Dunsmuir is a city in the Shasta Cascades region of California.
Dunsmuir  has always been tied to the railroad lines that still run through the city. Sitting near the top of a steep grade, the Central Pacific RR chose this location for a service facility and engine house for the helper engines that assisted in moving trains up and down the steep grade. A town grew near the facility, eventually becoming the city of Dunsmuir.
- Dunsmuir Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center, 5915 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-2177 (fax: +1 530 235-0911), . edit
- From Redding, take I-5 N.
- From McCloud, take CA-89 W, then I-5 S to Dunsmuir.
- Amtrak - Coast Starlight, 5750 Sacramento Ave., . Midnight-1AM, 4AM-6AM. There is no ticket office in Dunsmuir. The Coast Starlight southbound stops at 12:35 AM, northbound at 4:56 AM. edit
There is so much scenery to see here, driving is not recommended save for when you really need to.
Walking is probably the best option for if you are just doing a day stop.
If you plan on spending enough time here, this option will give you enough time to enjoy the trails and scenery, but not put you behind schedule.
- The Third Wheel, 5824 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-2453. Third Wheel rents edit
The Siskiyou County STAGE bus has several stops in Dunsmuir, as well as travelling to other towns and cities in the county.
- Tauhindauli Park, located under the 800-Foot Bridge (part of I-5) going over the Upper Sacramento River, just a bit north of Dunsmuir, . edit
- Dunsmuir ArtWalk, ☎ +1 530 235-0963, . September. Artists showcase their work in downtown Dunsmuir. edit
- Dunsmuir Botanical Gardens, 4841 Dunsmuir Ave. (in Dunsmuir City Park), ☎ +1 530 235-4740 (email@example.com). Showcases the local native vegetation. Walking trails and fishing. edit
- Fishing, . The upper Sacaramento River runs past Dunsmuir offering excellent wild trout fishing opportunities. edit
- Mossbrae Falls, (From Dunsmuir Ave., take a right on Scarlett Way and park on the other side of the tracks.), . Access to falls closed until further notice. A 2.4 miles roundtrip hike will take you to this 150' wide, 50' tall waterfall. edit
- Mossbrae Music Festival, 4841 Dunsmuir Ave. (Dunsmuir City Park). July. edit
- Railroad Days. Father's Day Weekend. A three-day festival celebrating Dunsmuir's railroad heritage. Model Railroads, Parade, Lil Mr. & Mrs. Engineer Pageant, Kids' Fishing Derby, Diaper Derby, Softball Tournament, Food. edit
- Swimming Holes, . The Sacaramento River in this area is full of slow moving areas that make ideal natural swimming holes. There are two right in town and several within 20 miles of the town. edit
- Train watching/Railfanning, . Dunsmuir is an excellent location to see trains in action. Being located on the major north-south rail corridor in California, the town sees a lot of activity. There is also a yard and engine facility in town. edit
- Dunsmuir Rod Company, 5210 Florence Loop, ☎ +1 530 235-4058 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . open to the public by appointment only. Custom bamboo fly rods, bamboo rod building workshops, and fly fishing merchandise. edit
- Ruddle Cottage Gallery (Jayne Bruck-Fryer), 5815 Sacramento Ave. (I5 north of Redding 49 miles), ☎ +1 530 235-2022 (email@example.com), . Daily. Recycling Queen of Dunsmuir:Owner/Artist: Jayne Bruck-Fryer, where everything is made by the artist. From donated and recycled materials, certified by the CIWMB for being 98% post consumer. Great Herb Garden and If you like mosaics, her Mosaic studio is beautiful, a fully packed gallery full of really invented copyrighted recycle gifts and art.No cameras and cells phones. If you catch Jayne when she's not too busy, she'll give you the tour and spend some time explaining what she does, her passion.. and involve you in the story of her life and art. One of the most enjoyable stops on the Interstate 5 , going to North Mt Shasta, or South to Redding. edit
- Ted Fay Fly Shop, 5732 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-2969 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Su-Th: 7AM-5PM; Fr & Sa: 7AM-6PM. Fly fishing supplies, fishing location advice. edit
- Window Box Nursery, 5817 Sacramento Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-0063 (email@example.com). March 15 through September 28. Bonsai plants, exotic connifers and rare perennials. Also has an art gallery. Bonsai workshops are scheduled throughout the year. See website for dates. edit
