Branson  is in the Ozarks and the southwest region of Missouri.
Branson is a city in Taney County, Missouri, United States. It was named for Rueben Branson, postmaster and operator of a general store in the area in the 1880s. The population was 6,050 at the 2000 census. The Branson Micropolitan Statistical Area embraces Stone County, Missouri and Taney County, Missouri.
Today it is sometimes referred to as a "family-friendly Las Vegas" because of the numerous shows and attractions, as well as the flashy building decorations and neon lights. The "strip" as it has been named, draws people from far and wide.
If shows are not your thing then check out one of the three lakes Branson has to offer. Lake Taneycomo's clear cold waters provide some of the finest trout fishing available anywhere in the world. Table Rock Lake as well as Bull Shoals Lake offer a variety of recreational activities including hiking, sightseeing, hunting, skin diving, fishing, and water sports such as swimming, boating, water skiing etc.
Maybe it is Golfing that swings your attention. Branson has an array of golf courses sure to please the newest beginner to the most professional golfer.
- M. Graham Clark - Taney County Airport , for private plane traffic, is located adjacent to Branson in Point Lookout, Missouri, next to the College of the Ozarks.
- Branson Airport , only eight miles south of Branson, Missouri, is Branson's major carrier local airport and began official operation effective May 11, 2009. Currently, AirTran Airways provides nonstop service to its main hub in Atlanta as well as Milwaukee. Sun Country flies to Minneapolis/St.Paul and Dallas/Fort Worth nonstop.
- Springfield-Branson Regional Airport  is about 50 miles from Branson, servicing the following air travel providers:
- Allegiant Air  (non-stop service only to/from Las Vegas, Tampa, and Orlando; no connections)
- American Eagle 
- Delta Connection 
- United Express 
- Boone County Regional Airport  in Harrison, Arkansas, is closer (31 miles), but has only one carrier (Mesa Airlines ).
Other options include NW Arkansas Regional Airport in Bentonville, 97 miles or about a 2 hour drive away though the Mark Twain Nat'l Forest (includes some steep curves over hilly terrain -- this is the only airport whose land route is through the forest). The nearest major airports are Tulsa 216 miles, Kansas City 233 miles, and St. Louis (Lambert) 255 miles. St. Louis has some international flights, as well as some major tourist attractions of its own to see.
From most locations, take I-44 to Springfield, then south on US 65 (exit 82A). From the west, use the US 60/160 connector just before entering Springfield (exit 69).
New in 2006, Branson Landing is mall located in downtown Branson on Lake Tanneycomo. Anchored by Bass Pro Shops and Hudson Belk, it contains 100 stores and several restaurants. Check out the huge waterfront fountain in the central square where every 30 minutes you can see choreographed fire, water, and light shows set to music. Also nearby is the Branson Hilton and Convention Center which opened in 2007.
Riding the Ducks is very popular and a favorite with kids. The "ducks" as they are affectionately called are based on the DUKW a World War II amphibious landing vehicle. The tour will take you on a ride through town and then into the lake for a short cruise.
The Branson Scenic Railroad operates out of the historic Branson Train Depot located downtown. The railroad takes you on a 40 mile round trip ride through the beautiful Ozark countryside using vintage train engines and cars from the 1930's through 1960's. They also offer nightly dinner trips and a Polar Express tour during November and December.
The Branson Belle is a recreation of a classic riverboat that has lunch and dinner cruises with live entertainment on Table Rock Lake.
The most popular attraction in Branson is Silver Dollar City a family friendly theme park similar to "Dollywood" in Tennessee. It has dozens of arts & crafts and specialty shops, rides, shows, and restaurants. You should plan on spending at least 2 days at Silver Dollar City.
The Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Drama is one of the longest running local attractions. See the events of Harold Bell Wrights classic novel reenacted by a huge cast of actors and stuntmen. During the day you can also visit a recreation of Old Matt's cabin and travel to the top of Inspiration Tower where you can see all the way into Arkansas on a clear day.
If you have spare time between shows or just need to sit and relax, try stopping by the Branson Mall where you can watch a free show or two.
- Cedar Mountain Stables, 612 Devil's Pool Rd, ☎ 417-335-2777 ext. 7107, . Located at Big Cedar on Table Rock Lake, this stable offers a variety of activities and events including: pony rides, horseback rides, carriage rides, campfire wagon tours & holiday light tours. edit
- Top of the Rock Golf Course, 612 Devil's Pool Rd, ☎ (417) 335-2777, . Part of Big Cedar, this Jack Nicklaus signature golf Course is located at Table Rock Lake, just outside of Branson, MO. The Par 3 course is also part of the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program. edit
- Big Cedar Spa, 612 Devil’s Pool Rd, ☎ 417-339-5201, . This spa near Branson, MO offers a variety of services including luxury spa treatments, nail service, certified personal trainers, & more. Treatments for guests under 15 years old are also available. edit
- Stone Hill Winery, 601 State Highway 165, ☎ 417-334-1897, . Located on highway 165. Take the free tour of the winery and enjoy free samples of their locally produced wines and grape juice for the kids. edit
- Silver Dollar City
- The Grand Palace 
The most popular attraction in Branson is Silver Dollar City a theme park similar to "Dollywood" in Tennessee. It has arts, crafts, rides and restaurants. You should plan on spending at least 2 days at Silver Dollar City.
The Branson Belle is a "river boat" that was built next to Table Rock Lake and has lunch and dinner cruises with entertainment.
Riding the Ducks is also very popular. They are WWII amphibious vehicles that take you around town and then into the lake for a short cruise.
