Central Gippsland is a region of Victoria, Australia.
Hazelwood Pondage, Churchill
- Traralgon - a town of around 20,000 located in the heart of the Latrobe Valley
Traralgon and all other major settlements along the highway / train line can be reached from the state capital, Melbourne, via the Princes highway (M1) or via the V/line  train and coach service. Trains and/or coaches run approximately every hour to 90 minutes.
A regional airport located several kilometres west of the town provides services to the national capital, Canberra. (According to , Brindabella Airlines ceased this service in May 2006).
- Mt Tassie, Traralgon Balook Road. 360 degree panoramic views from the highest peak in the Strzelecki Ranges. You can see the mountains of the Great Dividing Range to the north, and Wilsons Prom to the south, as well as the Latrobe Valley Coal Fields. edit
- Tyers Park, (is accessible from Yallourn North via Quarry Road, the Tyers-Walhalla Road and the Moe-Erica Road.), . See the wildflowers, birds and native animals at Tyers Park. Its outcrops of limestone and conglomerate are of considerable geological interest. The limestone contains both plant and animal fossils. edit
- Morwell National Park, (The park is 16 km south of Morwell. Access is via Churchill or Yinnar.), . The one-hour Fosters Gully walk (access via Jumbuk Road) is dominated by mature manna gums and scrubby rainforest. It is a loop track which returns via a dry ridge of stringy bark trees. Expect to see koalas, wallabies and possibly lyrebirds. Wombats may make an appearance at dusk. Free electric barbecue facilities are available. edit
- Boolarra Rail Trail, . A 13km bike/walking trail between Mirboo North and Boolarra. *Powerworks, Ridge Road Morwell, adjacent to the M1 Freeway., ☎ 03-5135 3415, . Open weekdays from 9AM-5PM. Interactive display and coal mine tours, providing information and education programs about the Latrobe Valley Power Industry, which supplies more than 85% of Victoria's Electricity requirements. edit edit
- Hazelwood Pondage, Yinnar Road, Via Churchill. (Follow signposts (C456) from M1 Freeway.), . Unnaturally warm artificial lake which remains at a minimum of 22 degrees at all times. On cold winter mornings there is an eerie mist rising from the lake. In June, Hazelwood Pondage hosts an annual sailing regatta, the Latrobe City Sauna Sail. Facilities include disabled access to sailing dinghies, BBQ’s, children’s playground, toilets, picnic area and a caravan and camping park. edit
- Blacksmithing course, Main St, Yinnar, ☎ 03 51 631310, . Offered several weekends per year, the basic blacksmithing course is an introduction to the theory and practice of making tools, different types of steel and their heat treatment. Several projects are completed including a centre punch, cold chisel, scriber and utility knife. $95 includes materials, notes, morning and afternoon tea.. edit
- The Grand Strzelecki Track, . 85km track (3-4 day hike) joining Morwell National Park and Tarra-Bulga National Park. edit
- Australian Wattle Woodcraft, 22 Main Road Yinnar 3869, ☎ 03 5163 1798, . Handcrafted timber chopping boards and cheese boards. Blackwood and camphor timber used. From $20. edit
- Waterwheel Orchards, Fishers Road, Boolarra, ☎ (03) 51696622, . 15 acres of kiwi vines, and almost seven acres growing a range of berries. Pick your own or buy a punnet. edit
- Milk. Gippsland is Victoria's premier dairy region. Unfortunately at this stage it is only legal to sample produce from supermarkets! edit
Wilsons Promontory is about 1.5 - 2 hours' drive away.
In summer, escape to the cool rainforest of Tarra Bulga National Park in South Gippsland - about an hour's drive.