East Greenwich is centrally located in the state of Rhode Island on the western shore of the Narragansett Bay. Established in the 1600s, East Greenwich is the eighth oldest town in Rhode Island. Rich with history, the land was originally owned by the Pequot Indians. In 1644, the land was acquired by King Charles II. In 1677, the General Assembly legally established East Greenwich and the town was named after Greenwich County of Kent, England. Today, with numerous historical landmarks, East Greenwich continues to be proud of its history.
T.F. Green Airport located in Warwick, though listed as being in Providence, is a 10 minute drive to East Greenwich. Follow US-1 S into East Greenwich. 
For those driving from the northern part of Rhode Island, or Boston, take I-95 South toward Providence, a slight left at RI-4 S (sign will read North Kingstown /RI-4 S) and take Exit 8 for East Greenwich. Keep right after exit and enter East Greenwich.
For those driving from Connecticut or New York, take I-95 N, and then take Exit 8A for East Greenwich. For those coming from the southern part of Rhode Island, take US-1 N, a slight left at RI-4 N, and then Exit 8A to reach East Greenwich.
- Walk down Main Street on a nice day. Parking is hard to find at times. M-Sa 9AM-7PM limited 2 hour parking on Main Street and on the side streets. If you plan on spending more than 2 hours, park at Swift Gym or by the Police Station, both located off of Pierce Street.
- R.I.P.T.A. (The Rhode Island Public Transit Authority), 705 Elmwood Ave, Providence (main station), ☎ +1 401 781-9400, . M-Sa, check schedule for times. Bus service through Providence and across Rhode Island. East Greenwich’s stop is at the intersection of First Ave and Main St.
- Beachwood Beach, Beachwood Rd. A very small, state owned beach used mostly for dog walking and relaxing in the summer. Benches and picnic tables available. edit
- Bernet Marvel House, 3 Crop St. Built in 1800, the Bernet Marvel House is one of the oldest, least altered and well preserved houses in the district.
- Greenwich Bay, Located behind Water St, the scenic Greenwich Bay is a gorgeous view of water. Beautiful sunsets occur year round. You can take boats and jet skis on these waters. This bay empties into the Atlantic Ocean.
- First Baptist Church, 30 Pierce St, +1 401 884-2322, Worship Service Su 9:30am. After a strong windstorm destroyed the original church built in 1815 on Division and Wine Streets, First Baptist Church was built and finally dedicated in 1887. The founding fathers of East Greenwich were Baptists and today Baptists remain the oldest religious body in constant existence in the town.
- James Mitchell Varnum House, 57 Pierce St, +1 401 844-1776, June-August, Sa-Su 10:00am-4:00pm. Call to confirm hours. Built in 1773, the James Mitchell Varnum Mansion is now a museum furnished with 18th century furniture and features various historical artifacts from the time period.
- Kent County Courthouse/ East Greenwich Town Hall, 125 Main St, +1 401 886-8865. Kent County Courthouse is one of many great historical sites located in East Greenwich. Built in 1804 by Oliver Wickes, the Kent County Courthouse was where legislature took place. In 1775 the first United States Navy was commissioned on this site and in 1776, the Declaration of Independence was read to the town’s residents from this location. Until 1854 the Kent County Courthouse served as one of five original state houses in Rhode Island. Today the historic courthouse located in the center of town is home to the East Greenwich Town Offices.
- Kentish Guard Armory, 1774 Armory St, . Visit the Armory’s website for more contact information. Built in 1843, the Kentish Guard Armory is an excellent example of Greek Revival architecture. Today, the armory is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Miller-Congdon House, 20 Division St. Built in 1711, this gambrel style house, is the oldest building in town and the only remaining structure from it’s time period.
- New England Wireless and Steam Museum, 1300 Frenchtown Rd, +1 401 885-0545, . Visits and tours by appointment only. The New England Wireless and Steam Museum consists of five buildings, including: the Massie Wireless Steam Station, “PJ”, which is the oldest working wireless station in the world and the only surviving George H. Corliss engine run by steam.
- Second Kent County Jail, 110 King St. Approximately built in 1795, this always yellow building served as the town jail for 150 years. The Second Kent County Jail replaced the first jail located on Marlborough St.
- Varnum Memorial Armory, 6 Main St, +1 401 884-4110 . Visits and tours by appointment only. Built in 1913, the Varnum Armory is a medieval architectural structure that contains an extensive military and naval museum.
- Clay Ground 5600 Post Rd Phone: 1 401 884-4888. This is a great local location where you can participate in pottery painting and glass fusing. There are many different option to painting the pottery and if you plan to stay for the week, you can have your creation fired in their kiln.
- The Fire & Drum Corps, 1774 Armory St, W 7:00pm-9:00pm, . Visitors are welcome to stop by and watch the Armory rehearsals. The Kentish Guards is one of five fife drum corps in America that are military organizations. For more information, visit the Kentish Guard Armory’s website.
