Cinfães is a Portuguese town in the northern district of Viseu.
Cinfães is located between Porto and the Douro wine region.
Cinfães is set on the left bank of the river Douro, close to the Carrapatelo dam. It is connected by train to two of the most treasured Portuguese heritage sites: Porto and the Porto wine region, both awarded world heritage status.
The train journey from Mosteirô, the closest station to Cinfães, prvides one of the world’s most scenic journeys, as the train snakes along the banks of the Douro river, all the way to Pocinho, past Régua and Pinhão.
From Oporto take the train  to Mosteirô.
- Montemuro hills. From the Portas de Montemuro, at 1000m in altitude, the northern side of the hills slopes along the valley of the Bestança river, right down to the Douro river, with the railway line in the background. The southern side uncovers a different landscape – the arid, austere Beira countryside extends as far as the eye can see. The rock of S. João, in a wider part of the valley, proudly overlooks the meanderings of the Douro river, both up and downstream. There are several traditional villages in the hills, living off the land and herds of sheep, goats and cattle. Montemuro is rich in handicrafts and historical monuments, with a busy cultural life (local feasts, theatre, gatherings). edit
- Romanesque bridge of Covelas. A romanesque bridge over the Bestança river. Known as the "Little bridge" by the locals, it used to the crossing from Tendais to Porto Antigo, on the banks of the Douro river. edit
- Romanesque church in Tarouquela. Dating from the 12th century, this church boasts remarkable sculptures reflecting local beliefs and customs, such as wolves heads, owls, human torsos and several expressive masks. edit
- Visiting the Carrapatelo dam.. edit
- Boat tour in the Douro river and the banks of the Bestança river., . edit
- Trekking in the Montemuro mountains and organized walks along the Bestança river valley.. edit
- Going out with the shepherd and the flock in the slopes on Montemuro montains., Cinfães, Viseu, . edit
- Angling for trouts in nearby creeks.. edit
- Retaurante O Meu Gatinho, Rua Capitão Salgueiro Maia, 4690-042 - Cinfães, ☎ 255563930, . (41.073843,-8.087547) edit
- Casa da Geada. Located high up in the hills, the Casa da Geada invites visitors to enjoy the rare beauty of the Montemuro valley. €40-€60/night. edit
- Casa do Lódão, . Boasting a fabulous view over the Douro river, the Quinta do Outeiro in Boassas, where Casa do Lódão is located, is the ideal place to relax and appreciate the unique Douro landscape. €45-€140/night. edit
- Casa do Moleiro, . Here you will find the quietness of Nature, the silence of the mountain and the babble of the river to soothe your sleep. edit
- Casa da Póvoa, . Overlooking the Douro river and the Carrapatelo dam, this is a typical 16th/17th century Douro rural manor house. €250-€300/night. edit
- Casa de Rebolfe, . Set in a small farm, that falls in ledges down to the river, the surrounding area has astounding scenic beauty and is rich in monuments and archaeological interest points. €50-€80/night. edit
- Casa da Torre, . Four houses are available on a farm surrounded by orange groves, with a cellar, an olive oil press, a still, a threshing floor and a granary. €65-€165/night. edit
- Quinta da Ventozela, . An imposing manor house built in the mid 18th century, majestically overlooking the Douro valley. €60-€180/night. edit
- Quinta das Virtudes. A small cottage for two people, with outstanding views over the Douro and Bestança rivers. €140/weekend. edit
- Quinta da Bouça, . This is an ideal refuge for those who want to get away from the day-to-day bustle. Perfect for long walks, admiring the free-running Garrano horses, and tasting fresh fruit from the orchards. €50-€125/nihgt. edit
Cinfães is a 70km drive from Porto, and centrally located to visit both the coast and the northern midlands of Portugal: Guimarães, the birthplace of the nation, is less than 70km away, Braga, full of religions monuments and rich in history, is only 90km away; Amarante, 50km away, provides the pretty Tâmega river, S. Gonçalo and its famous sweets, within a 100km radius, Vila Real (less than 100km away) – Lamego (40km from Vila Real) and Viseu (70km from Vila Real), are an interesting triangle for the famous Solar de Mateus (in Vila Real), the arresting Lamego Cathedral and a remarkable town centre in Viseu.