Bridgewater is a city in New Jersey.
- By Plane The nearest major commercial airport is Newark Liberty International Airport, about 30 miles away. Locals also use John F. Kennedy International Airport and LaGuardia Airport in New York City, as well as Philadelphia International Airport in Philadelphia. From the Airport, take the TransBridgeLines bus to Branchburg, NJ (this is a park and ride stop so arrange for a cab pickup or a friend to meet you here ahead of time, the Branchburg stop has no facilities). The Branchburg stop is around 3 miles from central Bridgewater. Another option is to take the NJ Transit Train, which will require a connection at Newark Penn Station (see below).
- By Train Bridgewater is served by the Bound Brook, Bridgewater, Somerville, and Raritan stations on the Raritan Valley Line. Because it is not electrified, the Raritan Valley Line terminates at Newark Penn Station, and a connection is required to go to New York City. If you are coming from Newark Airport, take any train headed towards New York, get off at Newark Penn Station (the very next stop), and board the next Raritan Valley Line train towards "Raritan" or "High Bridge." The most connections are available locally at Somerville Station, which is also most convenient to most of the corporate parks and business locales within Bridgewater. Cabs are usually available to meet trains at Somerville Station, and local busses run on weekdays to the Bridgewater Commons Mall.
- By Bus Commuter Bus Service is provided by TransBridgeLines to a park-and-ride facility in Branchburg, NJ on US 202. This service usually takes just over one hour from NYC and sometimes stops at Newark Airport on the way. Certain runs make a stop at the MetLife office building in Bridgewater, but most go straight to Branchburg, which is just 3 miles away. Heading west, TransBridge provides service to/from Flemington, Frenchtown, Lambertville, and Bethlehem, Pa. This is by far the fastest transit option from NYC or Newark Airport to the Bridgewater area. However, as noted above, the Branchburg bus stop is a highway park-and-ride facility with no indoor waiting area - make previous arrangements for a ride or a cab. NJ Transit runs Bus 114 from New York City, however this is a local service and takes over two hours - use this if you are headed to other NJ towns, such as Plainfield. Susquehanna Trailways runs busses twice daily to/from Williamsport, PA (going to New York). This bus stops in downtown Somerville NJ. WHEELS 884 is a local service that provides service to/from Clinton, NJ which is approx. 15 miles away.
- By Car Despite proposed transit improvements for Central Jersey, private car remains by far the easiest way to get to Bridgewater. Interstate 287 (exit 17 if you are approaching ON 287 south, exit 14B if you are approaching ON 287 north) provide access to the town. US 22, US 202/206, and NJ 28 all converge at the Somerville Circle, a major (and notoriously dangerous) intersection in Central Jersey.
Bridgewater is a relatively car dependent town. If you find yourself car-less in the 'burbs, NJ Transit can get you around to a certain extend. Rail service on the Raritan Valley line has stations at Bound Brook, Bridgewater, Somerville, and Raritan. The Bridgewater station is located in the far eastern end of the town, and Somerville station is probably more convenient for most purposes. If you are looking to get a cab, they are usually available to meet trains at Somerville Station. If you are elsewhere and need to call for a cab, SkyView Cab serves the area, call (908) 725-2233. Local busses do exist to take you between Somerville, and the Bridgewater mall, but do not traverse much else of the town.
- Washington Camp Ground (also known as Middlebrook encampment), just north of Bound Brook, a section of the area where George Washington's army camped during the winter of 1778-79.
- The United States Bicycling Hall of Fame, 908-393-9384, .
- Commerce Bank Ballpark, . Home of the Somerset Patriots.