- Goddard Memorial State Park, 1095 Ives Rd, +1 401 884-2010. Winter office hours: 8:00am-3:30pm. Summer office hours: 7:30am-4:00pm. Open year round from sunrise to sunset. Goddard Park is Rhode Island’s most popular Metropolitan Park. The beautiful park offers an environment filled with spacious picnic areas, green fields and forested areas displaying over 80 species of tress from all over the world. The park has a private beach with bathhouses, concession stands, fireplaces and tables. Visitors can make use of various playing fields, equestrian trails, fishing and boating facilities, a nine-hole golf course and a new performing arts center available for special events.
- Greenwich Odeum, The Greenwich Theatre, 59 Main St (street parking, municipal lot within two blocks), +1 401 885-9119. Ticket Booth: M-F 12:00pm-6:30pm, . Originally a 1920's vaudeville theater, the Odeum is now an arts venue that hosts local music shows, plays, comedy, and the occasional film. It is entirely community-run, sustained by grants and donations and staffed by volunteers. Great venue for watching local talent located next to several food and drink options. Tickets $10-$20.
- Nancy Stephen Art Gallery, ☎ +1 401 884-8979, . Nancy Stephen Art Gallery is a wonderful place to take art classes. They offer class for all ages starting at the age of 5. It is a great place to learn and become good at painting, drawing, sculpture, and much more. edit
- Showcase Cinemas 1200 Quaker Ln Phone: 1 401 738-3674. Located on the border of East Greenwich and Warwick, across from the shopping plaza. A great place to go to see the latest movies. Showed up early? Buy some snacks or let the kids can enjoy the arcade while waiting for the movie to begin.
- Sundance Therapies, 410 Main St (street parking), ☎ +1 401 398-0786. M-F 9:00am-8:30pm, Sa 9:00am-8:30pm, Su 11:00am-3:00pm, . Sundance provides Swedish, Deep Tissue, and Orthopedic Massages. These can be supplemented with aroma therapy. The ambience is more holistic than clinical. Sundance also offers yoga classes. Massages $50 (30 min)-$100 (90 min).
- East Greenwich Country Club 1646 Division Road, Phone: +1 401 884-5656. This 9-Hole Public course offers rates which are affordable by golfers at any level. Not far from the highway, this course will enable you to get away for a little while on the course. Green Fees: 9 holes weekday: $18.00, 9 holes weekends: $22.00, Back 9 $10.00, with cart- 9 holes: $15.00, with cart- back 9: $12.00, Twilight rate (after 5:00pm): $13.00.
- Potowomut Golf Club 439 Ives Rd, Phone: +1 401 884-9773. This Private 18-Hole golf course will provide golfers with a challenging round of golf. Depending on which of the three tee boxes you play from, the course can become quite difficult. Lined with an extensive amount of trees and bunkers, you may find the enjoyable scenery to become a threat to your score. Wide fairways but many hazards, so make sure you keep the ball in play.
- Arts on Main. An event where anyone can enter their artistic talents to win. Ranging from painters to singers this is a night you don't want to miss. There are prizes awarded by age group and all entries are excepted as long as you preregister. This is a free event that anyone can view.
- Festival Fete. An event where items are sold in a flee market fashion. Artists sell artwork, singers offer their services and a fun time is had by all. Great to attend with young children.
- Main Street Stroll, Main St. An event that happens a few times a year, every year, on Main Street. Numerous artists and musicians are featured up and down the street and can be viewed throughout the night for free.
- Summer’s End, 101 First Ave. This festival happens every year in the heart of the town. Locals and other Rhode Island residents gather in the field of Eldredge Elementary for a night of music, artwork, food and fun. There are tents and stands set up all around the field, as well a stage in the front of the event where live music is played. Many people set up chairs and blankets and enjoy the festival until the end of the night. There are games for the kids as well as raffles and other prizes.
- All About Imagination, 99 Main St, ☎ ++1 401 886-5437, . T-Sa 10:00am-6:00pm. Specialty toy store that carries, Kathe Kruse, Plan Toys, eco-friendly toys, puzzles, books and board games. edit
- Anderson’s Ski and Dive, 5865 Post Rd, 401 884-1310. A great shop where you can buy skiing and diving gear along with other winter accessories. You are also able to sign up for scuba diving lessons at this location, along with purchasing many types of outdoor materials.
- Back to Basics Grocery, 500 Main St, ☎ +1 401 885-2679, . M-F 9:00am-7:00pm, Sa 9:00am-6:00pm, Su 12pm-5:00pm. It is the state’s largest locally owned grocery store that offers gluten free, wheat free, and dairy free foods. All produce products are organic. They also have a body care section that features Dr. Hauschka and Aubrey Organics as well as “green” cleaning solutions. A number of hemp products are offered as well as alternative herbal remedies and non-animal based proteins. edit
- Bags By Iris, 111 Main St, +1 401 885-3557, M-Sa 10:00am-5:30pm, Su 11:00am -4:00pm. A fashion boutique that carries a wide selection of Vera Bradley handbags, casual women’s wear, and Life is Good clothing. Also has a wide variety of intricate hand-made and custom jewelry at affordable prices.
