East Central Florida is in Florida in the United States.
- Brevard County - Nicknamed the "Space Coast" for the home of Kennedy Space Center, and home of the Brevard County Manatees baseball team.
- Lake County - A destination for many natural attractions, including part of Ocala National Forest, part of Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge, Lake Griffin State Park, Lake Louisa State Park, and Rock Springs Run State Reserve.
- Orange County - Home to Orlando and Walt Disney World.
- Osceola County - Home of Houston Astros Spring Training Baseball.
- Seminole County
- Volusia County - Roughly the size of Rhode Island, the county promotes the area as being the "Fun Coast," as the local area code 386 spells out the word "fun."
English is the official language of the state. However, the Spanish language is making inroads throughout the state. Native-born Floridians will usually speak in a southern accent. However, after the migration of millions of Americans from other states to Florida, the southern dialect is becoming diluted with other accents.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) - your choice airport for Disney World and the surrounding attractions. Located south of Downtown Orlando, this airport offers car rentals and free shuttles to Disney World for visitors.
- Orlando-Sanford International Airport - located in Sanford, which is north of Orlando. Orlando-Sanford is geared to airlines that operate charter services, such as Allegiant Airlines in the United States, and a host of flights from the United Kingdom. Icelandair in recent years moved their operations from Orlando International to here, providing nonstop flights to Iceland. The airport is approximately 25 miles north of Orlando International Airport.
- Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB) - The largest airport in Volusia County, which is served by Delta Air Lines, AirTran Airways, Continental Airlines, and Vintage Props and Jets.
- Melbourne International Airport (MLB) - Fly directly into Melbourne Beach and hop right on to a surf board!
East Central Florida is served by Greyhound Bus Lines, which has scheduled stops in Orlando and other cities. The Greyhound routes connect with other major cities in the United States of America.
Commuter Rail  - The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT), in cooperation with local government officials in Orange, Seminole, Volusia and Osceola counties and the federal government, are currently working on a 61-mile commuter rail project, using existing Amtrak and CSX freight rail lines. The commuter rail line will roughly parallel Interstate 4, and is projected to start service in 2010.
- LYNX - Public transportation by Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority.  With the main hub centered on Orlando, bus service provided in Osceola, Orange, and Seminole Counties. Some buses link to neighboring counties. Service to Disney World is available.
- SCAT - Public Transportation by Space Coast Area Transit, offers bus service around Brevard County .
- VOTRAN - Volusia County Transportation service.  Offers buses, shuttles, special services for the disabled and elderly. Connection offered with LYNX to reach Orlando.
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge - Manatee, bird, and other wildlife watching, hiking, canoeing and kayaking.
- Public Beaches - Brevard County and Volusia County.
Surfing in Cocoa-Rockledge and Daytona Beach
- Fin and Fly Fishing Charters (Fin and Fly Fishing Charters), 951 Bali Rd, Cocoa Beach, FL 32931, ☎ (321) 652-5903, . 24 hours. Deep sea and inshore guided fishing charters for Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral, and Orlando. Fish for mahi mahi, sharks, sailfish, trout and more. Varies. edit
- Titusville Rock Shrimp and other local seafood are specialty.
- Rockledge has some interesting dining.