- All Aboard Espresso, 5345 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-4575. M-Sa: 6:30AM-4:00PM; Su: 7:00AM-3:00PM. edit
- Brown Trout Café, 5841 Sacramento Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-0754. Out of Business edit
- Burger Barn, 5942 Dunsmuir Avenue (Downtown, near Fire Station), ☎ +1 530 235-2902. Fall/Winter Hours: Monday-Saturday 11-7PM Sundays 11-3(Closed month of January/Februrary).. Great Burgers, Fries and Shakes! Home of the famous "Barnbuster!" More than great burgers, offering Veggie Burgers, Smoke BBQ Pulled Pork, Chicken, Fish & Chips, Philly Cheesesteak, Onion Rings, Deli Sandwiches on freshly baked rolls, Soups, Corn Dogs, Chicken Nuggets and Great Old Fashioned Soft Serve Ice Cream. Friendly family owned restaurant, clean restrooms. Visitor information. A great all around eatery! Pet friendly, patio dining. Beer and wine availalble. Extended Summer Hours begin Mid-May-November! edit
- Cafe Maddalena, 5801 Sacramento Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-2725, . March 20 through New Year's Eve: Th-Su - 5PM-10PM. Mediterranean cuisine bistro featuring dishes from Spain, France, Italy, and North Africa. Reservations are suggested. $9-24. edit
- Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe, 5759 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-4677. M: 7AM-3PM; Tu: CLOSED; W-Sa: 7AM-3PM; Su: 8AM-2PM. edit
- Hitching Post, 4917 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-4336. Out of Business edit
- Micki's Better Burger, 4905 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-4004. 50s themed diner featuring tacos, salads, hamburgers, bannana splits, frosties, espressos, grilled hot dogs, and at least 12 different flavors of milk shakes. edit
- Pizza Factory, 5804 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-4849, . M-Th: 11AM-9PM; F-Sa: 11AM-10PM; Su: 12PM-9PM. edit
- Sengthong’s Blue Sky Room, 5841 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ 235-1046, . Th & Su: 5:00PM - 8:00PM. F-Sa: 5:00PM - 9:00PM. Vietnamese, Laotian & Thai Cuisine. Lunch: $8-10;Dinner: $12-16. edit
- Dunsmuir Brewery Works, 5701 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 859-3763 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . Microbrewery edit
- Sengthong’s Blue Sky Room, 5841 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ 235-1046, . Sengthong's has an active music schedule ranging from county to blues to hip-hop. Thursdays are an 80s and 90s dance party starting at 9PM. Beer:$3-10; Martinis: $6-7. edit
- Acorn Inn, 4310 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-4805 (email@example.com). Closed edit
- Best Choice Inn, 4221 Siskiyou Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-4010 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1 530 235-4008), . Closed edit
- Cave Springs-Motel-Resort, 4727 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ Toll Free: +1 888 235-2721; +1 530 235-2721, . Cabins: $45-63; Motel: $54-79. edit
- Cedar Lodge Motel, 4201 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-4331; +1 530 235-4332 (email@example.com, fax: +1 530 235-4000), . edit
- Dunsmuir Lodge, 6604 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-2884, . Extra charge for pets. $74-144. edit
- Dunsmuir Spring Cottages, 5705 Shasta Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-1956; +1 530 235-4863 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Historic cottages in downtown Dunsmuir. No smoking, call for pet policy. $99-129. edit
- Dunsmuir Lodge, 4000 Siskiyou Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-4100, . edit
- Railroad Park Resort, 100 Railroad Park Rd., ☎ +1 530, . This resort caters to railfans with its caboose motel. All of the motel rooms are in retired railroad cabooses. The resort also has an RV park with both tent sites and full hookup RV sites. Motel: $115-125; Camping: $22-30. edit
- Rustic RV & Trailer Park, 30877 Crag View Dr., ☎ +1 530 235-4330 (email@example.com). edit
- Traveler's Hotel, 5815 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-4465. Closed edit
- Dunsmuir Travel Inn and Suites, 5400 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-4395 (fax: +1 530 235-0229), . checkin: 1PM; checkout: 11AM. $90-150. edit
- Dunsmuir Branch Library, 5714 Dunsmuir Ave., ☎ +1 530 235-2035 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . M-Tu: 1:00-6:00PM; W: 1:00-8:00PM; Th: 1:00-6:00PM; F: Closed; Sa: 10:00AM-2:00PM; Su: Closed. edit
- Siskiyou Medical Group, 4309 Stagecoach Rd., ☎ +1 530 235-2205. 24-hour medical clinic edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!