Clark  is a city in Union County, New Jersey. It is a suburban town of around 16,000 located 13 miles from Newark.
The town was founded in 1864 when the residents of the 5th ward of Rahway city decided to break away to establish the city. They named it after Abraham Clark, one of the signatories to the Declaration of Independence. What used to be a predominantly agricultural area till the middle of the twentieth century enjoyed a housing boom after 1949 when the Garden State Parkway cut through this town.
The town is not a tourist attraction by any stretch. If you are visiting, you're probably here on business.
The closest airport is the Newark Liberty International Airport . As this is one of the busiest airports in the country, you should not have any trouble reaching there.
Clark lies on Exit 135 of the Garden State Parkway .
NJ transit  runs a solitary bus service to Clark, the bus number 112 starting from the terminal in New York. Of course, transfers are available. Use the trip planner  to plan your commute.
The nearest railroad station is Garwood on the Raritan valley line, which goes both to the Newark Penn station and the New York Penn station.
The city may be small, but it is not small enough to be covered on foot. You can rent a car from Rahway. If you plan to walk it, some places away from the shopping areas can be lonely at night.
Central Avenue is the shopping area.
- Shoprite, 76 Central Avenue, +1 732 381 2025, .
- Target, 45 Central Ave +1 732 882 0736 .
- Barnes and Noble, 1180 Raritan Rd, +1 732 574 1818, .
- Thailand Restaurant, 291 Central Ave, +1 732 388 4441. Try the Red panang curry in coconut milk (Vegetarian version available). When the chirpy waitress warns you that the spicy version might be too much for you, it is to be taken as friendly advice, not as a challenge to prove her wrong. Settle for the medium version. $7-$9 for the main course.
- Tarantella's Ristorante, 1199 Raritan Road, +1 732 396 3700, . Italian joint. Also has a bar.
- Main Moon Chinese Restaurant, 1129 Raritan Road, +1 732 499 7000. Ordinary Chinese takeout with okay food at reasonable prices. $3 for the main course.
- White Diamond Restaurant, 1207 Raritan Road, +1 732 574 8053.
- Molly Maguires, 1085 Central Avenue. +1 732 388 6511  Irish pub and restaurant. The place is crowded in the evenings with yuppies.
- Crowne Plaza, 36 Valley Road, Clark NJ 07066. +1 732 574 0100 (firstname.lastname@example.org, 1 877 227 6963 for reservations, fax: +1 732 815 0661) . Pretty much the only hotel in Clark. $85-100
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!