Calangute is a town on the northern coast of Goa. It is among the most popular tourist destinations in Goa. Calangute is located 13 km from Panaji and 8 km from Mapusa.
Calangute is well connected to other parts of Goa by road, and the roads are in fairly good condition.
The nearest railway station is at Thivim, and taxi from there takes about 20 minutes and costs around Rs.400. Other railway stations are at Margao and Vasco da Gama.
Frequent state buses go to and from other parts of Goa, but if you're traveling a longer distance, you need to change buses (for example, from the airport you should need three buses to get to Calangute). A bus from Panaji costs Rs.10-15 depending on the route the bus takes.
Prepaid taxi from the outside counter on the airport costs Rs.900, while discussing the price directly with the driver should result into cheaper price.
Calangute is a quite small area, and you can easily walk your way through it. Two-wheelers and cars are naturally available for hire, and getting a taxi or an auto rickshaw is easy.
- Art Chamber, . edit
- Kerkar Art Complex, Holiday Street Gaurawado, ☎ +91 832 2276017, . Dr Subodh Kerkar has two galleries, one for his permanent collection, and the other housing the works of Indian and foreign artists. edit
- Relax at the beach. The beach reaches from Candolim to Baga. Known also as the Queen of Beaches, although is rather crowded nowadays. Unfortunately it has also been reported to be a place where women risk to be harrassed. The sand is quite full of beds for sunbathing. These are free at least if you buy something from the beach shack, but expect a lot of salesmen.
- If you go from the center of the town to the beach, you will find a massive amount of water sports operators; they are cheap and fun but their safety is very doubtful due to the large number of jetskis operating in the breaking waves. At this part of the beach there are no beach shacks.
- Hire a bike or scooty for about Rs.150-200 per day and roam around other nearby beaches like Baga, Candolim, Anjuna. You can also ride straight upto Aguada Fort. Make sure to fill your vehicle's tank before you start off the journey. Fuels are sold by many roadside shops at about Rs.90 per liter.
- Visit a tailor and make some nice clothes. For the best results bring some pictures or existing clothes for inspiration. Remember to allocate a few days to get everything just right. Check out Mac Doulani in Nizmar resort, despite the shabby location he's one of the best. 
The coastline is nearly full of beach shacks that offer food as well. For better cuisine you can choose from numerous (tourist) restaurants that are found from the main roads. Food is somewhat expensive by Indian standards, but cheap by Western ones - an Indian curry with rice is around Rs.160 in most places and should be enough to feed most.
- Oriental - A family run Thai-European Restaurant. Ph. 9822121549. Expect authentic Royal Thai and selected European Cuisine – specialized in tenderloin fillet steaks - better "Little Chateaubriands" -. Location: Calangute Holiday Street, behind Kerkar Art Complex, befor Little Italy.(Former Roma)
- Tibetan Kitchen - Great place for Chinese & Tibetan dishes, very authentic and good environment though you need to walk from main road for about 20 meters through a small lane.
- Bella Ciao - The Italian Restaurant at La Calypso Hotels, Saunta Vaddo, Calangute-Baga road, Goa - 403516 - Phone: 0832 2275821 Italian
- Mirabai Goan Village, off Baga Road. Phone: 98 22176808- The best! Authentic Goan food, excellent sea food, chutiya owner.
- Souza Lobo - Its on the beach, you won't miss it. King Fish and Seafood are excellent.
- After Seven, on the border of Candolim-Calangute. Telephone 91-832-227957. Started by Leo, who speaks 4 languages and has travelled the world with the reputed Taj Group of Hotels, this restaurant has been around for 9 years. The restaurant was formerly known as After Eight Restaurant, till Nestle decided that the restaurant was so good that it would prove competition to their mints, asked Leo to change the name, which he did in 2005.
- Casa Andre's
- Bob's Inn - on the main road from Calangute to Candolim.
- Mooncrest on the Waves
- Electric Cats - An wonderful place for authentic seafood & cocktails.
- Temptation Shack, Calangute Beach. Friendly and welcoming shack except the food is not the best. Good for breakfast and to relax at the shack. Very friendly owners. edit
- Jam Point, Chalston road, Cobra Vaddo, Calangute, Goa (100 m from Calangute-Baga road towards the beach), ☎ +9190966375079. Restaurant and bar in Calangute with stage and live music performances such as: jazz concerts, blues gigs, sometimes electronic, ethnic or lounge. Offers continental and chinese food, indian tandoori and variety of cocktails in bar. edit
- Xavier's Beach Cafe, Midway Between Calangute and Baga Beach (at the end of the lane which has Tito's pub), ☎ 9822183119. All Day. This is one of the shacks that are present between Baga and Calangute. Outstanding behaviour and reasonable rates compared to the ambience! reasonable as per Goan standards. edit
- The World Famous Decades Bar, Agar Vaddo, Calangute Goa (On main arpora road nr St Michaels Washing Centre), ☎ 00918806589067, . This is a British owned bar due to open on 1 November and promises to provide good food, good service at reasonable prices. It will provide live entertainment during the week including bingo and karaoke with live football at the weekend. Beautiful views, with a friendly atmosphere and European Standards. edit
- Travel Bar, Candlelit Calangute border, Calangute, Goa 403516 (Opposite Tarkar Ice Factory), ☎ (+91) 832 2275788. 10:30am to 11pm. Facilities:Outdoor Seating,Serves Alcohol,Popular dishes:Moroccon Chicken Leg, Prawn Avocado Aioli, Crab Cake With Paprika Mayo edit
- Goikar Restaurant, Khobra Wado, Calangute, Bardez (Off Calangute-Baga Road), ☎ 7875872697, . 12 pm to 4 pm, 7 pm to 9.30 pm, Monday Closed. It's a Goan dhaba famous for sea-food. The speciality is its fish curry and fish fry rice plates. 30 INR to 240 INR. (15.552699,73.756808) edit
Take any road going towards the beach from the main road and find a bunch of places to sleep as you approach the beach. If you choose a smaller road you're likely to find cheaper places. Taxi drivers will be happy to take you to a place run by their friends / people who pay commission, but you need be very strict with your price limit as they tend to take you to a more expensive place.