- Middlebrook Trail, . Located mostly in Bridgewater and home to many plants and animals, it features projects made by Eagle Scouts and other generous contributors. This scenic trail would not be complete with out the bridges, boardwalks, and stairs on steep hills built by it's volunteers. edit
- AMC Dine-In Theatre, 400 Commons Way Bridgewater, NJ, ☎ (908)725-2005. located inside the Bridgewater Commons Mall. Guests can enjoy a relaxing day or evening with full dining service while sitting back and enjoying any current movie. Guests must be 18 years or older or accompanied by a parents or guardian that is 21 years or older. Ticket Pricing: Adult: $10.00 Child (age 2-12): $7.50 (Premium experience charge may apply). Real 3D experience: $3-$4 upcharge per ticket (varies by film) edit
- Duke Island Park. A site of rich natural beauty which offers a variety of recreational activities. It is a 343-acre site and has space to hold special events for park visitors. The park includes a bike trail, five picnic areas, grills, a river trail, and a playground. The park also takes reservations for groups of 20 or more. There is a softball field available by permit for leagues and tournaments or can be used for recreational purposes when it is not in use. It is located on Old York Road in Bridgewater and can be contacted through the North Branch Park Headquarters at (908) 722-1200. edit
- Bridgewater Sports Arena, 1425 Frontier Road, ☎ (732)627-0006. a place for sports, fun, fitness, and families. The Bridgewater Sports Arena is a facility that caters to both families and athletes by providing an atmosphere packed with activities for all ages and abilities. The arena has two ice rinks, lazer tag, arcade, and more. The ice arena offers figure skating programs, skating lessons, hosts hockey games, and offers free skate time. BSA is also a great place for parties of all ages. edit
- Kids Street Park, ☎ (908)725-6373. The park is located near the intersection of Commons Way and Hanlon Drive. The park has plenty of space for kids to run around and play and includes wooden structures, sandbox, swings, ziplines, and a big group swing. There is also a picnic area with plenty of seating for the whole family. The park is well fenced in and remains mostly shady for the day. edit
- North Branch Park, 355 Milltown Road, Bridgewater, NJ, ☎ (908)722-1200. This 194-acre park offers about a mile of outlook along the Raritan River, providing location to either relax or even fish. Acquired in 1961, this park is used not only for major exhibits and shows, but also the annual 4H Fair. With two picnic areas available for either corporations or families, equipped with picnic tables, a newly installed playground, and two softball fields, the park is a great place to kick back or gather as a group. Not to mention the scenic wildlife, soccer field, and flying field, which are also available on a casual basis. edit
- Grape Expectations, 25E Kearney St., Bridgewater, NJ, ☎ (732)764-9463, . Grape Expectations is a winery that allows its guests to be involved in the process of winemaking from start to finish. From crushing and pressing your grapes, to bottling and racking your oak-barreled choice wine, you have the option of creating up to 25 different varieties of wines with grapes from California, Italy & South America. edit
- Bridgewater Commons, . A regional shopping mall. The Bridgewater commons mall is a fully enclosed mall that includes shopping, dining, and entertainment. It is located at 400 Commons Way and can be contacted at (908) 218-0001. Hours: Mon-Sat 10:00am-9:00pm Sun 11:00am-6:00pm. The mall is located at the intersection of U.S. Route 22 and U.S. Route 202/U.S. The mall includes department stores such as Bloomingdales, Macy’s, Lord and Taylor, as well as over 170 retailors. In addition, the mall has restaurants and an AMC Dine-In movie theatre.
- The Bridgewater Promenade, 119 Promenade Blvd, Bridgewater NJ (Located off Exit 13 toward Bound Brook/Somerville from I-287 S), ☎ (732)564-0360. This shopping mall is anchored by stores such as Target, Home Depot, Costco, Babies ‘R’ Us, Pepboys, Marshall, Michael’s Arts and Crafts, Chuck E Cheese's, and Old Navy. edit
There are numerous restaurants in Bridgewater, as well as the greater Bridgeawater/Central Somerset County area. In addition to the Food Court at the Bridgewater Commons Mall, there is a Chipotle Mexican Grill in "The Village," a shopping center that is connected to the mall. Thai Kitchen, a high quality, but relatively inexpensive thai restaurant has branches on Prince Rodgers Ave. as well as at the Somerville Circle. The shopping center on Prince Rodgers Ave, between the mall and the public library also contains "Bombay Diner," an Indian restaurant.
