Cavalier  is the county seat of Pembina County, in the northeast corner of North Dakota, on the Tongue River. It has a population of approximately 1,537 people. Its map coordinates are latitude 48.79N & Longitude 97.62W
- By Car: from exit 203 on I-29, take US highway 81 west for 10 miles, then continue west on state highway 5 for 9 more miles. Cavalier is at the junction of state highways 5 and 18.
- By air: Cavalier Municipal Airport for private aircraft. Runway 16/34 is 3,300 feet long.
- Pembina County Historical Museum next to Icelandic State Park, where exhibits, restored buildings, pioneer machinery and a library tell the history of Pembina County agriculture. Open from Memorial day to October 1, daily 1:00 to 5:00PM. Tel: (701) 265-4941. Fax: (701) 265-4691
- Pioneer Heritage Museum, in Icelandic State Park, you can see the state's pioneer heritage. Open year-round, but hors vary. From mid-May to Labor Day, the Museum is open every Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM to 8:00AM, and on Friday through Sunday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The admission fee to Icelandic State Park is $5 daily. Tel: (701) 265-4561. Fax: (701) 265-4443
- Boating: at * Icelandic State Park, see below.
- Fishing: at * Icelandic State Park, 5 miles west of Cavalier on Highway 5, on the north shore of Lake Renwick, this park offers fishing for northern pike and others. Admission fee is $5 daily. Tel: (701) 265-4561. Fax: (701) 265-4443. Email: email@example.com 
- Golf: Cavalier Country Club. Tel: (701) 265-4506
- Hiking, Wildwood Trail is a National Recreation Trail that winds through the preserve and provides an enjoyable educational tour. Located within Icelandic State Park, this wooded area along the Tongue River is a sanctuary for plants, birds and wildlife.
- Cross-country skiing and snowmobiling on groomed trails in Icelandic State Park.
- Cedar Inn Steak House 502 Division Ave S, Cavalier, ND 58421. Tel: (701) 265-8341
- Chuckwagon Cafe, 210 Main St W, Cavalier, ND 58421. Tel: (701) 265-4537
- Thompson's Cafe, 1301 Main St W, Cavalier, ND 58421. Tel: (701) 265-4848
- Sammy's Bar 107 Main St W, Cavalier, ND 58421. Tel: (701) 265-4145
- Ugly's Tavern PO Box 61, Cavalier, ND 58421. Tel: (701) 265-8850
- Cedar Inn Motel, 502 Division Ave S, Cavalier, ND 58421. Tel: (701) 265-8341