Cintsa is in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa.
This small village about 40 km east of East London has become a backpackers magnet and offers nice beaches and two excellent hostels.
Cintsa is a Baz Bus stop on it`s way from Port Elizabeth to Durban. Both hostels offer transportation to East London where you can catch a bus from the main companies.
This small village requires nothing but your feet.
Walk along the beaches and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. Several tours are available at the hostels. The beach in Cintsa West, near Buccaneers, stretches forever, and has a rock pool for swimming
- Restaurant, (The Village Centre, Schafli Road by the Crossways KwikSpar), ☎ +27(0)43 737-4304. Pleasant setting by a lagoon. Food is average, mostly pizzas, but some pasta, and limited salad, fish and meat dishes. edit
- 339 Silvie Place, 339 Silvie Place, ☎ +27 (0)84 701-0478, . This self catering holiday home has fantastic river and valley views and is situated a quiet cul-de-sac within walking distance of the sea. edit
- Buccaneer`s Backpackers, Cintsa, ☎ +27 (0)43 734-3012, . One of the most well known hostels within SA and considered by many travellers to be one of the best. Situated on a hill over looking the beach and lagoon Buccaneers offers small cottages views from all the dorms camping tented camps meals activities and more. Dorms R110, doubles from R220, ensuites from R395. edit
- Cape Cod Guesthouse, 526 Dolphins Drive, ☎ +27 (0)43 738-5261, . Enjoy your coastal holiday experience in this gorgeous Cape Cod style house. Hosts 2 bedrooms, each with en-suite bathroom. Sleeps 5 (baby cot available). edit
- The Chintsa Log Inn, 528 Heron Loop, ☎ +27 (0)43 738-5275, . The Chintsa Log Inn offers comfortable and affordable self-catering accommodation in Chintsa East. The two accommodation options available are the "Log Inn" which sleeps 5 people, or the "Log Out" which sleeps 7. Both units have excellent views of the ocean and have access to the garden with its large lawns and swimming pool. From R600pp. edit
- The Yekelela Play & Guest Farm, (1,5 km on the right hand side from the Chintsa exit on the N2), ☎ +27 (0)43 738-5376, . The Yekelela Play and Guest Farm is a holiday resort aimed at families with children. This farm is situated on the Jikeleza route near the village of Chintsa and the beautiful beaches of the Wild Coast. edit