Cle Elum   is a city in the North Cascades region of Washington State.
90 miles east of Seattle on I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass. 30 miles west of Ellensburg. On a good day, the trip from Seattle can be made in about an hour and a half, but in the winter time you will want to check with the Washington State Department of Transportation  as the pass is notorius for closing at the most inconvient times. Other than that the only way in to town is on Highway 97 from Wenatchee.
You really need a car. A small town of less than 1800, there is no public transportation and in the east end of town not even any sidewalks. A bike can work, but getting out of town there are lots of hills and the weather can change really quickly. You will need AC in the summer. In the winter, there is usually snow on the ground and probably ice as well. Having snow tires is the best, but chains are always a good thing to have in the mountains, and alot of the time you need them to cross Snoqualmie Pass.
- Suncadia Resort — golf
- Mama Vallone's Steak House, 302 West 1st Street, ☎ 509.674.5174. edit By far one of the best Italian Restaurants in Washington. Also a wonderful steakhouse (prime rib to die for). The bagna cauda is one of the most amazing dishes. But be careful, as there is lots of olive oil and butter in the dish and so much garlic you will still smell it 2 days later.
- The Cottage Cafe, 911 East 1st Street, ☎ 509.674.2922. edit 24 hour truck stop. Good food, large portions, a little expensive for basic americana, but great at midnight after a night out. Excelent homemade pies.
- Spacones Restaurant, 212 W Railroad St, ☎ (509)674-9609. edit How did this restaurant wind up in Cle Elum? Amazing pasta, steak everything. They used to have wonderful brunch, but at time of article, could not get in touch with restaurant.
- Best Western Snowcap Lodge, 809 W Davis Street, ☎ +1 509 674-0200 (fax: +1 509 674-2222), . edit
- Suncadia Resort, 3600 Suncadia Trail, Cle Elum, WA 98922, Tel 509-649-6400,  Located by the Rocky Mountain in Cle Elum, this luxury resort is surrounded by nature, perfect for those looking to get away from the city. The resort also includes a multitude of activities, including outdoor recreation, spa treatments, biking and hiking.