Buchholz in der Nordheide is a small town on the northern edge of Lüneburg Heath - a major tourist region in Lower Saxony, Germany.
Buchholz ist the largest town in the district of Harburg in Lower Saxony and is part of the Hamburg Metropolitan Region. It is about 20 km south of Hamburg, about 120 km north of Hanover and some 80 km northeast of Bremen.
The borough of Buchholz is home to the Brunsberg, the region's highest hill (129 metres) which lies within a nature reserve between Buchholz and Tostedt.
- From Hanover Take exit 56-Kreuz Hanover/Kirchhorst for A7 toward Altwarmbüchen. Follow signs for Hamburg/Bremen/A7 and merge onto A7. Take exit 37-Horster Dreieck to merge onto A7 toward Flensburg/Kiel/Hamburg (West)/Bremen. Take exit 37 to merge onto A1. Take exit 42-Dibbersen for B75 toward Buchholz i.d.N./Nenndorf. Turn right onto B75 (signs for Buchholz i.d. Nordheide/Dibbersen. Turn left onto Dibberser Str./K13 (signs for Buchholz i.d. N./Stadtmitte). Turn right onto Schützenstraße.
- From Hamburg Continue onto A1. Take exit 40-Horster Dreieck to merge onto A1 toward Bremen. Take exit 42-Dibbersen for B75 toward Buchholz i.d.N./Nenndorf. Turn right onto B75 (signs for Buchholz i.d. Nordheide/Dibbersen). Turn left onto Dibberser Str./K13 (signs for Buchholz i.d. N./Stadtmitte. Turn right onto Schützenstraße.
- Car There are a number of different activites that are outside of Buchholz and it will be easier to get to them by car.
- Schwarze Berge Wildlife Park (Wildpark Schwarze Berge), Am Wildpark 1, 21224 Rosengarten-Vahrendorf, ☎ 04081 977470, . Summer – 0800-1800 Winter – 0900-1700. The wildlife park houses over 1000 animals where they live in open air enclosures. There are a variety of animals including red deer, mouflon, wild boars, wolves, owls, badgers, beaver, raccoon and foxes. There is also the chance to see the feeding of the wolves and during the summer season you can experience a falconry show. You can get hands on in the petting zoo where you can have the chance to feed pigs or if your little ones have had enough of seeing animals they can also enjoy the play park. Adult €8.50 Child (3-15) €6.50. edit
- Moisburg Mill Museum (Mühlenmuseum Moisburg), Auf dem Damm 1, 21647 Moisburg, ☎ 04165 6575, . Sat-Sun 1100-1700. The Moisburger mill was first mentioned in the 14th Century, it is here to inform visitors the history of the mill. One of the mills water wheels is still functioning and regularly grinds grain for bread in the region. Adult €3. edit
- Am Kiekeberg Open Air Museum (Freilichtmuseum am Kiekeberg), Am Kiekeberg 1, 21224 Rosengarten-Ehestorf, ☎ 04079 01760, . Summer (Mar-Oct) Tue-Fri 0900-1700 Sat, Sun and Public holidays 1000-1800 Winter (Nov-Feb) Tue-Sat 1000-1600. This open air museum is spread over 12 acres of land with over 30 historic buildings. This is here to show you how people used to live in the north of Luneburg Heath. There are a number of animals on site for you to truly experience what life would have been like. There are a number of demonstrations that happen such as craft, forging, weaving and baking demonstrations. Adult €7. edit
- Mountain biking, . There are 3 mountain bike tours available in the Rose garden that offer a total length of 3km, this is fun for beginners and experienced riders. The tracks are partly on forest roads that can lead through the mountains. edit
- Bike rides, . There are six exciting tours that can take you through the Regional Park Rose Garden which can be fun for everyone. edit
- Walking, . There are 11 different routes that will take you through the park land where you can see the mountains, forests, fields and meadows. There are plenty of rest stops in case you want to enjoy a refreshment. edit
