Dawson is a very small town of 75 people in Kidder County, in the central area of North Dakota. Coordinates are latitude 46.87 N & longitude 99.75 W.
- Camp Grassick, operated by the Elks of North Dakota, provides camp services for developmentally challenged children and adults.
- By car: about 50 miles east of Bismarck. Exit 208 south off I-94 on state route 3.
- Veterans Memorial Wall Dawson. Tel: (701) 475-2256. No admission charge. Veterans memorial wall honoring 1,010 veterans from the Crimean War to the Gulf War. M60A3 tank on grounds.
- Slade National Wildlife Refuge, two miles south of Dawson, is a great destination for birders looking for waterfowl and nesting grassland birds.
- Fishing, Lake Isabel, about 3 miles south of Dawson. Fishing pier. Pike and perch.
- Dawson Cafe, 123 Thompson St SE, Dawson, ND 58428. Tel: (701) 327-4495
- Don's Bar, 117 Highway 3 S, Dawson, ND 58428. Tel: (701) 327-9218
Nearest public accommodations are in Steele.
WikiPedia:Dawson, North Dakota