Destin is an upscale resort town in the Florida Panhandle.
Primary access to Destin is by private vehicle. It is on US 98 between Pensacola and Panama City. From IH-10 west, take IH-110 south through Gulf Breeze, merge with US 98, and follow US 98 along the coast through Fort Walton Beach. From IH-10 east, take FL 285 south through Eglin Air Force Base, make a left on FL 20 to go east, then a right to go south on on Mid Bay Bridge.
The closest public airport is Northwest Florida Regional Airport (IATA: VPS) . Car rental agencies are available at the airport, or offer a courtesy pickup service from the airport.
- Alamo, 850-651-1839, .
- Avis, 850-651-0822, .
- Enterprise, 850-729-5700, .
There are 2 other nearby airports, Pensacola International Airport (PNS) , about 1 hr 20 mins from Destin, and Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP) , about 1 hr from Destin.
--BJ Global 10:04, 8 February 2012 (EST)
Destin offers two public transits with limited availability but affordable prices. The transits are offered during the tourist season primarily and can be found at access points in the Crystal Beach shopping center and the Destin Commons.
- Coastal Shuttle Service, ☎ 850-687-8220. 24. Airport shuttle service. edit
- Sexton Taxi, ☎ 850-837-0777 850-585-0908. Airport shuttle service to all local airports. Taxi service throughout the area. edit
The beach, with its distinctive emerald green water, earning it the nickname of the Emerald Coast. Destin's enormous stretch of beach is spectacular, with some of the finest, whitest sand in the world. The sand is so soft it literally squeaks under foot. You will be spoiled forever after experiencing this.
Destin is famous for its sugar white sand beaches and emerald green water. Destin is one of the few locations in the world where you can take SandCastle Lessons  while on vacation.
The area is renowned for its golfing opportunities. The climate is nearly ideal year-round.
- Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort Award Winning Florida Golf Resort. Championship Golf Courses, 9300 Emerald Coast Parkway, 800-622-2211, .
- Ft. Walton Beach Golf Club Public championship course. Pro shop, lighted driving range, club rentals and snack bar, 1909 Lewis Turner Blvd., Ft. Walton Beach, 850-833-9529
- Golf Garden of Destin Public lighted course and practice area. 112958 Highway 98 East, 850-837-7422.
- Regatta Bay Golf & Country Club, 465 Regatta Bay Blvd Destin, 850-650-7800. Public, championship course designed by Robert C. Walker.
- Seascape Resort & Conference Center, 100 Seascape Dr., 850-654-7888. Public course with greens and driving range.
- Emerald Bay Golf Club, 4781 Clubhouse Drive, (850) 837-5197, .
Deep Sea Fishing
- Adventure Charters, 850-654-4070. Offers many charter options.
- Pelican Adventures, 210-F Hwy 98 East, 850-650-3825, .
- Wet-N-Wild Watersports, 850-243-2628. Jet Ski Rentals, Boat Rentals and Dolphin Tours in Destin, Florida.
- [http://www.destinvacationboatrentals.com Destin Vacation Boat Rentals, 850-650-2628, Destin Harbor -
- A Paradise Watersports, on Okaloosa island, 850-837-0123, 850-302-0021. Rents all kinds of boats and water gear.
- Boogies Water Sports at the foot of the bridge, 850-654-4497. Offers watercraft rentals and parasailing.
- Destin Florida Charters, 850-393-7009, . Charters power and sail yachts.
- S.E.A. Chase Watersports, 850-607-0071. Water sports rental provider of pontoon boat rentals, kayaks and stand up paddle boards
- Dolphin Cruise at Harborwalk Marina, 850-837-7741. Offers various cruises including a dolphin cruise.
- Moody's, 194 Hwy. 98, 850-837-1293. Sails the Emerald Magic and America II, available for charter.
- Pleasure Island Waterpark, Highway 98 in Fort Walton Beach, 850-243-9738. Has go-karts, personal watercraft, pontoon boats, jet boats, parasailing, and refreshments.
- The Track, Highway 98 on the east side of town, 850-654-4668, . Has indoor go-karts, a kids recreation area, miniature golf, and bungee jumping.
There are any number of places to eat both on and off the beach.
- The Back Porch, 850-837-2023
- Boathouse Oyster Bar, 850-837-3645.
- Camellia Grill w Harbor Blvd Suite 200. Old style diner with New Orleans touches. A favorite in the Carrollton section of New Orleans for generations; now has a branch in Destin in the HarborWalk Village Mall. Tel (850) 650-2907.
- Captain Dave's on the Gulf, 850-837-6357.
- Destin Chops, 320 Hwy. 98 E., Destin, on the second floor of the Destin Yacht Club, 850-654-4944. Premium steakhouse.
- Fisherman's Wharf, 210-D Hwy 98 East, 850-654-4766.
