Central Northern Bulgaria is in Bulgaria.
- Arbanassi (Арбанаси) — a village with several historical churches
- Dobrich (Добрич) — a town situated in the middle of the northeastern part of Bulgaria (Dobrudja), approximately 50km. from Varna
- Gabrovo (Габрово) — a city at the southern edge of this area, at the feet of the northern slopes of the Balkan Mountains, Gabrovo is home to a humor museum, lots of shopping opportunities and provides access to local ski resorts.
- Isperih (Исперих) — town with a multi-ethnic population, close to Thracian tomb of Sveshtari, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Lovech (Ловеч) [] — known as "the town of lilacs" due to the dense woods of lilacs growing on the feet of Stratesh Park towering over the city, Lovech has a lovely old town and one of the few bridges in the world with shops over it
- Preslav/Veliki Preslav (Преслав/Велики Преслав) — town close to the extensive ruins of the medieval city which served as the capital of the Bulgarian kingdom in the 10th century
- Rousse (Русе) — known as the "Small Vienna", the city centre offers an impressive architectural ensemble that cannot be found any place else within Bulgaria. The city boasts various places of interest among which the Sexiginta Prista Roman Castle, The Theatre, The House of Caliopa, The Pantheon and so on.
- Shumen (Шумен) — consists primarily of new buildings, but there is a small area with nice older buildings. Half of the boulevard is pedestrian area with a lot of cafes and night life.
- Silistra (Силистра) — city on the banks of Danube
- Tryavna (Трявна)
- Ŭglen (Ъглен)
- Veliko Turnovo (Велико Търново) — a beautiful city along a winding river, capital of medieval Bulgarian kingdom between 12th and 14th centuries. The original city castle and walls are reconstructed. Be sure also to visit nearby Arbanassi.
- Nature Park Bulgarka — on the northern slopes of Balkan Mountains, the area is home to a great diversity, and centuries-old beech forests
|This article contains content that was once found at Northeast Bulgaria. View that page's revision history for the list of authors.