- Bernadette Livingston Furniture, 39 Main St., ☎ (401) 398-2739. 11am-6:00pm. Unique furnishings, accessories, original art, and custom kitchen cabinetry. edit
- Blossom Florist, 93 Main Street, ☎ +1 401 884-0001, . M-F 9:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-4:00pm. A florist shop offering an assortment of flower arrangements designed by award-winning designers. Arrangements can include silk and/or dried flowers. Known to specialize in simple but elegant floral designs. edit
- Bone Appetit, 102 Main St, ☎ +1 401 885-6259, . M-F 10:00am-6:00pm, Sa-Su 10:00am-4:00pm. An eco-friendly dog store. It is known as being the biggest little dog store in Rhode Island. Dog food products are hand made and decorated, organic, and all natural. There is also a selection of healthy, all natural cat food and treats. edit
- The Bridal Garden, 110 Main St, ☎ +1 401 886-0885. Su Noon-4:00pm, M Noon-4:30pm, T-Thu Noon-8:00pm, F 10:30am-4:30pm, Sat 10:00am-5:00pm. A dress shop specializing in wedding and wedding party dresses. The dresses in the store are arranged by color and there are hundreds of different dress selections and designs. Dresses can also be ordered from catalogues and delivered to the store. During the season, the shop also has a selection of prom dresses. edit
- Charmed, 175 Main Street, +1 401 398-0972,  Tu-Sa 11am-5:00pm, Su and M closed. Known for their extensive and retail Italian charm bracelets- available in gold, steel, and silver.
- Civil, 88 Main Street, +1 401 886-5116,  M-F 11am-8:00pm, Sa 10:00am-6:00pm, Su 12:00pm-5:00pm. Into snowboarding and skateboarding? This urban men and women’s store offers a variety of street-ware and foot-ware brands ranging from Volcom, Burton, and Nike SB. They also carry all of your alternative sporting gear.
- Dave's Marketplace, 1000 Division Rd Unit 20, ☎ +1 401 885-1190, M-Sa 7:00am-9:00pm, Su 7:00am-8:00pm, . A local grocery chain specializing in New England-grown produce. Dave's has a great selection of prepared foods: fresh sushi, pizza, sandwiches, baked goods, etc. A serviceable Whole Foods alternative.
- Dugan Custom Jewelers, 164 Main St, ☎ +1 401 884-6800, . Sun-Mon closed, T by appointment, Wed 10:00am-6:00pm, Thu-Sat 10:00am-5:00pm. A jewelry store offering jewelry by local designers as well as brand names such as Diana Heimann, Timeless Designs, NUNU, The echo of the dreamer, D.Snyder, Henri Bar, Lieberfarb and Monica Kosann. Services include repairs, hand engraving, pearl stringing, and diamond remounts. edit
- Eloquence Jewelers, 5849 Post Rd, ☎ +1 401 885-9141. M-F 10:00am-5:00pm, Sat 10:00am-3:00pm. It is a high end jewelry store offering gold and silver pieces, along with jewelry from local designers. The owner, Dan, is beyond helpful and knowledgeable about the different products. Accepts American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, VISA, and Debit Cards. edit
- The Green Door, 130 Main St, ☎ +1 401 885-0510, . M-Sat 10:00am–5:00pm. It is the place to find gifts and home accessories. To name a few, the shop carries porcelain figurines and china, Orla soy candles, Company C Rugs, floral wreaths, baskets and arrangements. The owner Susan Swanson also offers interior design services.</buy *Mancini Lighting, 640 Main Street, ☎ ++1 401 886-9125. M-Thu 10:00am-4:00pm. It is a small shop that offers a large selection of different kinds of lamps and lamp shades. The owners David and Marie Mancini also work with and help homeowners design house lighting. edit edit
- Organica, 778 Main St, 401 250-2676. A great shop where you can get piercings or glass. The glass gallery has mostly high end equipment with some reasonably priced pieces.
- Peafunk Designs, 442 Main Street, ☎ 401 398-7108. M-Sa, 10:00am - 7:00pm, Su 11am - 5:00pm. At Peafunk, elegance meets funk. Open since 2006, the small and cozy boutique sells handmade and original crafts, designs and accessories. The shop has become known for fine custom jewelry, especially for wedding parties. Peafunk also offers jewelry-making classes. edit
- Repeté, 110 Main St, + 1 401 884-4010. A specialized boutique known for its original, complete bridal wear. Carries high-fashion dresses perfect for any cocktail party, prom, or pageant. Has luxurious jewelry, to top off your look for a glamorous evening. The store is pricey, but is worth it to be the belle of any ball.
- Sassy & Classy, 137 Main St, ☎ +1 401 886-9828, . T, Thu 11:00am-8:00pm, M, W, F-Sa 10:00am-5:00pm. A small boutique specializing in dresses, handbags, and shoes. edit
- Spardello's, 102 Main St, +1 401 885-6395,  M-F 10:00am-8:00pm, Sa 9:00am-6:00pm, Su 12:00pm-5:00pm. Carries upscale men's clothing. Perfect for finding a tux for the big wedding day or that business suit that makes you feel like a million bucks, without having to spend it. Has a large inventory of shirts, pants and shoes as well. Also has gentlemen’s accessories to complete your look.
- Stevens Oriental Rugs, 86 Main Street, ☎ +1 401 885-6066. M-F 10:00am-6:00pm, Sat 10A-5:00pm, closed Sun. Owned by a third generation rug merchant, the store offers hundreds of traditional Oriental rugs as well as new contemporary Oriental rug designs. Services also include cleaning and repairs. edit
- Thorpe’s Gift Shop, 517 Main St, +1 401 886-7740, M-F 10:00am-6:00pm, Sa 10:00am-5:00pm, Su 11am-5:00pm. East Greenwich’s very own personalized gift shop. Great place to find souvenirs. Carries anything from greeting cards, to custom gifts, to collectables.