Overview of Bridgewater restaurants:
Prince Rodger's Ave:
Bridgewater Towne Centre (On US 202):
Wegman's Food Markets
On Route 22:
- Green Knoll Grille, 645 U.S. 202 Bridgewater, NJ, ☎ (908)526-7090. This is another local popular bar and grill restaurant that caters to both families and college students. Green Knoll Grille has three indoor dining rooms, and indoor bar, as well as a large outdoor patio seating and tiki bar. The outside patio include two swing sets for the kids to play while the rest of the family enjoys their outdoor dining experience and are able to keep a close eye on the kids. The restaurant includes 13 TV’s, so you are guaranteed to catch your favorite sports team in action. It features daily food and drink specials, along with weekly events for children and adults. At night, the restaurant transforms into an atmosphere for young adults to come in for drinks and enjoy live outdoor music or a edit
- Willie McBrides, 1270 Easton Turnpike, Branchburg NJ, ☎ (908)722-1113. Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:00am. This Irish Pub and Restaurant, located on the border of Bridgewater and Branchburg, is a great place for family and friends to dine or for college kids to meet up on the nights and weekends. Willie McBrides serves contemporary American cuisine and traditional Irish fare. It’s a great place to socialize and enjoy delicious and relatively inexpensive food and drinks. edit
- Rita's, 1359 Prince Rogers Ave, ☎ (908)707-9090. located across from the Prince Rogers baseball fields. It is known for its Italian ice but also offers a great selection of treats for all guests. Included on their menu is their classic old-fashioned custard that can be served in several different ways. edit
- The Bridgewater Diner, 1244 Rt 22, Bridgewater, NJ, ☎ (908)725-8118. Sunday 6am-11pm, Mon-Thurs 6am-12am, Fri-Sat 6am-1am. The diner is located right after exiting interstate 287 North at 14B. This makes it a prime hot spot for either commuters, friends or family to meet up and enjoy a meal. With practically around the clock service, this diner is always prepared to serve food and deserts to its’ hungry customers. edit
- Toscana's, 474 Route 28, Bridgewater, NJ (Villa Plaza), ☎ (908)595-2000, . Monday - Friday : 10.30am - 9.30pm, Saturday : 11.00am - 9.30pm, Sunday : 11.30am - 9.00pm. Toscana's is an authentic Italian restaurant of Bridgewater that caters to family, friends, parties, or companies. This restaurant has a dining area that can accommodate up to 50 guests, and features different specials 5 nights a week, along with weekend specials. Toscana's is a great place to get pizza (either by the slice or pie), or enjoy an authentic Italian meal. edit
- Gabriel's Fountain, 1948 Washington Valley Rd, Bridgewater, NJ ((From Rt. 78): Take exit 33 (Martinsville-Bernardsville) and head south on Martinsvill Rd. (Rt. 525) for about 3 mi. At the light, turn left onto Washington Valley Rd. (Rt. 620), Gabriel's is about 1/5 mi. on the right.), ☎ (732)469-5800, . This family-style restaurant offers a wide range of options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or desert. You can either eat-in, take-out, have food catered, or reserve space for a party at Gabriel's. Chose to dine inside, on their patio, in the sun room, upstairs at a table for two, or just stop by to pick up some of their homemade ice cream. This ice cream menu itself features more than 40 flavors, 30 toppings, and your choices of gelatos or sorbets. Or, chose to order from their specialty ice cream sundaes menu, or even pick up a home made ice cream cake (made to order). You may even catch live music, or themed specials, which are often offered on holidays or through out the week. edit
