Dover is a city in Delaware.
The main arteries for Dover are rt 1, US 13, and US 113. There is also rt 8 that can be used as a main access point to US 50 and the Bay Bridge.
Dover also has the Dover Air Force base that is a major outlet for most US Air Force planes that are leaving crossing the ocean.
Since Dover is not an extremely busy city, driving a car is practical for getting around most of the city. However if a car is not available then the Dart Bus transit system is a good idea since it has many stops around town. There are also taxis available, although they do not generally ride around town looking for fares so it would be best to call the dispatch to send one. These are some of the cab companies in the Dover area:
City Cab Taxi
(302)734-TAXI, City Cab Taxi has been proudly serving the state of Delaware and the Dover area for over 65 years.They offer taxi rides 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.
George's Transportation Service
(302)223-5000, George's Transportation Service is a van service that provides transport for up to six people plus luggage.
Dover is home to many attractions including
- Air Mobility Command Museum, Dover Air Force Base (The museum has its own entrance gate on Rt 9. Just use exit 91 on US 113/DE 1.), ☎ 302-677-5938, . The museum is located on the Dover Air Force base. It is one of the only museums that is dedicated to airlift and air refueling. And the best part is that is has free parking and admissions. edit
- The Delaware Agricultural Museum and Village, 866 North DuPont Highway Dover, Delaware 19901, ☎ 302-734-1618 (fax: 302-734-0457), . The Agricultural Museum is dedicated to helping kids remember where we came from. They offer tours for big or small groups. edit
- Beaches. There are no actual beaches in Dover but they are not very far away. Nearby beaches include Bethany, Rehoboth, and Bowers. edit
- Dover Downs Casino and Horse Racetrack, 1131 North DuPont Highway Dover, DE 19901, ☎ 1-800-711-5882, . --Dover Downs has now added live card tables to its available games. edit
- Dover International Speedway, 1131 N Dupont Hwy Dover, DE 19901-2008, ☎ 302-883-6500, . --Twice a year the "Monster Mile" hosts a NASCAR race, once in the spring and once in the late summer. edit
Tax-free shopping at the Dover Mall and Tanger Outlet Center, Rehoboth
- For Dreamers Gallery, 743 South Governor's Ave. Dover,DE 19943, ☎ (302)730-1234, . For Dreamers Gallery is a small boutique that offers different kinds of art that would look at home in many home collections. The shop offers styles in pottery, glass, and wood. edit
- Forney's Too!, 102 W. Lockerman St. Dover, DE 19904, ☎ (302)734-2425, . Forney's Too is a family owned store that specializes in unique items. They offer a wide selection of gifts for anyone for any occasion. edit
- Forney's Jewelers (Forney's), 106 W. Lockerman St. Dover, DE 19904, ☎ (877)734-3425, . Forney's is a small family owned jewelery store that is located in the heart of down town Dover. They not only sell, but also repair, resize and redesign jewelery. edit
- Kohl's, 299 North Dupont Highway Dover, DE 19901, ☎ (302) 735-7610. edit
- TGIFriday's, 222 S, Dupont Hwy, ☎ (302) 735-3500, . edit
- McGlynns Pub and Restaurant, 800 North State St. Dover, DE 19904, ☎ (302)674-0144, . Has same owners as Deer Park Tavern in Newark, DE. McGlynns pub has both a nice sit down area that is family friendly and a bar area that has a very high spirited atmosphere. edit
- Dover Downs- The Festival Buffet, . A nice sit down dinner with a little bit of everything that will please every pallet. Has a good view of the horse racing track. edit
- Olive Garden, 263 N Dupont Hwy Dover, DE 19901, ☎ (302) 734-5837. edit
- Rita's Water Ice (Rita's), 191 North Dupont Highway, Dover, ☎ (302) 674-9473. Rita's is an excellent and convenient place to stop for dessert or just as a nice treat on your way by. edit
- Frankfurt Bakery, 429 South New Street, Dover, DE 19904-6715, ☎ (302) 741-0180 , . 6:30am-3:00pm. A small town bakery that has a wide variety of pastries and breads available everyday. It's owner/baker has almost 20 years of experience in baking bread and pastries. All of the breads are made from scratch and baked fresh daily with no preservatives. Cakes of all sizes ranging from 1/4 sheet to full sheets and 8-inch round cakes are available via special order. $1.65-$100+. edit
- McGlynns Pub and Restaurant, 800 North State St. Dover, DE 19904, ☎ (302)674-0144. Has same owners as Deer Park Tavern in Newark, DE. McGlynns Pub is a lively and active bar that boasts a great selection of beers, liquors, and wines. TVs are visible from most seats and have sports games most of the time. edit
- Loockerman Exchange, 1 West Loockerman Street Dover, DE 19904, ☎ (302) 724-6255. edit
- The Golden Fleece Tavern, 132 West Loockerman Street, Dover, ☎ (302) 674-1776. edit
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 680 South Bay Road, Dover, DE 19904, ☎ (302) 346-9464. edit
- Irish Mikes, 107 West Loockerman Street Dover, DE 19904-7325, ☎ (302) 734-4578. edit
- Best Western Galaxy Inn, 1700 E Lebanon Road, +1 302 735-4700, Fax: +1 302 735-1604, .
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, 655 North Dupont Highway, +1 302 677-0900, Fax: +1 302 677-0907, .
- Hampton Inn, 568 N Dupont Hwy, (302) 736-3500.
- Hilton Garden Inn - Dover (Dover, DE Hotel), 1706 N. DuPont Highway Dover, Delaware 19901, ☎ 302-674-3784, . edit
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1780 N. Dupont Hwy, +1 302 678-0600, .
- MainStay Suites (firstname.lastname@example.org), 201 Stover Blvd , Dover, DE, US, 19901 (US-113 S & Stover Blvd.), ☎ Phone: (302) 678-8383 Fax: (302) 678-8382, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12pm. . edit
- Ramada Inn,348 N Dupont Hwy, (302) 734-5701.
- Red Roof Inn, 52 N Dupont Hwy, (302) 730-8009.
- Microtel Inn of Dover, 1703 Lebanon Road (SR1 Exit 95, Del Rt 10), ☎ 302-674-3800, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. edit