Clinton is a town in Hunterdon County, New Jersey. It is one of the larger municipalities in the county and contains the villages of Annandale, Cokesbury, Allerton and Stanton. Clinton Township contains many historic buildings. The township contains a few getaways which many of the locals enjoy. During the summer, the two reservoirs partially inside the township receive many visitors that come to relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Route 31 NB – The town line for Lebanon starts at Foothill Rd. Continue approx. 4 miles and take the turn off onto Main St. for historic downtown Clinton.
- Route 31 SB – The town line for Clinton Starts at Van Sickles Rd. (Spruce Run Reservoir Access). Continue approx 3 miles and turn right onto Halstead St., this will take you into downtown Clinton.
- I-78 WB - coming from Newark, take exit: 20A for Lebanon, exit 18 for Annandale, exits 17 & 15 for Clinton.
- I-78 EB - coming from Pennsylvania, take exits 15 & 16 for Clinton, exits 17 & 18 for Annandale, exit 18 for Lebanon
- Raritan Valley Line – The train station is located in Annandale. West bound lines come from High Bridge, the next and last stop on the line. The East bound line departs from Newark Penn Station which is a 50 commute.
- Alexandria Airport – located in neighboring town of Alexandria. Small local airport open to small and light aircraft.
- Sky Manor Airport – located in neighboring town of Pittstown. Small local airport open to small and light aircraft.
The Red Mill in Winter from across the river.
- The Red Mill - The Red Mill Museum Village - 56 Main Street, Phone: (908) 735-4101. The Red Mill an old historic site/museum and was built sometime around 1810. It is located on the bank of South Branch-Raritan River. The mill was a major factor to the early development and expansion of the township. Today the Mill houses a large portion of the Museum’s collection. Each floor tells a small part of the history of this building and its ever changing role within the Clinton Community. The mill also hosts many events throughout the year such as music festivals and the Red Mill Haunted Village…see below in the “Do” section.
- Main St and Leigh St. – these two streets make up the majority of historic downtown Clinton. They include many shops, restaurants, bakeries, bookstores, etc. Many historic buildings are also located on Center St.
- Echo Hill Park – located off Lilac Dr., this park is great for those who love nature. It has an environmental education center and many trails that link various pods and streams. Great for witnessing many different types of wildlife.
- Bundt Park – located off Red School House Rd., this park is primarily comprised of sports fields. A playground and basketball courts are near the entrance with the baseball and lacrosse/soccer fields in the rear. There roughly ¾ mile path surrounding the park for those who want to stretch their legs.
- Round Valley Rec. Area and Beach – located at 1220 Stanton Lebanon Rd (CR-629), this is another popular recreation area. Includes campsites, a beach in a portioned off section of the reservoir, and a few trails.
- Spruce Run State Rec. Area and Beach – located at 68 Van Sickles Rd. and just over the border into Union Township, Spruce Run State Recreation Area is a great place for the whole family. It includes a white sand beach on the Spruce Run Reservoir and many campsites. Boat rentals are also available to head out and fish on the reservoir with.
- Deer Path Park – although not located in Clinton Township, Reading Township, this park has much to offer. Many events/festivals are held here throughout the year. The park includes miles of walking and biking trails.
- Landsdown Trail – the trail is approx. 1.5 miles long. It is a great scenic trail through the woods connecting lower Landsdown Rd. to West Main St. in downtown Clinton. Great place to walk/run/bike down. Even the fishing is good in the streams and ponds that run alongside portions of the trail.
- The Red Mill Haunted Village – A Haunted House and Hayride located at The Red Mill (see above) that lasts 2 weekend nights/week for three consecutive weeks during October. Large haunted attraction that has new things and gets more impressive year after year. Huge hit with the entirely family. Beware of very long line to get in, however it is highly recommended.
- Music Festivals – the Red Mill hosts a few music festivals during the year including a black-potato and jazz fest. Deer Path Park hosts a few concerts including a country music festival or two during the summer months and middle school music competitions near the end of the school year.
- Immaculate Conception Church Fair/Carnival– located behind Immaculate Conception Church, this small fair/carnival is held during the middle of June every year. It includes many rides, games, fair food, and performances by great local bands. A fireworks show usually coincides with the first day of the Festival
- North Hunterdon High School Football – have fun under the Friday Night Lights watching the Lions football team play rivals from around the area. The most exciting and anticaipated game of the year is with the rival and sister school The Voorhees Vikings in the battle for The Milkcan!
Many shops are located throughout the township. The most concentrated of which are located off Main St., Leigh St., and West Center St. in downtown Clinton. There is also the Wal-Mart Plaza off of Pittstown Rd.
Clinton Township contains many incredible restaurants and eateries. Here are some of the few local favorites:
- Pizza Como – 5 Old Highway 22. Family run business with fantastic food. Enough said.
- Natales Pizzeria – 56 Payne Rd. Always greeted walking through the door and some of the best pizza in town. The rest of the menu also never disappoints.
- The Clinton House – 2 West Main St. Old fashioned restaurant with great steaks. Voted one of the best places for Continental Food.
- Ye Olde Sub Base – 29 Main Street. If you are craving a sub, this is place to go. Highly recommend The Bowser!
- Clinton Bagel – 38 Old Highway 22. The best bagels and breakfast sandwiches in town.
- Ol’ West BBQ – 1316 Route 31N. Some of the best BBQ you can find north of Tennessee.
- Clinton Station Diner - 2 Bank St. 24/7, 365 days a year service. Large diner with attached train car as a one of the dining rooms. Large selection and even larger burgers. Home to the 50lb. burger the "Mt. Olympus"!
- Miller’s Tavern – 2 Beaver Ave. Located just of Exit 18 on I-78 WB, this is one of the local watering holes. Great service and even better bar pies. Reasonable prices and never ending tunes from the classic and ever rockin’ juke box.
- Finnagel’s Restaurant – 1531 Route 31 SB. Great Irish bar. When wanting some food to munch on while having a few brews just ask for Finnagel’s Chicken Wings, best around!
- Hampton Inn Clinton - 16 Frontage Drive, Clinton, NJ 08809 (908) 713-4800
- Courtyard Lebanon, 300 Corporate Drive, ☎ 1-908-236-8500, . Located along I-78 and Route 22, near the Crayola Factory, Alba Vineyards and Flemington, New Jersey. $99. edit
- Clinton Township Main Website 
Wikipedia:Clinton, New Jersey