- Hog's Breath Saloon, 541 E. Hwy 98, 850-837-5100.
- Fudpucker's Beachside Bar & Grill, 20001 Emerald Coast Pkwy, 850-54-4200, .
- Harbor Docks, 538 Highway 98, 850-837-2506.
- Marina Café, 404 Hwy 98 East, 850-650-4208.
- McGuires Irish Pub and Brewery, 33 E Highway 98, 850-650-0000. Steaks and ale.
- Nightown, 850-837-6448.
- Ocean Club Restaurant, 850-267-3666, 8955 Hwy. 98 West,#107, Miramar Beach, Florida 32550, . The grouper comes recommended!
- Yesterday's, 850-654-5251.
- Commander's Palace famous elegant Uptown New Orleans restaurant now has a branch in the HarborWalk Mall overlooking the Bay.
- Vin'tij Wine Boutique ., Looking for an artsy, soulful place to dine and enjoy good wine? Look to Vin’tij Wine Boutique in Destin, Florida. Located across the street from the Silver Sands Factory Stores, Vin’tij offers a delectably coastal, always fresh menu. The wine list is extensive. The decor is an eclectic mix of local art and mosaics. The atmosphere is just wonderful.
- Motel 6, 405 Highway 98 E, 850-837-0007.
- Sleep Inn, 10775 Highway 98 E, 850-654-7022.
- Beach Condos In Destin www.beachcondosindestin.com, 888-251-5214
- Country Inn & Suites, 4415 Commons Dr E, 850-650-9191.
- Holiday Inn, 1020 Highway 98 East, 850-837-6181.
- Ramada Limited Destin, 39 Old Hwy. 98 East, +1 850-837-2378, .
- Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa, 4000 Sandestin Blvd., . A getaway for a Florida golf trip or a relaxing vacation. Top-notch accommodations, access to top-rated golf courses, upscale dining at Seagars, and relax at the Serenity by the Sea Spa.
- Ocean Reef Resorts, 10221 Emerald Coast Pkwy., . Offering distinctive properties along the Gulf Coast ranging from 1 bedroom condos to 10 bedroom homes.
- Abec Resorts , 15000 Emerald Coast Parkway, 877-447-3767, Pictures, rates, information, and online booking for three spectacular Destin resorts.
- Club Destin, 1085 Highway 98 E, 850-654-4700, .
- Inn on Destin Harbor, 402 Highway 98 E, 850-837-7326, .
- Pelican Beach Resorts, 1002 Highway 98 E, 850-654-1425, .
- Silver Shells Beach Resort and Spa , 15000 Emerald Coast Parkway, 877-447-3767. Luxury beachfront condominium resort with Ruth Chris Steak House on site.
- WaterSound Beach Rentals, 37 Compass Point Way S., Santa Rosa Beach, 1-888-541-0801, .
- The Palms of Destin , 4201 Two Trees Rd, 1-877-447-3767. Beautiful Gulfside resort with pool, tennis courts, spa, and fitness center.
- Silver Beach Towers Resort , 850-269-1005. 1048 Highway 98, Luxury, Gulf Front condo rentals on 600 Ft of private sugar white sand beaches.
- Seascape Golf, Beach & Tennis Resort , 100 Seascape Drive, 1-800-874-9106. Relaxaluxury - Experience an all-inclusive vacation in a resort that has the luxuries of today without abandoning the charms of Destin's past. One, Two and Three bedroom rentals at Ariel Dunes, Ariel Dunes II, Majestic Sun and the Villas.
- Five Star Beach Properties , 850-502-0470. Five Star Beach Properties provides luxury Destin vacation rentals and 30A vacation rentals.
- Compass Resorts, 850-269-1005. Compass Resorts provides Destin Vacation Rental homes and condos in Destin and the surrounding areas of Okaloosa Island and South Walton.
- Ft. Pickens , part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore, is a nature preserve and a civil war-era fort and museum. Activities include fishing, camping, historical research, and tours. A 7-day pass is $8, and covers a private vehicle and all passengers. It's located on the far west end of Santa Rosa Island, about 45 minutes west on Highway 98, then take the CR-399 bridge south at Gulf Breeze, then follow CR-399 right.
- Fort Walton Beach is just to the West on Highway 98 on the other side of Okaloosa Island.
- Navarre Beach is a relatively unoccupied resort area on Santa Rosa Island. Head west on Highway 98 about 30 minutes, then take a left on Navarre Bridge. An excellent beach with shower facilities is available at the bridge intersection.
- Panama City Beach is an area more targeted to the younger crowd. It is a popular spring break destination. Head east on Highway 98 about an hour.
- [ Biloxi, and the MS Gulf Coast], is about 2 hours west. This area appeals to the entertainment crowd with several world class casino hotel resorts the bring Vegas style gaming and shows year round. In addition, it has a 25 mile white sand beach and several top notch golf courses visited by the PGA.