Clovis  is a city in the southeastern region of New Mexico, located in Curry County.
There is commuter air service from Albuquerque and Amarillo. Commuter service to the small towns of New Mexico seems to come and go; check with Mesa Airlines to make sure the flights are still going. Road access is mainly via US 60 and US 70. You can also access Clovis from US 40 to NM 209 South at Tucumcari.
Clovis has a limited public transportation system known as C.A.T.S which stands for Clovis Area Transport System. Anywhere within city limits is 50¢. 575-769-7910. (No service Sunday)
Taxi services does not exist.
- Clovis Depot Model Train Museum (A museum showing the history of trains in Eastern New Mexico a must see for train lovers. Located in downtown Clovis), 221 w. 1st St. edit
- Hillcrest Park and Zoo (The second largest zoo in the state exhibits hundreds of animals such as reptiles, lemurs, spider monkeys, crocodiles, bears and many more animals. The 22.5 acre zoo continues to grow.), 10th street and Sycamore, ☎ 575-769-7873. edit
- Ned Houk Park (A large park located about 9 miles north of downtown Clovis on the edges of town. This park features several ponds, a museum which features antique farm equipment and farm dwellings from before 1926, and several other attractions), (Take Prince street north which is State Road 209. The park is located about a mile north of the ENMR Plateu headquarters on highway 209.). edit
- Black Water Draw Museum and Archeology Site, US HWY 70 (12 miles south of Clovis), ☎ 575.562.2202. The "Clovis Type Site" is accepted as the oldest culture in North America. Fluted points, stone and bone weapons and tools are displayed at the Blackwater Draw museum, 12 miles south of Clovis on Hwy 70. At the archaeological site, Mammoth bones can be viewed in the ground where excavation revealed them. edit
- Norman Petty Recording Studios (Tour the studio in which history was made. Buddy Holly amongs others recorded in this studio hits that made them famous), 1313 w 7th Street (Just 1 mile south of downtown on 7th), ☎ 575-356-6422. edit
- Decent off-road mountain biking exists at the back of Ned Houk Park. Upon entrance to the park, take a right and follow it to the ampetheatre. The trails start beyond the dirt parking lot.
- Taco Box, A local favorite, 136 W. 21 St (Hilltop Plaza), 575-769-1898
- Kelly's Bar-Grill & Package Store, 2208 North Prince, 575-762-0044
- Webbs Watering Hole, 1305 Mabry Drive, 575-762-4562
If you go to Webbs you will be the only one there
If you go to Kellys before 9 enjoy some country music. If you go after 9 enjoy the contemporary DJ.
- Clovis Inn and Suites, 2912 Mabry Drive, 575-762-5600
- The La Vista Inn, 1516 Mabry Drive, 575-762-3808
- Lubbock & Amarillo TX are approximately 100 miles away
- Albuquerque, NM is 220 miles
- The town of Portales is nearby, with Eastern New Mexico University and an interesting archaeological site.