Caspian Iran is a beautiful region of Iran along the coast of the Caspian Sea. The forested coastal plains rise up quickly into the Alborz Mountains.
- Gonbad-e Kavus —with its 70m 11th century tower.
- Gorgan —Provincial capital of Golestan with surrounding forests and hills.
- Masouleh — A postcard perfect terraced village in
- Ramsar — sea resort backed by verdant mountains popular with Iranians; offering hot springs as well.
- Rasht — distinctly northern, and charming Gilaki-speaking capital of the Gilan-province.
- Sari with its Clock-tower and 15th century mausoleums.
- Now Shahr
- Behshahr and its nearby Abbas Abad, home of shah Abbas and his (now ruined) mid-lake fortress.
In Caspian cities people speak Gilaki and Mazandarani plus Persian
In the central Province of Mazandaran, There are many things to see, ranging from natural to cultural attractions. Here are a few natural attractions:
- Safarood Public Forest, located 5 km on the road to Ramsar-Javaherdeh, in the beautiful forest regions of the Alborz mountain range and near the Safarood river. This forest has many recreational centers.
- Mineral Water Springs. Ramsar is quite famous for its mineral water springs. Some of these are : Nei-Dasht cold mineral water spring another located 12 km south of Ramsar, in a valley near the Safarood river the warm mineral water springs located behind the guesthouse of Ramsar, under the bridge of Ramsar (on the eastern edge of the hotel) and sadat-shahr, Mas-Rash and Tanijan warm mineral water springs in Jannat-Roodbar.
- Waterfalls: These are numerous waterfalls in the mountainous regions of Ramsar which have created the most beautiful views. These include Dareh-Rashmeh on the northwestern road to Ramsar-Javaherdeh, Laj-o-Mij in Oshkoor, a hamlet near a village by the same name, etc.
Fish is the best way to go. If you're not that really interested in fish, kebab shops are scattered all over the province. Don't forget a meal in this province would not be complete without salads, yoghourt and barbari bread.
Always remember Iran's Police number is 110.
|This article is an outline and needs more content. It has a template, but there is not enough information present. Please plunge forward and help it grow!|