The East Side is a district in Cleveland consisting of the areas outside of Downtown that are east of the Cuyahoga River. The district incorporates the neighborhoods of University Circle, Little Italy, and Shaker Square.
Map of University Circle Cultural Complex
For information on getting to Cleveland, see Cleveland#Get_in
Museums & Galleries
Museum of Natural History
University Circle is located about four miles east of downtown and can be reached via Euclid Avenue. The "circle" itself is a large open area that is often filled with frisbee-tossing college students, but its main attractions are the numerous museums, research institutes and schools which surround it. This rich cultural menagerie is surpassed by few places in North America (e.g., perhaps the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C.).
- Cleveland Museum of Art, 11150 East Boulevard, . Internationally renowned for its substantial holdings of Asian and Egyptian art, the museum houses a diverse permanent collection of more than 43,000 works of art from around the world. free. edit
- Western Reserve Historical Society, 10825 East Blvd, ☎ ''+1 (216) 721-5722, . Includes two turn of the (20th) century mansions as well as displays about Cleveland history from the days of Moses Cleaveland to the present. The buildings also house the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum and an extensive Cleveland historical research library. edit
- Children's Museum of Cleveland, 10730 Euclid Avenue (University Circle), ☎ +1-(216)-791-7114 (fax: +1-(216)-791-8838), . Hours: Tuesday - Saturday: 10 - 17:00, Sunday: Noon - 17, Closed Mondays.. Admission: Everyone: $6.00, Children under 11 months: Free. edit
- Cleveland Museum of Natural History, 1 Wade Oval Drive (University Circle), ☎ +1-(216)-231-4600, . Hours: Monday - Saturday: 10 - 17, Wednesday 10 - 22:00, Sunday: Noon - 17. Closed: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. edit
- Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum, ☎ +1-(216)-721-5722, . Hours: Monday - Saturday: 10 - 17, Sunday: Noon - 17. Home to an excellent collection of pre-war automobiles, as well as the very first DeLorean DMC-12 to roll off the assembly line. Admission: Adults: $8.50, Seniors: $7.50, Students: $5.00, Children (under 2 years): Free. edit
- Dittrick Medical History Center and Museum, 11000 Euclid Avenue, Allen Memorial Medical Library, ☎ +1-(216)-368-6391 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1-(216)-368-0165), . Hours: Monday - Friday: 10:00 - 16:00. Closed Saturdays and Sundays; January 1, Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday Observance, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after.. Admission: Free. edit
- Temple Museum of Religious Art, 1855 Ansel Road, The Temple-Tifereth Israel (University Circle at Silver Park), ☎ +1-(216)-831-3233, . Museum tours are available by appointment Monday - Friday from 09 - 16:00. edit
- Bockrath Gallery. In the Murray Hill School House, home to three floors of galleries, artist studios and artsy shops.
- Dick Kleinman Fine Art, 12210 Mayfield Rd. An eclectic mix of galleries from cutting edge works.
- Fiori, 2027 Murray Hill Rd. Featuring hand-crafted work. You can take RTA's Red Line Rapid Transit to the Euclid-East 120 station and walk five minutes to the heart of Little Italy.
James A. Garfield Memorial, Lake View Cemetery
- Cleveland Cultural Gardensin Rockefeller Park is a picturesque winding road, featuring gardens representative of Cleveland's diverse and rich ethno-cultural mosaic and connecting University Circle to I-90 via MLK Blvd.