- Zuzu's Petals, 165 Main St, ☎ +1 401 398-1199, . M-F 11am-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm. A contemporary dress boutique that carries dresses appropriate for many different occasions. Usually has a short dress selection, not gowns. Featured designers are Nicole Miller, BCBG, Shoshanna, Milly and Bianca Nero, to name a few. Dresses usually range from $100-$400. edit
- Bistro 9- Bistro 9 is not only a restaurant and function site, but it is also one of East Greenwich’s finest golf courses. It’s fairly new and therefore quite popular, especially in the summer when outdoor seating is available. It’s located right on Division Street in East Greenwich. The food is great and a little more expensive. Kids are fine, but this is mostly an adult restaurant. They have an excellent array of wines to accompany their menu and the staff is very knowledgeable on the pairing of main courses with their wines. It’s a great function facility because it has a view of the golf course in the back yard. Regardless of the popularity, the parking lot is quite large so parking is normally not an issue. This restaurant would be a great “special occasion” place to have dinner.
- Scrambler’s III Inc. 564 Main St. The restaurant is located right on Main Street, across from the Starbucks. It’s very casual and known for its breakfast selections. It’s seat yourself seating and has a small bar counter that you can also eat at. Kids are welcome and casual dress is appropriate. Everything is reasonably priced and made to order. They have a full menu (besides breakfast) and have a ‘Specials’ white board that they update daily. It’s great if you’re looking for a fast sit-down meal.
- Pickles Deli & Café, 135 Frenchtown Rd, ☎ +1 401 884-1828. Open M–Sat. 9:30 am – 3:00 pm.. This upscale deli offers customers a wide selection of sandwiches made with fresh ingredients. The “home of the stuffed pickle” has over 32 specialty sandwiches on their gourmet menu. Most popular sandwiches include the “Christopher Columbus,” “19th Hole” and “Mad Russian”. edit
- Blu On the Water, 20 Water St, 401 885-3700. M-W 11:30am-11:30 pm, Th-Sa 11:30am-1:00am, Su 12:00pm-11:30pm. A Beautiful restaurant located right on the waterfront. Formerly known as 20 Water Street, this location is spectacular at night. With an outside deck for dining, it is a great place to enjoy dinner on a calm summer night. The food is delicious and the nightlife is great at this location on the weekends.
- Raku Sakura, 148 Main Street, 401 885-0777. M-Th 11:00am-10:00pm, F & Sa 11:00am-11:20pm, Su 12:00pm-9:30pm. This restaurant is located in the heart of Main Street in East Greenwich and delivers quality food with a quaint Japanese environment. Raku Sakura is great for the whole family and offers several bars for those interested in having some alone time.
- Dante's Inferno, 315 Main St, 401 398-7798. Tu-W 8:00am-2:00pm Th-Sa 8:00am-2:00pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm, Su 8:00am-2:00pm. Great little breakfast nook for the whole family. Similar to T's restaurant with more reasonable pricing. Eggs are only $.95 everyday. Delicious.
- D'Angelo Sandwiches, 3321 South County Trail, 401 884-2162. A chain of sandwich shops located on the border of East Greenwich and North Kingstown. The service is quick and the food is great, but it gets busy around lunch time so call ahead and order your sandwich to avoid a long wait.
- Ruby Tuesday, 1000 Division Rd, 401 884-4151. M-Th 11:00am-11:00pm, F 11:00am-12:00am, Su 10:00am-11:00pm. A wide variety of menu items, including a salad bar, poultry, seafood, and steak options. Pricing is inexpensive and the restaurant is conveniently located across from the movies for a great dinner and movie night out. There is always service with a smile and never too long of a wait for your meal. Don’t want to sit down? Online ordering with curbside pickup is now available.
- McDonald’s, 1000 Division Rd. Open daily 5:00am-Midnight. A cheaper, quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Many menu items are not healthy but they do have healthy options. Service is usually quick but becomes crowded during lunch and dinner hours. Drive-thru and inside dining available.
- Texas Roadhouse, 1200 Quaker Ln, 401 884-4185. M-Th 3:30pm-10:00pm, Fr 3:30pm-11:00pm, Sa 11:00am-11:00pm, Su 11:00am-10:00pm. This is a local steakhouse that is fun for all ages! Guests are allowed to throw the shells of their peanuts on the floor which creates great fun for all. A great place to go if you have a birthday in your group! Service is excellent and food is tasty and well-priced.
- Outback Steakhouse, 1000 Division Rd, 401 886-4543. M-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm, Fr 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sa 11:00am-11:00pm, Su 11:00am-9:00pm. This steak house is a great dinner destination most nights of the week. The food and service is great and they have a curbside pickup option available every night of the week.
