Cheb  (German: Eger) is a city in West Bohemia in Western Czech Republic with a population of 33,000 and is close to the German border.
The name is prounced "kheb". The city features a very quaint and pretty town square and winding alleys. However, outside of the center, the city is characterized by grimy heavy industry.
 Get in
Direct buses run from Prague (150Kc, 3 hours, 4 daily), Karlovy Vary (56Kc, 1 hour, 7 daily), Mariánské Lázně (40Kc, 30 minutes, 12 daily).
There run also direct yellow buses by StudentAgency, it tooks 3:15h, 195Kc, starts at 6:30 from Prague, Florenc bus station, every two hours, last at 20:30.
Direct trains run from Prague (250Kc, 3 hours, 3 daily), Leipzig, and Berlin.
 Get around
- Cheb Castle, . Mostly in ruins except for its towers. Features the the biggest Romanesque chapel in Bohemia. 30Kc. edit
- Cheb Museum. 9am-5pm, closed Sun & Mon. 20th century paintings of Cheb. 50Kc. edit
- Namesti Krale Jiriho z Podebrad - Main Square. 16th century former Jewish merchant houses. edit
- New Town Hall & State Gallery of the Arts. Boroque building from the 18th century. Features Czech modern art. 80Kc. edit
- St. Wencelas Church. edit
- St. Nicolas Church. Baroque buidling from the 13th century. edit
- Frantiskanske Namesti. Features the St. Clare Church and the Church of the Herald of the Virgin Mary. edit
- Krajinná výstava, . Cultural area around river Ohre under castle. Flowers, art, exhibitions edit
- Bismarck's lookout tower. Rock lookout tower near television transmitter, Zelena hora mountain edit
- Outdoor climbing center (rope towers) located near castle in Cheb
- Sport and barbecue zone between astle and climbing center (ping pong, bbq facilities)
- Scenic boat ride from wooden bridge near castle to Skalka dam (summer, weekends, 10-17, every 30m, 50Kc)
- Ice stadium, Valdstejnova 70 street
- Cycling path from Cheb to Waldsassen and from Cheb to Karlovy Vary
- Swimming pool - Obeti nacismu 16 street
- Outdoor climbing wall in DDM Sova - Goethova 26 street
- Chebské dvorky - summer cultural action, Art in streets, []
- Fijo Cheb - competetive show of youth wind orchestras, []
- Kart arena, industrial zone, 5 km from Cheb city centre direction Karlovy Vary
- Pizzeria Cafe, Jakubska 1. Pizza: 70Kc. edit
- Restaurant Valdstejn, (Main square). Steak & Schnitzel. 75Kc-150Kc. edit
- Autocamp Rybarska Basta, (6km east of city center at Drenice), . Well-equipped campsite. Tent: 60kc; Bed: 220Kc. edit
- Pension U Tri Ruzi, Ruzovy Kopecek 395/9. Single: 450Kc; Double: 800Kc. edit
- Hotel Barbarossa, . Jazz in reception. Nice bathrooms. Single:1,050Kc Double: 1,350Kc, including breakfast. edit
 Get out