Bucksport is a town in Hancock County, Maine.
Take Route 1 from Kittery all the way up the beautiful coast to Bucksport. Turn left at the lights once you have gone over the Verona Island bridge.
- Penobscot Narrows Observatory, . The first bridge observation tower in the United States and the tallest public bridge observatory in the world (420 feet, 128 m), offers views of the bridge itself, the parallel Waldo-Hancock Bridge, the nearby Fort Knox State Historic Site, the Penobscot River and Bay. The observatory is accessed through the Fort Knox site for a $5 admission fee (in addition to the $3 Fort Knox admission fee).
- Fort Knox State Historic Site, . $3.
- Jonathan Buck Monument. Bucksport founder of considerable legend.
- Buck Memorial Library, Main Street, 207-469-2650, . M-F 10AM-5PM and Sa 10AM-12noon.
- Bucksport Bay Area Chamber of Commerce, 52 Main St., 207-469-6818, . For all your local information!
- Bittersweet Gift Shop, 81 Main St., 207-469-5971, .
- BookStacks, 71 Main St., 207-469-8992, .
- Shutter Images:, 65 Main St., 207-469-7741, .
- Sundial Framing & Photography, 82 Main St., Bucksport. 207-469-6060, .
- Wahl's Dairy Mart, 79 Main Street. The best ice cream around!
- The Dairy Port, located almost immediately off the water. Natives from as far away as Bangor and Old Town come to the official opening of this home-made ice cream store. Standing room only.
- Orland House Bed & Breakfast, 10 Narramissic Drive, Orland. 207-469-1144, .