- Island Pizza, 2554 South County Trail, ☎ +1 401 885-4200. M-Sa. 11:00am-9:00pm. Island Pizza is a family owned local pizza place. Serving its signature Greek style pizza, this pizzeria has been serving up its unique cuisine for over a decade. Other than the pizza, the antipasto is a frequently ordered item off of the menu. edit
- Cucina Mista, 455 Main St, ☎ +1 401 398-2900. Open M-Sat.. Cucina Mista is a fairly new establishment on the East Greenwich culinary scene. This traditional Italian eatery has been serving up healthy Mediterranean cuisine and has gained much popularity in just its first year open for business. The menu includes a wide range of appetizers, salads, grilled pizzas, pastas and fresh seafood. edit
- Fillipou’s Pizza, 450 Main St, ☎ +1 401 885-5652. Open M-Th 11:00 am – 10:00 pm, F-Sun 11:00 am – 11:00 pm.. The Fillipou’s have been serving their Greek style “twisted pizza” in Rhode Island for years. Their new location, right in the heart of Main St, offers customers with the option for take out or delivery. The popular menu items include the “twisted” pizza and their wide selection of subs. Dine inside with the luxury of plasma televisions and full bar. edit
- Natale’s Deli, 2708 South County Trail, ☎ +1 401 884-0558. Open Sun-Sat.. Natale’s Deli is an upscale Italian eatery. Their sandwiches are made with high quality Boar’s Head meat and have handmade entrees made from the freshest ingredients. With a newly acquired liquor license, this East Greenwich establishment has grown in popularity as a local favorite. edit
- KON Asian Bistro & Club, 553 Main St, ☎ +1 401 886-9200. Open M-Th 11:30 am – 10:00 pm, F-Sat 11:30 am – 11:00 pm, Sun 1:00 pm – 9:30 pm.. KON is the only place for authentic Japanese Cuisine in East Greenwich. Located downtown, this establishment is equip with a sushi bar and hibachi grilles. The sushi’s and sashimi’s are among the favorites on the menu. Sushi rolls start at just $5 and go all the way up to $15. edit
- Audra’s Café, 315 Main St, ☎ +1 401 884-4441. Open M-Sat 6:00 am – 2 pm, Sun. 6:00 am–1:00 pm. This café located downtown right in the epicenter of Main St serves up breakfast and lunch to hungry customers everyday of the week. Although the café is always packed full of people, the fast service moves the line quickly and customers tend to find the food quality to be well worth the wait. Entrees start at $2.25 and reach $7.25. edit
- Ed’s Roost, 357 Main St, ☎ +1 401 885-3358. Open Mon-Sat 6:00am–2:00pm. This old fashioned breakfast diner has been serving happy customers in East Greenwich for decades. The décor takes you back in time as it is littered with antiques and relics of the past. The most popular food item is the breakfast sandwich dubbed the “Ed-McMuffin”. This breakfast sandwich is a fried egg on an English muffin with your choice of bacon, sausage or ham. This crowd favorite is perfect for staying within a budget at only $1.25. edit
- Pal's Restaurant, 43 Division St, ☎ 401-884-9701, . From 11:30am. Established in 1993 and serves classic Italian dishes along with the classic seafood dishes and American dishes. It is a small restaurant that has fast service and is good for families. edit
- Angelina's Italian Deli, 431 Main St, ☎ +1 401 398-7331, . Open M-Tu 11:00am-3:00pm, W-Sa 11:00am-7:00pm. Angelina's serves fresh homemade Italian food. If there is a sub that you want that don't see on the menu ask and they will make it. They have fast service and nice portions that are big enough for two people. It is a great place to stop and get a bit to eat when you are strolling around Main Street. edit
- T's Restaurat (T's East Greenwich), 5600 Post Rd, ☎ +1 401 398-7877, . 7:00am-3:00pm. The portions are quite large and the quality of everything is of impeccable standards. The prices are a little high especially for sides but the food is well worth it. The atmosphere is nice with many of the walls sporting paintings by one of the owners Anthony Tomaselli. With daily specials this is a must visit. edit
- Giuseppe's Take & Bake Pizza, 333 Main St, ☎ +1 401 886-4429. M-W 9:00am-8:00pm, Th-Su 9:00am- 9:00pm. Offers cooked or take and bake pizzas. Vegan and gluten-free options available. Tasty wraps and friendly service. All major credit cards accepted. $10-15 per entree. edit
- Ritrovo Italian Pub and Grille, 1050 Main St, ☎ +1 401 398-7600, . Tu-F 4:00pm-1:00am, Sa 11:30am- 1:30am, Su 11:30am- 11:00pm. Great Italian food in the traditional style on a somewhat short and simple menu with added inventive specials. Relaxed yet refined atmosphere. Attentive and delightful staff. edit
- Mozzarella's Italian Grille & Bar, 5702 Post Rd, ☎ +1 401 884-1009, . Su-Th 11:30am-10:00pm, F-Sa 11:30am-11:00pm. A largely Italian-based menu. A fine bar area is separated from a more laid back dining room. Plenty of staples and local favorites on tap. Very family friendly and community-connected. Fair prices with good quality. Very friendly and genuine staff. Plenty of parking. Right beside Hilltop Creamery. Menu ranges from $8-16. edit
- Taste of China II, 148 Main St, ☎ +1 401 884-4660. 9:30am-10:30pm. Typical Chinese food restaurant. Does tons of take-out business and is one of the only Chinese restaurants in the area that delivers. Features all staples of Chinese food. Good sized portions. edit
- Cathay Garden, 363 Main St, ☎ +1 401 884-7776. M-Th 11:30am- 9:30pm, F-Sa 11:30am-10:30pm. Chinese cuisine at a great value. A bevy of typical Chinese dishes are offered with a buffet option available in restaurant. Take out is offered and the restaurant is highly frequented. It is a family operation and the staff are all amazingly friendly and dedicated. They do their very best to make sure you are happy with your experience. edit
- End Zone Pub & Grill, ☎ +1 401 885-8226. Located just on off the North Kingstown border, The End Zone Pub is a popular bar hangout spot. Live music every week makes the pub a great nighttime attraction. Sports fans will enjoy the bar more so than anyone else, as games are always on multiple televisions throughout the day. The pub offers many choices of great tasting beer and appetizers, especially their famous hot buffalo wings. edit
- Greenwich Bay Gourmet, 50 Cliff St, +1 401 541-9190,  Open M-F 8:00am-6:00pm, Sa 8:00am-5:00pm. Specialty sandwiches, salads, soups, gourmet coffee, and freshly baked desserts are available at this gourmet to go bistro. Accepts Visa and Mastercard. $5-$10.
