Carrollton is a fast-growing suburb of Dallas in the Prairies and Lakes region of Texas.
Carrollton is part of the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) system. The Green light rail line runs through and ends in Carrollton. At the northern terminus is the southern terminus of the Denton County Transportation Authority A-train, which heads north to the City of Denton. DART also has bus service in Carrollton.
I-35E is the major highway through Carrollton. The President George Bush Turnpike (tolled highway) also runs east/west through the northern part of the city.
- Downtown Carrollton, . A very neat place to visit edit
- Russian Banya, 2515 E. Rosemeade (NW corner of Rosemeade Pkwy and Marsh Ln. DART Bus #341.), ☎ (214) 483-5050, . A traditional Russian banya (sauna). This is basically the only one of its kind in area. The sauna provides a consistent "wet heat". Along with the sauna there is a traditional Finnish sauna for a "dry heat", a Turkish steam room, an authentic Russian restaurant, venik massages, an ice-cold plunge pool, and cleansing showers for a complete relaxation experience. edit
- Flying and Floating Toys, Arrowhead Leg 1, Hickory Creek, TX 75065, ☎ 214-621-8499, . 8am-9pm. Flying and Floating Toys offers boat and jet ski rentals, parasail rides and powered parachute rides at Lake Lewisville, about 10 minutes north of Carrollton. Open 7 days a week from March thru October. Prices, pictures, driving directions on the website: www.FlyingAndFloatingToys.com or call 214-621-8499 edit
- Babe's Chicken Dinner House, . local chain of unique family style fried chicken restaurants edit
- Sid's Rainbow Grill, 1107 South Broadway (On Broadway St. between Main St and 4th Ave. DART Bus #400), ☎ (972) 242-1621, . Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 2:00 pm, Saturday 11:00 am - 2:30 pm. A small diner located in Old Downtown Carrollton. They have a wide variety of burgers and sandwiches, coupled with a lot of deep-fried finger foods. Shakes, ice-cream floats, ice cream sodas, pies, and cookies for dessert. The restaurant has a wacky rainbow theme. edit
- El Portal Cafe, 2810 Trinity Mills Ste 191, ☎ 972-417-3927. Colombian bakery known for their coffee, pastries, salchipapas, empanadas, and pandebonos. They also show soccer matches on TV. edit
- Scooters Bar and Grill, Trinity Mills Road. edit
Take I-35 north about 20 miles to Denton, which is home to both the University of North Texas and Texas Women's University. There is a lively music scene, centered around the old courthouse square downtown, which is surrounded by restaurants, some bars, and several shops. Easy parking.
|Routes through Carrollton