- For other places with the same name, see Dundalk (disambiguation).
Dundalk is the largest town in Ireland. Its a bustling town midway between Dublin and Belfast.
Dundalk is on the Dublin - Belfast railway line, with service provided throughout the day by the cross-border Enterprise and local Commuter trains.
Bus Éireann (from Dublin Busaras), Matthews Bus (from Parnell Street at O'Connell Street in Dublin) and Aircoach (from Dublin Airport) all serve Dundalk. Fares are around €9 single and €14 return.
Dundalk is a rather compact town and walking is probably the best way around
There are plently of good taxi services running in the town for example Sevens cabs
(042 93 77777)
- Dundalk has a very long and proud football history with Dundalk F.C..
- The town had a wide range of sports facilities which were hit by the recession, including the JJB Soccer Dome (Closed - go to Oriel Park instead), the Ice Dome ("Temporarily closed"), the Sportsbowl (also closed) and the newly refurbished Horse and Greyhound racing tracks (still open and an excellent night out)!
- Lisdoo, Armagh Road. The steakhouse is amazing for an evening meal. It also does good bar food and during lunch hour has a carvery with a good selection.
- Malthouse, Dublin Road
- The Roma, Clanbrassil Street. Fast food cafe which is a very popular institution in Dundalk.
- The Europa,Earl Street. Best experienced at 3am in the morning.
- Ridley's Nightclub, Park Street.
- The Office Nightclub, Earl Street.
- Brubakers, Park Street.
- Spirit Store, The Quay. I'm not even sure if this should be under "drink". More like "Entertainment", the Spirit Store is one of the best venues in Ireland for live music and entertainment such as comedy nights.
- Oscars, Park Street
- Bartender, Park Street
- The Phoenix, Park Street. Call in and say "hi" to Betty. Tough as old boots, she'll make space for you at a table and despite licensing laws you're in for a late one.
- Sextons Bar & Restaurant, Dublin Road, Blackrock, Dundalk, Co Louth (5 mins north off the Dundalk by Pass on the old Dublin Road near the seaside village of Blackrock), ☎ +353 42 93 21449. Open Daily. Traditional Irish Pub which also serves local food. edit