- Tio Mateo's Mexican Grille, 537 Main St, +1 401 886-1973. Open M-Th 11:00am-8:00pm, F-Sa 11:00am-9:00pm. Mexican food ranging from steak tacos to chicken burritos to the dessert smores quesadilla. Popular for its takeout. Accepts Visa and Mastercard. $5-$10.
Tio Mateo's Mexican Grille
- Chianti's Italian Cuisine, 195 Old Forge Rd, +1 401 885-4999. Open Tu-Th, Su 11:30am-9:00pm, F-Sa 11:30am-10:00pm. Italian cuisine as well as seafood and steaks served in a family friendly atmosphere. There is also a banquet facility available. Accepts all major credit cards. $10-$20.
- Frank and John from Italy, 186 Main St, +1 401 884-9751. Open daily 11:00am-11:00pm. Known for their thin and crispy crust pizza and various Italian dishes. Closes for one week in the summer. Arrive early Friday and Saturday nights to avoid a wait. Cash only. $8-$16.
- The Grille on Main, 50 Main St (street parking, municipal parking within one block), ☎ =1 401 885-2200, . Su-Th 11:30am-10:00pm, Fr-Sa 11:30am-12:00am. Grille’s food is typical pub fare (sandwiches, flatbread pizza, burgers), but with some vegetarian and gluten-free options. Grille on Main specializes in local liquor and draft beer. This is the biggest bar on Main St and is ideal for a group outing, though the live music on weekends can be a bit loud. Parking on the street can be tough, but there is a nearby lot on the same side of the street. Open window tables available. $15-$21. edit
- Greenwich Bay Oyster Bar, 250 Main St (street parking, municipal parking within three blocks), ☎ =1 401 398-2462, . Open daily 3:00pm-12:00am. A small pub specializing in martinis and raw oysters. Oysters from four or five different farms are typically available and are ordered a la carte so you can sample oysters from all over New England or stick to a local favorite. The oyster freshness and variety are the best in Rhode Island outside Providence. The menu is rather small and consists of seafood and Italian dishes, the best of which is the flatbread calamari pizza. The small dining area can fill up quickly. Reservations are not accepted—arrival an hour before or after the 6:00pm dinner rush is advisable. Service is exceptional. Televisions are sparse and not viewable outside of the bar. Great choice for oysters and conversation, but not for watching sports. $18-$30, ($1 Oysters Su-Th 3:00pm-5:00pm and 10:00pm-11:00pm). edit
- ""Habourside Lobstermania"", 38 Water St, +1 401 884-6363 Enjoy some great seafood with lovely views of the harbor. It’s casual enough to bring the kids, but past 10:00pm on the weekends, it turns into a very busy bar. Reasonable prices for seafood, especially the “lobsta.”
- Jiggers, 145 Main St, + 1 401 884-5388. M-Sa 6:00am-2:00pm, Su 6:00am-1:00pm, F 3:00pm-8:00pm. Offers traditional breakfast and lunch diner fare from omelets to meatloaf. Serves dinner on Fs only. Arrive early to avoid sitting at the counter. Cash only. $5-$24.
- Rasa Indian Restaurant, 149 Main St (street parking, valet), ☎ =1 401 398-2822, . Tu-Th 11:30am-10:00pm, Fr 11:30am-11:00pm, Sa 11:30am-10:30pm, Su 11:30am-9:30pm. Thali Sa-Su 11:30am-3:00pm. A sister restaurant of Providence's Kabob & Curry and Rasoi, Rasa serves great Indian food with exceptional service. The manager, helpful and kind, usually checks on every guest. Several vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free courses are available. Saturday's thali, a multi-course vegan-friendly meal ($12), is a house specialty. $15-$20. edit
- Beso's Kitchen & Cocktails, 378 Main St (street parking, valet), ☎ =1 401 398-8855, . Lunch M-F 11:00am-4:00pm. Dinner Daily 4:00pm-12:00am. Brunch Sa-Su 11:00am-4:00pm. In terms of aesthetics and atmosphere, Beso's is one of the best restaurants on Main St. It has the most outdoor dining space and is best-enjoyed on a summer evening. Their spacious bar has several televisions. Great spot for a date or for catching a game. Their best dish is the pan seared scallops with a fruit glaze (usually strawberry). Reservations typically required on weekends. Business casual dress. $22-$35. edit
- Chef-A-Roni Fancy Foods, 2832 South County Trail, 401 884-8798. M-Sa 9:00am-6:00pm, Su 9:00am-2:00pm. "Rhode Island's largest selection of gourmet foods." A deli located on the border of East Greenwich and North Kingstown. Delicious food to buy by the pound or just to grab a sandwich. With a market set up you can by most of your lunch essentials.
