Cai Be is in Mekong Delta.
Cai Be is a district in the west of Tien Giang province. Cai Be has total area of 41,000 ha, and a population of 280,000 people living in 24 communes and a capital town of same name. Local economy is mainly based on horticulture and tourism with a great number of fruit orchards. Cai Be has a small Cai Be floating market which is yet to be touristy as the Cai Rang floating market in Can Tho. Cai Be is in the northern side of My Thuan Bridge, the gate into Vinh Long province and the whole Mekong Delta in general.
Cai Be is around 113km (2 hour drive) from Ho Chi Minh City and 50km from My Tho (the capital of Tien Giang. Cai Be is on the northern side of My Thuan Bridge, the gate into Vinh Long province and Mekong Delta in general.
It is easy to get Cai Be around with a motorbike taxi or just rent a bike. Visiting Cai Be floating market with a small sampan ride is enjoyable.
- Cai Be floating market. is a small and little visited floating market in Mekong Delta. It is held along the Tan Phong Island at the junction of Tien River in territory of three provinces Tien Giang, Vinh Long and Ben Tre. Every morning, hundreds of boats gather here to trade their local products, mainly fruit, creating a bustling fair. Different from other big floating market in the region, Cai Be is a retail market and it ends around mid-day, so try to visit it early or miss its vibrancy. edit
- Dong Hoa Hiep Old House. There are quite some old houses in Dong Hoa Hiep Commune, Cai Be. Best preserved ones include Ba Duc Old House, Cai Huy Old House and Anh Kiet Old HOuse. They were built in old architecture typical in the region. Some were restored under cooperation program of Vietnamese government and Japanese organization, JICA. edit
Enjoy a sampan ride to visit Cai Be floating market in early morning. Rent a bike or motorbike to explore beautiful villages in Cai Be. The people here are all very friendly and warm.
- Mekong Rustic activities, Tan Thien, Tan Phong island, Cai Be, ☎ +84 978 581 143, . Mekong Rustic also offer local activities such as biking to explore rustic beauty, purchasing fruits and vegetables at the floating market, boat rides, bicycle tours, enjoying the gardens, plucking the fruits, "ditch hook fishing" with the local fisherman and help in making traditional handicraft products (making conical hat, candies, wooden products, food snacks etc. from US$33. edit
- Mekong Lodge Riverside Restaurant. A semi-open restaurant with nice settings and great view of Tien River, especially during sunset. Excellent food yet need a wider range of wines. edit
- Mekong Lodge, Hamlet5, Dong Hoa Hiep Commune, Cai Be, ☎ +84 933 449 391, . An eco-resort set in a large and well-landscaped green area with good food, pure atmosphere and nice people, typical of Mekong Delta. Request a garden view bungalow if you are light sleepers. from US$60. edit
- Mekong Rustic homestay, Tan Thien, Tan Phong island, Cai Be, ☎ +84 978 581 143, . We also offer 2 home stay choices containing 7 rooms with standard facilities. Our home stays represent a true slice of traditional life of the Mekong people, albeit a rapidly vanishing traditional life. It was built to highlight the culture, aesthetics and historical realities of the area's past. from US$24. edit