs 120-150 by Auto Rickshaw)
- Fisherman Village in Vetakada. edit
- Cliff walk towards Kappil. edit
- Swimm at Edava Beach. edit
- Backwaters of Edava. edit
- Serene Lake Resort, Edava-Kappil Road, Edava, ☎ +919562660132, . A Quite Family Restaurant, Near Kappil Lake with Close Proximity to the Kappil Beach. The Restaurant Combines Tradition with Modernity and Serves the Best Kerala Cuisine, Satisfying the Culinary Expectations of Both Foreigners as well as the Locals. edit
- AsinMomo Homestay. small Restaurant with local and some western food, breakfast and drinks</drink> *Teashop Manthara Temple. local Teashop with Tea and Snacks edit edit
- AsinMomo Homestay, SreeEight, Manthara, Edava (on the seaside past Mantara Temple, pass Manthara Temple in Edava on the right side towards the sea, there right 400m along the Cliff, a smal opath goes in 40m there we are or about 30 min walk north from Varkala Beach), ☎ +91 4702 661112, +91 9746 98 95 28 (email@example.com), . A Homestay, Bed and Breakfast. Simple, comfortable rooms with attached shower/toilet. WiFi, garden, sit-out, home made food and drinks by the owner Jessini,a Washing machine is there and very close, some nice and peaceful beaches. English, Malayalam, Hindi, German, French, Italian and some Spanish spoken. Homestay Rs 350-800, pending on length and season, double or single occupation. edit
- Sha Villa, Seaside Manthara Temple, Manthara, Edava (pass Manthara Temple in Edava on the right side towards the sea, last house on the right or about 30 min walk north from Varkala Beach), ☎ +91 9895 49 22 66 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . A Guesthouse situated on the cliff in Edava with 5 rooms, Bed and Breakfast. Comfortable rooms with attached shower/toilet, access to the porch and roof top with it's splendid views by palm trees to the sea. Serviced by AsinMomo Homestay, so food and everything else, as food, drinks, Wifi, washing, advice, talks and so on available in AsinMomo Homestay in 3 min.walking distance. Some nice and peaceful beaches in 6 min waking distance. English, Malayalam, Hindi, German, French, Italian and some Spanish spoken. Rs 800 -1500, pending on length and season, double or single occupation. edit
- Kadeltheeram Beach Resort. edit