- Eleven Forty Nine, 1149 Division St, + 1 401 884-1149, Open M-Sa 11:30pm-2:30pm for lunch, M-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm, F Sa 5:00pm-11:00pm, Su 3:00pm-9:00pm. Offers pasta, seafood, steaks, salads in an upscale atmosphere with valet parking. Accepts all major credit cards. $20-$39.
- Meritage Restaurant, 5454 Post Rd, +1 401 886-0987, Open M Tu 4:00pm-11:00pm, W-Sa 4:00pm-11:30pm, Su 9:00am-2:00pm, 3:00pm-11:00pm. Serves electic American cuisine including sushi, fire-grilled pizzas, and steak. Bar is open until 1:00am. Accepts all major credit cards. $20-$30.
- Siena Cucina Enoteca, 5600 Post Rd, +1 401 885-8850,  Tu-F 5:00pm-9:00pm, Sa 4:30pm-9:00pm, Su 3:00pm-9:00pm. Serves Tuscan cuisine including, steak, veal, and sauted specialty dishes. Also offers 20 wines by the glass. Enjoy the lively atmosphere Siena offers. Accepts all major credit cards. $13-$30.
- Table 28, 20 Water St, +1 401 885-3700,  Open daily for lunch 11:30am-3:30pm and open Su-Th 5:00pm-10:00pm, F Sa 5:00pm-11:00pm for dinner. Upscale seafood dining on the water in the East Greenwich Cove. Accepts all major credit cards. $9-$26.
- Trattoria del Corso, 223 Main St, +1 401 398-2905. Open M-Th 5:00pm-9:30pm, F Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm, Su 12:30pm-9:00pm. Upscale Italian dining in a romantic atmosphere with items ranging from calamari to pork loin. Also has a long wine list. Accepts all major credit cards. $10-$30.
- The Chocolate Delicacy, 219 Main St, +1 401 884-4949, Open M-F 10:00am-6:00pm, Sa 10:00am-5:00pm, Su 10:00am-4:00pm between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Known for their handmade truffles, Chocolate Delicacy also offers chocolate dipped seasonal fruit and a variey of handmade chocolates. Accepts Visa, MC & Amex.
- Hill-Top Creamery, 5720 Post Road, + 1 401 884-8753. Open Mar.-Oct. daily from noon-9:00pm. A staple ice cream location, limited outdoor seating, great family atmosphere. Cash only.
- Scrumptions, 5600 Post Rd, +1 401 884-0844 Tu-F 10:00am-6:00pm, Sa 9:00am-5:00pm, extended hours in December. Nationally known for their wedding cakes, Scrumptions also offers butter cookies, pastries, and chocolates. Accepts all major credit cards.
- Searle's Old Tyme Ice Cream, 253 Main St, +1 401 398-7477. Open from Apr. to Oct. daily 2:00pm-9:00pm. Limited seating indoors and outdoors. Offers traditional flavors. Cash only.
- Sweet Twist, 5707 Post Rd, +1 401 885-7579, Open M-Sa 10:00am-5:00pm. Voted Best Candy Store in RI by RI Monthly Magazine. Sweet Twist offers signature handmade chocolates, fine confections, and unique gifts. Their signature product is their chocolate and carmel dipped apples. Accepts all major credit cards.
- The Grille on Main, 50 Main Street, +1 401 885-2200, Inviting neighborhood grille serves daily specials and a well rounded menu with grilled pizzas, pasta, grilled steaks and seafood items, bar stays open until 1 am. Mon-Tue, Sun 11:30am-10pm, Wed-Thu 11:30am-11pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-12pm
- Mulberry Street Tavern & Sports Bar, 5702 Post Road, +1 401 886-7659, Tavern and sports bar featuring Italian and Greek cuisine pizza, hot oven grinders, fresh chicken wings, ribs, pasta and more. The bar features seventeen satellite televisions. Mon-Fri Noon-Midnight, Saturday 11:00-Midnight, Sunday 11:00-11:00
- Richard’s Pub, 3347 South County Trail, +1 401 884-2880, Tavern and sports bar, serving wings, pizza, and entrees. Come on down with friends and watch your favorite sports teams in action. Mon-Thu 11:00-11:30, Fri-Sat 11:00-midnight, Sun Noon-10:00
- End Zone Pub, 5835 Post Road, +1 401 885-2886, The place to be for sports and a good time. Grab a drink and a plate of wings and watch the game. Serves daily specials as well.