- Coffe Grinder Cafe, 486 State Route 28, Bridgewater, NJ, ☎ (908)595-9400, . Monday-Friday: 6 am - 3 pm, Weekends: 6 am - 2 pm. This bagel shop and deli serves coffee, baked goods, breakfast and lunch. Choose from over 20 different kinds of bagels, 10 flavors of cream cheeses, or grilled and deli sandwiches, to either dine-in or take to go. edit
- Sushi House, 1339 Prince Rogers Ave., Bridgewater, NJ, ☎ (908)252-9948. Lunch: Mon - Fri, 11:30am - 2:30pm. Dinner: Mon - Thu, 4:30pm - 10pm; Fri, Sat, 4:30pm - 11pm; Sun, 4pm - 9:30pm. Enjoy a Japanese cuisine of sushi, sashimi, soups, salads, appetizers, and entrees off the hibachi grill menu. Low calorie, natural, sugar-free, and vegetarian options as well. Have the option of taking out, or eating in at this restaurant. Features 30 tables in-doors, and available outdoor seating. edit
- McCarthy's Bar and Grill, 600 East Main Street Bridgewater, NJ 08807, ☎ 908-526-1420. This local bar and grill promises to never miss a game on their flat screen TV's placed around the restaurant. McCarthy's has a high energy atmosphere and holds events and private parties. The menu consists of a variety of food with reasonable prices. edit
- The Office Beer Bar and Grill, 728 Thompson Avenue Bridgewater, NJ 08807, ☎ 732-469-0066. This location has a fun and friendly atmosphere for both friends and family. Each location has a new menu and a craft centric beer selection. They also feature different specials every day and a generous happy hour menu. edit
- Bridgewater Marriott, 700 Commons Way, 908-927-9300  Hotel features 12 meeting rooms and the 8,556 square-foot Grand Ballroom. Amenities include an indoor pool, whirl pool, fitness center, cocktail lounge, and restaurant. Located off of I-287 and across from the Bridgewater Commons Mall.
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Bridgewater, 530 Route 22 East, 908-725-0800  Hyatt Summerfield Suites - Bridgewater is the perfect home away from home, blending sophisticated surroundings with friendly service. Conveniently located in central New Jersey, the property is locate just minutes from major pharmaceutical companies and other business centers.
- Hilton Garden Inn, 500 Promednade Boulevard Bridgewater, NJ 08807, ☎ 732-271-9030. There is no booking fee and they provide complimentary Wi-Fi and refridgerators and microwaves in every room. This hotel offers rooms for meetings and events and is there to help with services and amenities. The hotel includes a state of the art fitness center, swimming pool, and whirl pool. edit
A list of a few places to get a gym membership in and around the Bridgewater area.
- Gold's Gym, 462 New Jersey 28 Bridgewater, NJ, ☎ (908)595-1111,  Open Monday-Thursday:05:00AM-11:00PM Friday: 05:00AM-10:00PM Saturday-Sunday: 07:00AM-06:00PM.
- Fitzone Health Club,Rt 202/206, Somerset Shopping Center, Bridgewater, NJ,☎(908)704-8000,  Open Mon.- Fri.5:00am-11:00pm, Sat.7:30am-6:00pm, Sun.7:30am-4:00pm.
- Snap Fitness, 3150 Rt 22, Branchburg, NJ,☎(908)363-1160,  24 Hour access, Staffed Hours:Sunday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Monday 2:30 PM - 9:00 PM,Tuesday 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM,Wednesday 2:30 PM - 9:00 PM,Thursday 2:30 PM - 9:00 PM,Friday 2:30 PM - 8:00 PM,Saturday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM.
- Somerville, NJ (From the Somerville Circle, take the RT-28 E/W End Ave exit, and turn left onto RT-28/Somerset St. Continue to follow Rt-28. Turns into [1-39] W Main St.). ☎ (908)541-1600, http://www.findsomerville.com/. Downtown Somerville, located right outside of Bridgewater, is home to over 40 restaurants, 80 stores to shop in, and a safe, security provided atmosphere for it’s visitors. Stop by to run an errand, or spend either the day or night enjoying everything that Main Street has to offer. The illuminated, lively street frequently is the showcase for special events such as the vintage car show, St. Patrick’s Day Parade, etc.
Wikipedia:Bridgewater, New Jersey