Dulan is a town in Taitung County.
Take public buses 8101, 8102, 8103, 8109, 8119 or 8120 (NT58), or the East Coast Line tour bus (NT82) from outside Taitung Train Station - ask the driver to drop you in Dulan, it is about a 30 minute ride.
Take any bus bound for Taitung and ask to be dropped in Dulan.
- Motorbike rental is possible in town (NT400/day, comes with surf rack), but the supply is limited - maybe better to rent from outside Taitung Train Station.
- The East Coast Line tour bus passes through town roughly hourly in each direction.
- Bicycles can allegedly be rented from outside the Police Station.
- Dulan Sugar Factory, 61 Dulan Village (South side of the village on Hwy 11). This abandoned sugar factory houses a prominent artist community. It is a fantastic place to see the works and studio space of the local and sometimes not so local artists. Weekends often have music performances on the stage. edit
- Dulan Site, One block north of the 7-11 follow the road and the signs up about 2km.. Archaeological site, two really, containing stonework. edit
- Surf, Just north of the 142 km marker. (Take the concrete lane to the beach.). This little spot is a few kilometers north of Dulan and is popular with the locals. If you have your own board this is a good place to go. edit
- Surfing is also possible on Dulan main beach, a black sand beach a short walk from the middle of town. Beach break, perhaps best for beginners unless there is a typhoon swell. Boards can be rented in town, but the prices are expensive (NT500/day, somewhat negotiable) and quality of the boards questionable.
There are several stores in town selling t-shirts and souvenirs, and some craft shops around the Sugar Factory.
- Marino's Kitchen, No. 436-3 Dulan Village (Hwy 11) (On the North side of town across the bridge.), ☎ 089-531848, 0955561772, . Sat & Sun 11:30am-8:30pm, bread and sauces available all week. Excellent fresh baked bread and homemade sauces all week, Saturday and Sunday fresh pasta meals, including soup/salad, fresh bread and drink. Owned and operated by Dave and Rolly Marino. Lat=22° 52' 42.9" N, Long=121° 13' 61" edit
- There is an excellent Vietnamese restaurant in Dulan, at the end of town just before the bridge, opposite the Police Station. NT80-100, English and Chinese menus.
- Dulan Sugar Factory Cafe, 61 Dulan Village. Provides sort of bohemian atmosphere in which to drink beer. edit
- Dulan Cottage, No. 440 Dulan Village, ☎ 0928050114. checkin: anytime; checkout: noon. Offers two double rooms. Kitchen, DVD, book exchange. NT 300 per person. edit
- Dulan 102, . Directly opposite the 7/11. Basic no-frills backpacker accommodation, 3rd floor balcony with views of the Pacific Ocean. Friendly staff, dorms from NT250 (April 2014). edit
- Wa Ga Li Gong, HIghway 11, No. 89, . Hostel run by two South African guys. Great food, beer, and accommodation (private rooms and shared.) edit
Take a bus to Hualien or Taitung.