Cortez  is a small city in the Rocky Mountains state of Colorado. It is in the general vicinity of Mesa Verde National Park, Hovenweep National Monument and Canyons of the Ancients National Monument.
The Cortez Municipal Airport, located south of town off of US 160/US 491, is served by Great Lakes Airlines, +1 800 554-5111, , which has several daily flights to Denver. The airport also has two rental car places:
- Budget Rental Cars operates out of Cortez airport. +1 970 564-9012 -- Rick Marsh lists his cell phone number on his cards and if he is available seems to be willing to get you a car after hours. Cell (970) 560-4680.
- Hertz Rental at Cortez airport. +1 970 565-2001 -- Daily 9AM-10:30PM.
- Mesa Verde Tours, P.O.Box 909 Durango, Co. 81302, ☎ 970.247.8533, . 8am-9pm. The Four Corners Tour Specialist. Fully inclusive Historical Interpretive tours offered across the Four Corners region. Group and Private accommodations available. $65 & up.. edit
- Francisca's Fine Mexican Food, 125 E. Main Street, +1 970 565-4093. "Fine" may overstate it, but the basic Mexican offerings (most with a New Mexican twist) are acceptable and reasonably priced. Open until 8 PM M-Th, 8:30 F-Sun.
- Main Street Brewery. On the main strip, this pub has their own microbrews which are very good but go there for the awesome murals and their cheeseburgers. They raise their own beef and the result is just amazing. edit
- Koko's Friendly Pub E. Main, Cortez
- Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suites, 535 E. Main St., +1 970 565-3778. Basic but acceptable lodging on the main drag through town.
- Comfort Inn, 2321 E. Main, (970) 565-3400 
- Days Inn
- Econo Lodge, 2020 E. Main St., (970) 565-3474 
- Holiday Inn Express - Cortez 2121 E. Main, Cortez, CO 81321 (800)-626-5652 
- Rodeway Inn, 1120 East Main, (970) 565-3761 
- Anasazi Heritage Center and McPhee Reservoir
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Hovenweep National Monument
- Canyons of the Ancients National Monument
- San Juan Scenic Skyway
- Durango has it's attractions, including the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
- Ute Mountain Ute Tribal Park, which also operates the Ute Mountain Casino
- Four Corners National Monument, located southwest of town on US-160, this is where New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah meet at the same point. People like to get on their hands and knees so that they can touch all four states at once. Entry fee is $3. The monument closes at 5PM.