Diamantina is a colonial city in Minas Gerais, Brazil. Its 17th century streets and buildings are witnesses to the country's diamond and gold digging ages, and its historic center has been listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
The bus Station (rodoviária) is located at Largo Dom João, 134. (38) 3531-9176. There are daily frequent buses to Belo Horizonte and twice a day to Serro by Pássaro Verde, travel time of 5 hours, R$ 80.
There is also one daily service to São Paulo by Gontijo, travel time of 13 hours, R$ 170.
- Capela Imperial do Amparo, Rua do Amparo. Tues-Sat 9AM-12PM and 2PM-6PM, Sun 8AM-12PM. Construction on this chapel began in 1773 and stretched over the next 4 decades. R$1. edit
- Casa de Juscelino, Rua São Francisco 241, ☎ 38-3531-3607. This former residence of ex-president Juscelino Kubitschek houses a museum dedicated to his life. edit
- Casarão do Fórum. One of the most important pieces of colonial architecture, this structure was originally a residence, and later used as a meeting hall for the city council. edit
- Diamond Museum (Museu do Diamante), Rua Direita 14, ☎ 38-3531-1382. Holds a collection of artifacts from the area's colonial diamond-mining days. edit
- Igreja do Bonfim, Rua do Bonfim. Completed sometime before 1771. R$1. edit
- Igreja das Mercês, Rua das Mercês. Mon-Fri 1PM-5PM, Sat/Sun 8AM-11AM and 12PM-5PM. Completed in 1784, this church still holds mass on the fourth Saturday of the month at 5PM. R$1. edit
- Igreja da Nossa Senhora do Carmo, Rua do Carmo. Tues-Sat 8AM-12PM and 2PM-6PM, Sun 8AM-12PM. R$2. edit
- Igreja São Francisco, Rua São Francisco. Built by the Franciscans in the early 1770's. The interior is currently being restored. edit
- Watch the Vesperatas - open shows of traditional music bands, a large event that takes place on the colonial Quitanda street twice a month (from April to October).
- Al-Árabe, Praça Dr. Prado, 124. Tel. 38 3531-2281.
- O Garimpeiro, Av. da Saudade, 265. Tel. 38 3532-1040.
- Trattoria La Dolce Vita, Rua Vieira Coutro, 232. Tel. 38 3531-8485.
- Espaço B Café, Beco da Tecla, 31. Tel. 38 3531-6005.
- Pousada do Garimpo, Av. da Saudade, 265. Tel. 38 3532-1040. 
- Pouso da Chica, Rua Macau de Cima, 115. Tel. 38 3531-7349. 
- Tijuco, Rua Macau do Meio, 211. Tel. 38 3531-1022. 
- Pouso da Chica, Rua Macau de Cima, 115, ☎ 553835316190, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 12:00. edit
- Biribiri - A well preserved if tiny 19th-century industrial village, 15km from the city.