- Cleveland Botanical Garden, 11030 East Boulevard (University Circle), ☎ +1-216-721-1600 (email@example.com, fax: +1-216-721-2056), . Winter Hours: November 1-April 1: Tuesday-Saturday: 10-17:00, Sunday: Noon - 17. Closed Mondays. (Hershey Children's Garden closes November 1st for the winter. All other gardens remain open throughout the winter.); Summer Hours: April 1-November 1: Monday-Saturday: 10-17:00, Sunday: Noon-17. Open until 9:00 p.m. every Wednesday evening from Memorial Day to Labor Day. This Cleveland treasure includes a huge glasshouse, home to a Madagascar Desert and a Costa Rican rain forest. Outside exhibits include a rose garden, an herb garden, and a children's garden, one of just a few such gardens in the United States. Admission: Adult: $7.50, Children (3-12): $3, Children (under 3): Free. Prices may change for special events.. edit
- Lake View Cemetery, a beautiful setting where many famous people are buried, including President James A. Garfield, John D. Rockefeller - founder of Standard Oil, Jeptha Wade - founder of Western Union Telegraph, Eliot Ness - head of The Untouchables, John Hay - U.S. Secretary of State under President Lincoln, Newton Baker - U.S. Secretary of War during WWI, Marcus L. Hanna - U.S. Senator and Republican Party Boss.
Music and performing arts
- Cleveland Orchestra, 11001 Euclid Ave (Severance Hall), +1 216 231-7300,  and Blossom Amphitheatre in the summer months.
- Cleveland Institute of Music, ].
- Cleveland Music School Settlement, 
- Coventry Road is a funky commercial strip serving University Circle's student population. Home to Mac's Paperbacks, an independent bookstore, Tommy's, well-known for its vegetarian food and milkshakes; The Grog Shop, a bar and music venue known for its diversity of show styles; and various other locally owned restaurants, bars, and boutiques.
- Beachwood Mall and Legacy Village are the premier shopping locations in the east suburbs.
- Presti's Donuts, 12409 Mayfield Road (Little Italy), ☎ +1-216-791-3272. A Little Italy institution, Presti's donuts has existed for years and provides homemade baked goods including donuts that are often cited as some of the best in America. edit
- Mama Santa's Restaurant and Pizzeria, 12305 Mayfield Road (Little Italy), ☎ +1-216-231-9567. Another Little Italy institution, Mama Santa's offers inexpensive but tasty Italian fare in a family-run environment. edit
- Nighttown, 12387 Cedar Road, ☎ +1-(216)-795-0550 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +1-(216)-795-0531), . Mon–Thurs: 11:30 - Midnight, Fri.; Sat.: 11:30-01:00; Sunday Brunch: 10:00-15:00, Sunday Dinner: 15:00 - Midnight. This full-service, white tablecloth restaurant is the only jazz club in Ohio on Down Beat's list of the 100 Best Jazz Clubs in the World. The food is great too. edit
- Hot Sauce Williams, 7815 Carnegie Ave, ☎ +1 216 391-2230. Family owned barbeque restaurant known for their fried chicken and polish boy sandwiches. edit
- Balaton, 13133 Shaker Sq (Shaker Square), ☎ +1 216 921-9691, . Restaurant serving Hungarian cuisine. Be sure to try their Chicken Paprikash. edit
- Edwin's, 13101 Shaker Sq (Shaker Square), ☎ +1 216 921-3333, . Restaurant serving French fare. edit
- Zanzibar Soul Fusion, 13225 Shaker Sq (Shaker Square), ☎ +1 216 752-1035, . A southern soul food fusion restaurant. edit
- Aloft Hotel off I-271 is a great new mid-range hotel with cool new bar, work out facilities, and indoor pool.
- Baricelli Inn, (Little Italy). Quaint bed and breakfast feel above fine Italian restaurant. edit
- Glidden House, 1901 Ford Drive, ☎ 866-812-4537, . A renovated and expanded mansion in University Circle on the campus of Case Western University. This is one of the most luxurious lodging options in Cleveland. edit
- The Church of the Covenant, 11205 Euclid Avenue, ☎ +1-216-421-0482 (fax: +1-216-791-2228), . Mass: Sundays at 10:00. Presbyterian Church. edit
- Epworth-Euclid United Methodist Church, 1919 East 107th Street, ☎ +1-216-421-1200 (fax: +1-(216)-421-0327), . Mass: Sunday at 11:00. United Methodist services. edit
- The Temple-Tifereth Israel, 1855 Ansel Road, ☎ +1-216-831-3233, . Tifereth Israel is a Reform congregation. edit