Caserta is a city in Campania. Its main attraction is the Palazzo Reale (Royal Palace). During italian summer holidays it can get quite packed. During the rest of the year it is a sleepy town.
There are regular trains running from and to Naples and Rome.
CPTC buses serve Caserta among other bus companies.
- Palazzo Reale (also called La Reggia), (It's just opposite the train station). Palace: 8:30 - 19:00 (year round), Park: 8:30 - 19:00 Jun/Jul/Aug, 8:30 - 15:30 Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb, 8:30 - 17:00 Mar, 8:30 - 18:00 Apr, 8:30 -18:30 May/Sep, 8:30 - 17:30 Oct; Tuesday closed. It is one of the largest palaces in Europe. Sometimes it is compared to Versaille, mainly due to the park architecture. For more detailed information see . The toilet on the ground floor of the palace might be worth a visit, as well as the tourist office in the palace. In the park there's a bus that takes you up and down the to the English Garden (1€ return). Entrance: 14€ including Historical Apartments, Picture Gallery, Terrae Motus Collection, Park and English Garden. edit
There are a couple of cheap hotels in via Giuseppe Garibaldi (turn right when you come out of the train station) .
- Hotel Amadeus, via Giuseppe Verdi 72-76 (next to train station and palace), ☎ +39.0823.352663 (email@example.com, fax: +39.0823/329195), . free wifi from 65€ (single), 93€ (double). edit
- Hotel New Baby, ☎ +39 0823 322681 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: +39 0823 288690), . checkout: 11am. nice rooms, poor sound insulation, free wifi from 40€ (single), 50€ (double). edit
- B&B L'Antico Cortile Via Tanucci, 55 - 81100 Caserta - tel 3454522070 . Situated in the heart of Caserta, 2 minutes from the Royal Palace garden entrance.
- Grand Hotel Vanvitelli Viale carlo III caserta - tel. o823 217111 .
- Hotel Europa Caserta Via Roma, 19 Caserta(CE) 81100 Italy, Tel : +39 0823 325400 . One of the most important hotels in Caserta, very close to the Reggia royal Palace.
- Jolly Hotel Caserta, V.le Vittorio Veneto, 13, +39 0823 325222 . The Jolly Hotel Caserta is situated in the city centre, only 500 metres away from the famous "Reggia di Caserta". It offers 107 spacious and elegant rooms with a partial view of the panorama of the Reggia.