Crieff is a small town on the verge of the Scottish Highlands. There is only one reason that you might want to plan a stop over here: The Famous Grouse Experience.
It is probably best to get here by car. Most people will pass it on their from the Loch Lomond to Perth, Stirling or Edinburgh or vice versa. There are some buses from Perth.
On foot. The distillery is just outside town.
- The Famous Grouse Experience, ☎ 01764 656565. This distillery produces the blended scotch whisky of the same name, as well as the Glenturret single malt. £5 pp for a pretty basic tour of the distillery (). edit
- Crieff Visitor Centre, Muthill Road, Crieff, Perthshire, PH7 4HQ, ☎ 01764 654014, . Crieff Visitor Centre has something to keep everyone happy. Restaurant, gift shop, garden centre, museum on the life of the cattle drovers and a Caithness Glass area where you can tour round the glass factory and buy from their lovely shop. There is also a children's play area and a huge climbing frame to keep the littles ones amused. Well worth a visit. edit
- The distillery's shop. Somewhat of a tourist trap. edit
- The Shampan. A Bangladeshi restaurant, friendly service, excellent food, good value. Well worth a visit. edit
- The Gallery Restaurant. Traditional restaurant on Hill Street, just off the High Street. Tea-time special from 5PM–6.30PM. edit
- Crieff Hotel. Hotel on the High Street, serving from a varied menu in the lounge bar or restaurant. Real ale usually available. edit
- The Drover's Restaurant, Muthill Road, Crieff, Perthshire, PH7 4HQ, ☎ 01764 654014, . In Crieff Visitor Centre serves delicious homebaking, sandwiches, paninis and full lunches, daily from 9am -5pm edit
- Level House Hotel, Comrie Road, ☎ 01764 652529. A very basic hotel with the average age of its guests over 40, but the people are friendly, and the place is quiet. £55 for a double room. edit
- Crieff Hydro Hotel, Crieff Hydro, Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland, ☎ 01764 65 55 55, . * Commissioner Street Self Catering, 64 Commissioner Street, Crieff, Perthshire, Scotland, ☎ +44 1506 671549, . A spacious selfcatering flat in the centre of Crieff for six. edit edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!