Cambria (population 6000) is in San Luis Obispo County in the Central Coast region of California.
San Luis Obispo County Regional Airport is the closest commercial airport. Flights to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Phoenix are available. 
Paso Robles Airport to the east is a good choice for general aviation. 
From Memorial Day to Labor Day, the free Cambria Trolley makes a loop around Cambria every 1/2 hour from 10am to 4pm on Thursdays through Sundays. 
Year-round, a Regional Transit Authority route goes from Morro Bay to Hearst Castle, stopping in Cayucos and Cambria. 
- Nitt Witt Ridge, 881 Hillcrest Drive, ☎ +1 805 927-2690. Call to arrange tour. A house built of rocks, abalone shells, wood, beer cans, tile, car parts and other assorted junk. It is a California Historic Landmark as an example of California folk art. A poor's man Hearst Castle. $10.
- Walk along the board walk that follows the top of the cliffs along Moonstone Beach Drive. It's an easy walk and the views are breathtaking.
- Walk in San Simeon State Park, north of Cambria on the way to San Simeon.
There are many charming shops along Main St. in East and West Village.
- Robin's restaurant feels like dining in a snuggly bird's nest (hence the name). The food is diverse and delicious, though not inexpensive. For a cheaper, quicker bite, try the Robin's take-out counter.
- Las Cambritas is good Mexican Food.
- Sea Chest, 6216 Moonstone Beach Dr, ☎ 805-927-4514. Opens 5:30PM. This restaurant has great food and is very popular. The line begins forming about 5PM and can by opening time at 5:30PM already have a full seating of people. It serves wonderful fish and looks out on the water. Cash only.
- Cambria Vacation Rental, 4849 Windsor Blvd., ☎ (805) 927-8200, . checkin: 2:30; checkout: 10:30. With private beach access and great ocean views, this two-floor, 3BR home is the perfect escape and 20 minutes from Hearst Castle. $450-550.
- Hearst Castle is ten miles north of Cambria. (See San Simeon article for more information.)