Drummore is in Dumfries and Galloway, South West (Scotland).
Drummore is a village at the southern end of the South Rhins of Galloway, in South West Scotland and is the southernmost village in Scotland. Although it has a population of fewer than 400, the village has three public houses, a café and several bed and breakfast establishments, as well as many self-catering holiday cottages, and Scotland's most southerly general store and post office. A mainly farming area, there are several beautiful beaches, some sandy, a picnic area and a harbour with a few fishing and leisure boats. The local people, despite being known by some as 'Drummorons', are in fact very friendly and helpful.
From the north: A77/A716 via Stranraer; 17 miles. From the west: A75/B7084/A716.
Service 407  from Stranraer, Monday to Saturday only. Journey time about 45 minutes.
With only two main streets, a shore road and a harbour, Drummore will take you all of 20 minutes to walk round. However, the lanes and paths around the village are well worth exploring on foot, by car or bicycle. The 'Mull of Galloway Trail' stretches for 24 miles from the Mull of Galloway to Stranraer to join the Loch Ryan coastal path, and beyond. A circular path is planned for the future which will enable walkers to access the more rugged western coast of the peninsula. For more information see http://www.mullofgallowaytrail.co.uk/contact-us/mull-of-galloway-trail/
- Kirkmaiden Natural History Group, Drummore, ☎ 01776 840573, . A Nature and Wildlife interest group, organising occasional meetings with guest speakers, and field trips. A recording facility for any wildlife you may spot. edit
- Drummore Stores and Post Office, 20 Mill Street, Drummore, ☎ 01776 840229. Scotland's southernmost store! A licensed general store,post office and newsagent, open seven days. edit
- Mariners Coffee Shop, 45 Mill Street, Drummore, DG9 9PS, ☎ 01776 840550, . Superb breakfasts and local produce cooked on the premises. Sandra and her family run a friendly eatery and cafe, catering especially for anglers. Free Wi-fi. edit
- Clashwhannon Public House, Drummore, Stranraer, DG9 9QE (At the entrance to the village.), ☎ 01776 840632, . 12.00 - 14.00 and 16.00 to 21.00. 'The Clash' is a traditional local village pub, serving a range of home-cooked food, ales, wines and spirits. Reviews have mentioned the pub's excellent, good value food and warm welcome from the proprietors. Meals £6.95 to £16.95. edit
- Queens Hotel, Mill Street, Drummore, DG9 9PS (In the main street of the village.), ☎ 01776 840 300, . from 12.00 Take away menu 6.00 to 8.30 pm 7 days a week.. A traditional village local pub, their website states 'a traditional hotel with old world charm where you will always find a warm welcome.' B&B from £30. edit
- The Ship Inn, 5 Shore Street, Drummore, DG9 9PU (On the shore road by the harbour.), ☎ 01776 840 515, . Wed - Sunday only, 5.00 to 11.30. 'The Ship Inn, Drummore' is a long-established local village pub, serving a range of home-cooked food, ales, wines and spirits. Their own publicity promises 'Friendly customer service; great food; a wonderful welcome from the team; Bill, Jennifer and Lindsay'. Main courses £7.95 to £15.95. edit
- Queens Hotel, Mill Street, ☎ 01776 840300, . The Queens Hotel is a traditional, family-run hotel with old world charm. The hotel offers bed and breakfast accommodation; food to eat in or take away. From £30 per person. edit
- Clashwhannon Caravan Park and Public House, Drummore, DG9 9QE, ☎ 01776 840632, . Holiday home ownership and rentals on offer. Also a public house serving food. Pool room, bar and dining room. Meals served 12.00 to 14.00 and 16.00 to 21.00 £6.95 to £16.95 Caravans from £55 per night (£330 per week) to £75 per night (£450 per week). edit
- Driftwood B&B, Harbour Road, Drummore, DG9 9QF, ☎ 01776 840655. Quality family-run, child-free bed and breakfast with views over the harbour. All en-suite; guest lounge; free Wi-fi. Non-smoking. £30 per person per night. edit
- The Homestead B&B, Damnaglaur, Drummore DG9 9QN (1 mile W of Drummore on the road to Mull of Galloway), ☎ 01776 840323, . Luxury en-suite Bed & Breakfast with splendid views. Damnaglaur is a small hamlet 15 minutes walk or a 4 minute drive up a fairly steep hill in the direction of the Mull of Galloway (follow signs). From £30 per person per night.. edit
- Maryport Caravan Park, Drummore, DG9 9RD (About 2 miles south of Drummore - signposted.), ☎ 01776 840359, . A holiday park with only static caravans for sale or for hire (no tourers, no tents). The park is in a beautiful scenic spot. Open March to January (closed Feb.) edit
Kirkmaiden information Centre,  Open May to September, is in Mill Street, Drummore, Tel: 01776 840207. They have local and regional information, maps, walk leaflets (small charge), internet access (charge) and copious genealogical archives.