Dulan, Also spelled as Doulan is a town in Taitung County.
Take public buses 8101, 8102, 8103, 8109, 8119 or 8120 (NT58), or the East Coast Line tour bus (NT82) from outside Taitung Train Station - ask the driver to drop you in Dulan, it is about a 30 minute ride.
The taxis are located on the left side as you exit the train station,
the busses are located on the right side as you exit the Train station
- currently the train station is under construction, as you walk out of the gates the taxis/ rental cars and motorbikes are located on the first Right in front of the metal fencing,
for the busses walk straight along the metal fence, and then turn right, you see a road joining the parking lot you are on, thats where the busses arrive, you will see 3 big boards with bustables, these are the tourist busses, they stop their service earlier, then the normal busses, which is a tiny sign located on the other side of the street,
it is just a metal pole in a car tire filled up with cement, That's the busstop with times for the Public busses
Take any bus bound for Taitung and ask to be dropped in Dulan.
It takes about 3.5 Hours but it's a nice and comfortable ride
- Motorbike rental is possible in town (NT400/day, comes with surf rack), but the supply is limited - maybe better to rent from outside Taitung Train Station.
- The East Coast Line tour bus passes through town roughly hourly in each direction.
- hitchhiking is easy as there is only one road going North and South, and with many friendly locals it's never a long wait
- Dulan Sugar Factory, 61 Dulan Village (South side of the village on Hwy 11). This abandoned sugar factory houses a prominent artist community. It is a fantastic place to see the works and studio space of the local and sometimes not so local artists. Weekends often have music performances on the stage. edit
- Dulan Site, One block north of the 7-11 follow the road and the signs up about 2km.. Archaeological site, two really, containing stonework. edit
- Surf, There are plenty of spots to surf only a short drive away, if you have your own transport (a car roughly 1500NTD per day from the city) it's worth it to go on an adventure exloring other spots.</do>
- Surfing is also possible on Dulan main beach, a black sand beach a short walk from the middle of town. Beach break, perhaps best for beginners unless there is a typhoon swell. Boards can be rented in town from but the prices are expensive (NT600/day) and quality of the boards questionable. some hostels and homestays give you free surfboard use if you stay with them
- You can borrow a book from the Free English library  and go relax and read on the beach, or in one of the many cute cafes
- Recently Taitung has received thousands of brand new Obikes to promote green travel, just download the app and use an Obike to get around from from only 2TWD per hour
There are several stores in town selling t-shirts and souvenirs, and some craft shops around the Sugar Factory.
- Marino's Kitchen, No. 436-3 Dulan Village (Hwy 11) (On the North side of town across the bridge.), ☎ 089-531848, 0955561772, . Sat & Sun 11:30am-8:30pm, bread and sauces available all week. Excellent fresh baked bread and homemade sauces all week, Saturday and Sunday fresh pasta meals, including soup/salad, fresh bread and drink. Owned and operated by Dave and Rolly Marino. Lat=22° 52' 42.9" N, Long=121° 13' 61" edit
- There is an excellent Vietnamese restaurant in Dulan, at the end of town just before the bridge, opposite the Police Station. NT80-100, English and Chinese menus.
- Smile All-day Breakfast Shop, Dulan road 111-1 (Across the street from 7-11). 05:00- 20:00. This breakfast shop has Local breakfast available troughout the whole day with cheap lunch and dinner options too, Hamburgers, fries, hashbrowns, chinese pancakakes, fried noodles with different sauces, and a seemlessly endless drinks list menus are available in english too and the owner speaks some english too. 15. edit
- Dulan Sugar Factory Cafe, 61 Dulan Village. Provides sort of bohemian atmosphere in which to drink beer. edit
Up in the sugar factory is highway 11, an artsy bar, with great homemade beers and mead, in bottles and on tap
Also don't forget to ask about the frog racing,
As it's the not-to-miss event in Dulan but not very well advertised
- Dulan Cottage, No. 440 Dulan Village, ☎ 0928050114. checkin: anytime; checkout: noon. Offers two double rooms. Kitchen, DVD, book exchange. NT 300 per person. edit
- Wa Ga Li Gong, HIghway 11, No. 89, . Hostel run by two South African guys. Great food, beer, and accommodation (private rooms and shared.) edit
- Tangerine House Hostel (橘子舍背包客棧), Behind 7-11 (When you arrive at 7 Look down the street you will see and orange Building), ☎ 0963 685 212. This locally owned hostel offers budget accommodation, all rooms are equipped with Airconditoning, Free use of Surfboards for guests, Motorbike rental (bring your international license) The owner of this hostel is super friendly and even he doesn't speak any english will take wonderful care of you during your stay, common dinners and drinks at night are not uncommon! From 400pnpp private rooms from 1000per night. edit
Check airbnb for more cheap local homestays and find some true hidden pearls for yourself.
- The surf house, ☎ 0970133306. Brand new and clean homestay in the center of Dulan, completely decorated with home made furniture, free use of boards and snorkeling material, perfect place if you want to stay for a while longer (longterm deals available) and want some privacy, ac rooms, 2 living rooms and good vibes Prices from 1000TWD per night. edit
Take a bus to Hualien or Taitung.
Optional: swim to green island