- Nordic walking, . There are a number of different tours which will take you through the wooded hills of the Haake and the heath; this is a good work out for the whole body. edit
- Weekly market, Einkaufen Spaß, 21244 Buchholz, . Wed&Sat 0700-1300. This takes place every Wednesday and Saturday where you can buy local produce. edit
- Caspari, Kirchenstrasse 6, 21244 Buchholz, ☎ 04181 97374, . This modern restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine; you can relax with one of their cocktails or snack on tapas. There is also the opportunity to enjoy brunch on a Sunday where there is a large selection of dishes. There is also a lounge bar where you can enjoy a drink or watch football on the large screens that they provide. Buffet Adult €12.90 Child (up to 10) €6.50. edit
- Lim's Restaurant, Breite Strasse 10, 21244 Buchholz, ☎ 04181 292011, . Mon-Thu 0900-2400 Fri-Sat 0900-0100 Sun 1000-2400. A modern restaurant serving a wide variety of food from, Baked potatoes, steaks, pizzas and Salads. The restaurant was based on the idea of the Hard Rock Café chain, they also have live entertainment whilst you enjoy your meal. edit
- Anders, Kirchenstraße 10, 21244 Buchholz, ☎ 04181 1375268, . Tue-Thu 1700-2400 Fri-Sat 1700-0100. A stylish restaurant and bar where you can enjoy a glass of wine from the extensive wine menu with some tapas. They also serve a variety of other dishes such as pasta, steaks and vegetables. edit
- Anders, Kirchenstraße 10, 21244 Buchholz, ☎ 04181 1375268, . Tue-Thu 1700-2400 Fri-Sat 1700-0100. A chance to enjoy a glass of wine from their extenisve menu in a confortable environment. They also serve a variety of cocktails which will be enjoyable on a summers day. edit
- Goodnight Lounge, Breite Strasse 17, 21244 Buchholz, ☎ 04181 9909798, . Fri, Sat & Public holidays 1800-late. You are spoilt for choice in the bar with their speciality cocktails and wide-range of wine. The bar is set within an old bakery with its high vaulted ceilings where as the party room is modern and cosy, you can chill out and lounge around as much as you want. edit
- ACHAT Plaza, Lindenstr. 21, 21244 Buchholz in der Nordheide, ☎ 04181 9190, . checkin: From 15:00 hours; checkout: Until 11:00 hours. This modern 4 star hotel allows you to unwind in their peaceful rooms. There is also the opportunity to make use of the spa area, where you can relax in the sauna or steam room. If your feeling a little bit more active you can also try out the hotels fitness room or swimming pool. There is an onsite restaurant where you can enjoy a meal and a glass of wine after a hard day’s sight seeing. Between €80-€110. edit
- Flair Hotel zur Eiche, Steinbecker Straße 111, 21244 Buchholz in der Nordheide, ☎ 04181 2000, . checkin: 15:00 - 22:00; checkout: 07:00 - 11:00. Is a small stylish family run country hotel with a unique ambience. There is an onsite restaurant where you can experience some regional delicacies as well as traditional German cuisine and fresh fish. €90. edit
- Hotel Frommann, Harburger Str. 8, 21244 Buchholz / Dibbersen, ☎ 04181 2870, . This hotel offers the opportunity to recover in the rural countryside. As well as a restaurant, the hotel built a small brewery for people to enjoy home-brewed beer along with some traditional German food. You can also enjoy some home made cakes in the coffee garden is weather permits it. €42-€112. edit
- Langasthof-Hoheluft, Hoheluft 1, 21244 Buchholz-Meilsen, ☎ 04181 92110, . This hotel is here to make you feel at home where the rooms are set in a comfortable environment for you to relax in after a days sight seeing. It is situated close to Hamburg and Luneburg Heath where you can enjoy what the cities have to offer. €67-€85. edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!