Chimoio is the capital of Manica Province in Central Mozambique. Its former name during colonial times was Vila Pery.
For many travelers Chimoio is a stopover on their way between destinations in the South and North of Mozambique, Malawi and Zimbabwe. It is close to Gorongosa National Park.
Chimoio is a 3 hour/200km drive from Beira or there are flights from Maputo with LAM. The road from Beira to the EN1 has pot holes so care is needed. From the EN1 to Chimoio, it is in good condition.
- Casa Bella, ☎ 00 258 827639249 (email@example.com), . Old Portuguese house on the outskirts of Chimoio. Large rooms with hot showers and clean toilets. Casa Bella has been closed two years ago. edit
- Castelo Branco, Rua Sussundenga. Decent quality. Mt 2000 for a double room. edit
- Hotel Inter-Chimoio, Av. 25 Setembro, 18B (On the Chimoio Main avenue), ☎ +258 251 24200/1, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. One of the Best and Only 4 Star Hotel in Chimoio. Mt 2.200. edit
- Pink Papaya, Rua 3 de Fevereiro (From main bus station follow Rua de trabalhadores, turn at the 3rd street to the right. This is Rua 3 de Fevereiro), ☎ +258/822372980. The house has a pink wall in front and pink gates, and a large tree overhanging the wall. It's basically a private house renting rooms in the house as well as in the garden where they have a caravan. The German owner and staff are helpful and sympathetic. Good place to meet other travelers. Mt 300 dorm, Mt 700 double room. edit
- Residencial Dabhad (firstname.lastname@example.org), Rua do Barué, 32, ☎ 0025825123264, . checkin: noon; checkout: 11AM. Has more than twenty rooms available with one double or two single beds. All the rooms are equipped with conditioned air, satellite TV, private bedroom and others. Mt 1350 double room. (S19 06.743,E33 28.953) edit
English (and some Portuguese) language radio transmissions are available from BBC World Service on 99.0MHz.