In recent trend many tourists are preferring to stay in service apartments since these service apartments are spacious in compared to hotels and comes with kitchen. It gives a feel of a home away from home. These are very suitable for families and couples and also comes within budget. In nearby peaceful villages like oxel and siolim (within 5-7 km distance) one can get a really good deal in gated communities with different facilities.
- Dias Holiday Homes, Calangute-Anjuna Rd, Calangute, Goa (1.5 km from Calangute beach.), ☎ +919168754060. e-mail:email@example.com. Fully furnished apartments (TV, Refrigerator, AC, Geyser, Bed, Cupboards, Chairs, Cooking Gas, Utensils, etc.) with car/bike parking and swimming pool Rent(daily/monthly/yearly). edit
- Lime Holidays, firstname.lastname@example.org, ☎ 9604937575, . Serviced apartments in Goa, for safe and convenient stay, only a 4 minute walk from Calangute beach, in a 3 star resort with access to 2 swimming pools, restaurant & bar. Fully a/c non ac flexible check-in & check-out timings, extra mattress & kitchen facilities provided. Prices starting as low as Rs,800/-. Contact number 9604937575/9970589799 email - email@example.com. edit
- Estrela do Mar Beach Resort 
- New Haven Holiday Home  Tel: +91 - 9821761213, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chalston Beach Resort 
- Hotel Golden Nest Tel: +91 - 9822147148, E-mail: email@example.com.
- Lotus Resort Goa, Beach Road Via Maria Hall, Vaswaddo, Benaulim, Salcete (close to Colva Beach), ☎ 0832-2771175, . checkin: noon; checkout: 11:30AM. 3,000. edit
- Hotel Seagull, Holiday Street, ☎ +91-832 –2275534, . checkin: 9:00; checkout: 09:00. Sea Gull is a lovely 3-Star hotel near the border of Calangute towards Candolim, very close to Calangute Beach. It has a lively restaurant which is extremely popular and well known for many years. Live music is another highlight of Hotel Seagull. edit
- Hotel Villa Theresa (Hotel Villa Theresa Calangute Goa), Umta Vaddo, Calangute-Goa, ☎ +91- 8308772119, . checkin: 09:00; checkout: 09:00. Villa Theresa is a family run 3-star hotel situated at Umta Vaddo, Calangute. edit
- Ondas Do Mar Beach Resort, Gaurovaddo (Ask anyone to take you to Claangut, spot the Blue note cafe and take a left if it's in front of you, go straight, cross the church in the center of the road and then ask anyone where holiday street is - Enter holiday street and keep looking to your right for the hotel). This hotel is a few minutes' walk from the beach. It has 2 swimming pools and has two campuses. It has friendly owners, it's very clean and cozy, and they have a restaurant where you can get great meals. edit
- gabriels guest house goa (gabriels guest house goa), gaura vaddo,calangute,goa (near kamat holiday homes,opposite tarcar wine shop.), ☎ 0832 2279486, . checkin: 10:00am; checkout: 10:00am. gabriel guest house is a family run hotel very close to Calangute beach,located in a quiet area, with a peaceful atmosphere. 400. edit
- '''Strassh guest house''', near Calangute beach,candolim (opp health centre), ☎ 09320564040,9322825777 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: 12.00noon; checkout: 12.30pm. It provides 24 hour service and privacy. 5-min walk from calangute beach. With all facilities. from Rs 900/-with Ac. edit
- Nikita Residency, Calangute, Goa, India, . checkin: 11; checkout: 11. Luxurious Apartments with Budget Price. 1890. edit
- 2 BR Homestay, 3kms from Calangute Beach, . This boutique home has 2 quaint bedrooms and a courtyard. It is located in the village of Saligao off the crowded tourist areas. However, you can ride to Anjuna and Vagator beaches in about 15 min. The homestay also has a kitchen and several eateries in the neighborhood. 70 USD. edit
- Nelmar Nest, Calangute Beach, ☎ 08007652501, . Nelmar Nest welcomes you to experience the charm and comfort of a typical Goan home. Nestled amidst lush green flora and swaying coconut palms, our guest house has been a preferred holiday home to many guests from across the globe.Pickup/Drop, North/South Goa Tour in Nelmar Nest TAXI. Wifi Internet free & home made breakfast at reasonable rates. 250. edit