Burlington is a city in the North Cascades region of Washington State.
Burlington does not have an airport which has commercial service. You need to fly into one of these airports and drive or take a bus to Burlington.
- Bellingham International Airport: closest airport with commercial service to Burlington but has limited connections. See Bellingham#Get in for more details. Get to Burlington by going south from the airport on I-5.
- Seattle International Airport: South of Seattle, this is the closest main airport. To get to Burlington from the airport, go north on I-5 for about 80 miles to Burlington. See Seattle#Get in for details.
- Vancouver International Airport: Although it lies across the international border, the Airport really isn't that far and can be useful in some occasions. See Vancouver#Get in for details.
Burlington lies at the intersection of WA-20 and I-5.
- From Seattle, take I-5 north about 65 miles (a little more than an hour without traffic) to Burlington.
- From Vancouvertake BC-99 and I-5 south for about 80 miles to Burlington.
- From Eastern Washington: in summer you can take SR-20 (the North Cascades Hwy) across from the Methow Valley area, in winter WA-20 is closed and you must take US-2 or I-90 to the Puget sound area and then drive north to Burlington.
Amtrak Cascades offers service to the Mount Vernon station, which is next to Burlington, to Vancouver and Seattle.
Burlington has recently been overrun by sprawl-type restaurant chains. But there are still a few quality places to eat.
- El Gitano - Burlington, 624 E. Fairhaven Ave., . The original location of the local family-run Mexican restaurant chain. They feature fresh ingredients and attention to authenticity from family recipes. edit
- Tacos Guaymas, 590 S Burlington Blvd.. Tacos Guaymas is a local's favorite featuring a variety of Mexican restaurant plates, and taqueria dishes. The burritos are delicious and huge. edit
- Cafe Burlington, 331 East Fairhaven, . Cafe Burlington emphasizes local and homemade foods that emphasize the best of what Skagit County has to offer. edit
- Cascade Brewery, 400 W. Rio Vista Ave, .
Brand new (March 2008) brewery serving a wide variety of local hand-crafted beers and an extensive food menu. CLOSED edit
- Sakura Japanese Steak House, 1830 S Burlington Blvd., ☎ 360-588-4821, . Japanese steakhouse where the chefs prepare your dish on a hot grill right in front of you. Also features a sushi bar, and many other Japanese food selections. edit
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 1003 Goldenrod Rd, ☎ +1 360 755-7338, . edit
|Routes through Burlington