- Greenwich Tavern, 195 Forge Road, +1 401 885-4999, Friendly atmosphere serving full menu, nice place to come and have a drink with friends, great for watching sports.
- Fat Belly’s Irish Pub & Grille, 241 Main St., ☎ +1 401 884-3434. Open everyday 11:30 AM – 1 AM. Named “Best Neighborhood Restaurant” and “Best Neighborhood Bar” in 2008 by Rhode Island’s Best. This downtown eatery provides customers with quality pub-style food and wide varieties of beer and wine. Watch the game on plasma televisions or enjoy live music every Saturday night. Mid-Range. edit
- Parkside Bar and Grill, 195 Old Forge Road, ☎ 401-884-3810. The upstairs bar section of Chianti's restaurant. Affordable prices and deals. Casual pub atmosphere with pool, darts, and many wide-screen TVs. edit
- McKinley's Irish Pub, 1 Division Road, 401-886-1111. Open until 1 am daily. Great food and beer! This bar is a great place for a night out, with 3 flat screen TV's and music played all night. There is also an outside deck where you can order drinks and relax.
- Harbourside Lobstermania, 38 Water Street, 401-884-6363. Enjoy live bands, great food, dancing and fun at the indoor and outdoor bars. This location closes for the season on Columbus day most years.
- The Oak’s Tavern, 103 Duke Street, 401-884-9803. Monday-Saturday 10am-1pm, Sunday 12pm-12am. More of a sports bar. The atmosphere is for people who prefer a loud crowd. There is outdoor seating available. The only foods available here are appetizers so don’t come expecting a full meal. Service is good, but it isn’t much of a ladies bar. A good bar for locals but they are very welcoming to newcomers.
- Felicia's Coffee, 5757 Post Rd., +1 401 886-4141, M-Th 6AM-8PM, F Sa 6AM-11PM, Su 7AM-5PM. Large and comfortable coffee house that serves muffins, cakes, pastries, and gourmet coffees. Occasionally offers live entertainment on the weekends. Accepts Visa and Mastercard.
- Main Street Coffee, 137 Main St., +1 401 885-8787, M-Th 6AM-10PM, F 6AM-11PM, Sa 6AM-midnight, Su 8AM-10PM. Upscale coffee house with wonderful ambiance serves decadent cakes and desserts, various European coffee drinks including espresso, and the attached Toscana Lounge serves a range of alcoholic beverages. Accepts all major credit cards.
- Simon Says Cafe, 96 Main St., +1 401 884-1965, M-F 6:30AM-6 PM, Sa 7AM-6PM, Su 7:30AM-3PM. Quaint coffee house and sandwich shop offers a variety of flavored coffees, teas, pastries, and deli sandwiches. Cash only.
- Dunkin Donuts,720 Main St, +1 401 884-9677, 1239 Division Rd., +1 401 885-3462, 2611 South County Trail, +1 401 884-7065 Open 5AM-midnight daily. A popular doughnut chain in the Northeast, Dunkin' Donuts serves pastries, bagels, coffee, and sandwiches at very affordable prices. Accepts all major credit cards.
- Panera Bread, 1000 Division St., +1 401 541-9088,  M-F 6:30AM-9:30PM, Sa 6:30AM-10PM, Su 6:30AM-9PM. Spacious coffee house, bakery, and restaurant that serves salads, sandwiches, and pastries. There are also free refills on select coffees. Accepts all major credit cards.
- Starbucks, 555 Main St., +1 401 885-1291, M-Sa 6AM-9PM, Su 6AM-8PM. Has seasonal tables outside of store. Accepts all major credit cards.
- 1873 House Bed and Breakfast, 162 Pierce Street, +1 401-884-9955. A charming guest house with turn-of-the-century atmosphere inviting you to relax and enjoy your stay. Located in the heart of the Hill and Harbor Historic District with its many landmarks dating from its founding in 1677. Just steps to Main Street with restaurants, fashionable boutiques, as well as gift and antique shops. Waterfront dining and entertainment on Greenwich Cove are just a few blocks away.
- Greenwich Hotel, 162 Main St, ☎ 1-401-884-4200. The only hotel in downtown East Greenwich, the Greenwich Hotel offers about 25 rooms for rent. The price to rent a room ranges from $50-$70 a night. edit
- Visit the museums, experience the nightlife, or taste the Italian cuisine of Providence, located 25 minutes north of East Greenwich. Take I-95 N and take any of the Downtown Providence exits starting with exit 20.
- Enjoy the historic town of Newport with the mansions, unique shops, and various beaches. A 35 minute ride south of East Greenwich. Follow RI-4 S and then stay on US-1 S. Merge onto RI- 138 E and cross Jamestown and Newport bridges (there is a $2 toll each way for the Newport Bridge).
- Find many bargains at the Wrentham Village Premium Outlets in Wrentham, Massachusetts. A 45 minute ride north, take I-95 N and then merge onto I-495 N by taking exit 6B. Take the RT-1A S exit, known as exit 15.
- Neighboring North Kingstown has a Fast Ferry service to Martha's Vineyard.
- A short 25 minute drive leads you straight into Narragansett to enjoy the local beaches or take a Ferry to Block Island for the day.
|Routes through East Greenwich
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!