Cicero is a town in the Chicagoland area, just west of the Chicago city limits.
- The Chicago Transit Authority (CTA). runs the Pink Line from Chicago proper. The Pink Line runs parallel to Cermak Road, with stops at Cicero and 54th/Cermak (which has a secondary exit on Laramie Avenue).
- Metra operates the BNSF Line running between downtown Chicago and Aurora, with one stop in the city of Cicero located on Cicero Avenue near Ogden Avenue. Service is much less frequent than on the CTA Pink Line.
The CTA operates the following routes:
- 12 Roosevelt starts on the Near South Side close to Downtown and travels along Roosevelt Road through the West Side, skirting the northern border of Cicero before terminating at Harrison Street and Central Avenue in Austin.
- 18 16th/18th starts in the Near South Side and travels through Pilsen and the Far West Side before terminating in Cicero at 16th Street and Cicero Avenue.
- 21 Cermak comes from the same neighborhoods as the 18, running along Cermak Road through Cicero before terminating in neighboring Berwyn.
- 54 Cicero starts in the Far Northwest Side and runs south along Cicero Avenue through the Far West Side, terminating in Cicero at Cicero Avenue and 24th Place.
- 54B South Cicero starts at the Ford City Mall on the Southwest Side and runs north along Cicero Avenue through the Southwest Side (passing by the Midway Airport stop on the Orange Line) and Cicero before terminating at Cermak Road and Kenton Avenue near the Cicero/Chicago border.
Pace  is the main suburban bus operator in Chicagoland and operates the following routes:
- 302 starts in La Grange at the town's Amtrak/Metra station and takes a jagged route east through the western suburbs. In Cicero the rout runs east on 26th Street, north on Laramie, and east on Cermak, terminating near the Cicero Pink Line station.
- 305 starts to the northwest in River Forest/Oak Park, passing by the Harlem Green Line station, runs through Forest Park, passing by the Forest Park Blue Line station, and then runs on Roosevelt Road along the northern edge of Berwyn and Cicero, before turning south into Cicero and mostly running along Laramie Avenue.
- 315 is a U-shaped route serving Cicero, Berwyn, and Oak Park. In Cicero it runs along Austin Boulevard.
- 322 starts at the Yorktown Center in Lombard and then continues east along Cermak Road through the western suburbs, including Cicero. The route terminates at the 54th/Cermak Pink Line station.
- The Hawthorne Works Tower is the last remanent of what was once the a large Western Electric factory from 1905-1983. It is located behind the Hawthorne Works Shopping Center on Cicero Ave. and Cermak Ave. Today it is mainly known to be a place in which people go to urban explore and do grafitti art.
- Cicero Community Park
- Hawthorne Community Park
- The Lithuanian Opera Company of Chicago was founded by Lithuanian Chicagoans in 1956, and presents operas in Lithuanian. It celebrated fifty years of existence in 2006, and operates as a not-for-profit organization. It is noteworthy for performing the rarely-staged Rossini's William Tell (1986) and Ponchielli's I Lituani (1981, 1983 and 1991), and also for contributing experienced chorus singers to the Lyric Opera of Chicago.
Hawthorne Works Shooping Center Sign
- Hawthorne Works Shopping Center is a shopping center on Cicero Ave. and Cermak Ave. on the location of the former Western Electric factory complex. There are several stores including Foot Locker, Dollar Tree, and Cermak Produce to shop at. There is also an AMC Movie Theater as well as a Taco Bell. A Menard's complex is also located on Cicero Ave.
- Henry's Drive-In, 6031 W. Ogden Ave, ☎️ +1 708-656-9344. 10AM-9PM. Founded in 1950, known for it's all American food including hot dogs, hamburgers, French fries, and '50's style shakes and malts.
- Al's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria, 6050 W Cermak Rd, ☎ +1 708-656-1060 (info@AlsRestaurant.com, fax: +1 708-656-2620), . M-Th 11AM-1AM; F-Sa 11AM-2AM; Su 12PM-12AM. edit
- Indio Restaurant, 6037 W Cermak Rd, ☎ +1 708-863-5714. edit
- Lindy's Chili, 2353 S Laramie, ☎ +1 708-683-5111, . edit
- La Quebrada, 4859 W Roosevelt Rd, ☎ +1 708 780-8110. Su-F 7:30AM-10PM, Sa 7:30AM-11PM. Regional dishes from the south of Mexico's Pacific Coast. One of the best places in the Chicago area to have a nice, authentic, sit-down Mexican meal. $9-16. edit
Just like everywhere else in America, the drinking age is 21. ID's are normally required for anyone under the age of 35.
- Cindy Lyn Motel, 5029 W Ogden Ave, ☎ +1 708-656-1730. edit
- Karavan Motel, 1620 S Cicero Ave, ☎ +1 708-656-4220. edit
- Plaza Motel, 3030 S Cicero Ave, ☎ +1 708-656-0300. edit
- Shamrock Motel, 1212 S Cicero Ave, ☎ +1 708-656-6670. edit
The south end of Cicero, especially around Morton College, Columbus School and westward is generally safe to be out in, even at night. However, north of the BNSF train yard east of Austin Blvd is full of very bad areas (Warren Park, Parkholme Park, Grant Works, and such) that are best avoided. Also, the area around St. Mary of Czestochowa can get rather iffy, especially at night.