Branson has over 50 live entertainment theaters, as well as the largest Titanic museum in the world. Shows range from singing (Andy Williams for example) to Chinese Acrobats. One of the better and more popular shows is SIX, 6 brothers who do a variety show including accompanying their songs with the sounds of musical instruments produced by the voices of the brothers.
Branson Landing is a year old mall on Lake Tanneycomo with 100 stores and restaurants.
- Hollywood Wax Museum, 3030 W. Hwy. 76, ☎ 417-337-8277, . The Hollywood Wax Museum is the only wax museum in the country devoted entirely to celebrity figures. Get close to some of the most famous people in show business and step right into the spotlight with icons of the silver screen, recreated so faithfully that you'd swear they are were alive. The Hollywood Wax Museum houses tons of uncanny replicas, from Hollywood stars to television personalities to characters from your favorite movies. edit
- Bass Pro Shop, 1 Bass Pro Dr, ☎ 417-243-5200, . Located at Branson Landing. Check out their huge indoor aquarium stocked with native fish species. edit
- Dick's 5 and 10, 103 West Main Street, ☎ 417-334-2410. Located in downton Branson. Take a step back in time and visit Dick's 5 and 10. Lots of hard to find old-timey trinkets and collectibles. edit
- A Taste of Missouri  417.338.WINE, 9308 E. Hwy 76, Branson West
- Gifts of Distinction Located at the Branson Landing
There are 3 outlet malls with over 200 stores.
- Vintage Paris Wine/Coffee Shop, ☎ 417-239-0399. An adorable little coffee and wine shop where you can sip, shop and even sit and enjoy a latte or glass of wine on the inviting leather couch. edit
- Legends In Concert, 1600 W. Hwy. 76, ☎ 417-339-3003, . Tues. - Thurs.. Legends In Concert, the World's Greatest Live Tribute Show, is now playing at Dick Clark's American Bandstand Theater! Having entertained audiences around the globe for the past 28 years, Legends In Concert brings glitz, glamour, exciting choreography and high energy to the stage with tribute performances by Michael Jackson, Bette Midler, Alan Jackson, The Temptations, George Strait, Dolly Parton, The Blues Brothers, Elvis Presley & more! Show times are 3 & 8 pm Tuesday through Thursday. edit
- Cantina Laredo, ☎ 417-334-6062, . Upscale Mexican restaurant located at Branson Landing. Try the fresh guacamole made tableside. edit
- Charley's Grilled Subs, ☎ 417-337-7334. Located at Branson Landing. Excellent cheesteaks. edit
- Ernie Biggs Dueling Piano Bar and Grille, ☎ 417-239-3670, . edit
- Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que, ☎ 417-334-4858, . edit
- Garfield's Restaurant & Pub, ☎ 417-335-3701, . edit
- Joe's Crab Shack, ☎ 417-337-7373, . Located at Branson Landing. Very affordable happy hour specials. edit
- Romano's Macaroni Grill, ☎ 417-334-6777, . edit
- Shorty Small's, ☎ 417-544-1133, . Located at Branson Landing. Excellent ribs and the best if not biggest plate of nachos in town. edit
- Waxy O'Shea's Irish Pub, ☎ 417-348-1759, . Located at Branson Landing. Authentic Irish pub with live music on the weekends. edit
- White River Fish House, 5 Bass Pro Drive, ☎ 417-243-5100, . editLocated at Branson Landing.</eat>
- Rocky's Italian Restaurant, 120 North Sycamore Street, ☎ 417-335-4765. Family owned and operated Italian restaurant within walking distance of Branson Landing. Some of the best Italian food in town. They also have very affordable lunch specials. edit
- The Shack Cafe, 108 South Commercial Street, ☎ 417-334-3490. Located downtown. A local favorite for years, famous for their fried chicken and rotating daily specials. edit
- Landry's Seafood House, 2900 West 76 Country Boulevard, ☎ 417-339-1010, . edit
- Fall Creek Steak & Catfish House, 997 State Hwy 165, ☎ 336-5060, . Located on highway 165. The previous Fall Creek Steak house burned and was rebuilt at twice the size. edit
- The Rowdy Beaver Restaurant & Tavern, 1810 West 76 Country Boulevard, ☎ 417-334-7409, . New in 2010. Located on highway 76. Typical sports bar type restaurant. edit
- Dana's Bar-B-Que, 963 St. Hwy 165, ☎ 417-337-5527, . Excellent pulled pork sandwiches and they are also said to have the best burger in town. edit
- Candlestick Inn, 127 Taney St., ☎ 417-334-3633, . Located on the hill above Branson Landing. Fine dining overloooking Taneycomo and downtown Branson. edit
Grand Country Buffet has a wide selection of well prepared food. There are coupons for buy one get 2nd meal at 1/2 price. Total cost for 2 is around $14.00.
Another bargain is Culver's a regional chain that has a good selection, excellent quality and very reasonable prices.
- Worman House, 612 Devil's Pool Rd, ☎ 417-335-2777, . This Missouri steakhouse at Big Cedar features USDA prime steak, freshwater fish and seafood and extensive wine list. Rooms available for small celebrations or family gatherings. edit
- Truman Smokehouse, 612 Devil's Pool Rd, ☎ 417-335-2777. A specialty shop at Big Cedar offering freshly baked pastries, sandwiches and sides. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the summer. Wireless internet available. edit
- Top of the Rock Restaurant, 612 Devil's Pool Rd, ☎ 417-335-2777, . Located on the Top of the Rock Golf Course at Big Cedar, this restaurant features homemade pastas, Signature Rotisserie Chicken and grilled steaks and seafood. edit
- Buzzard Bar, 612 Devils Pool Rd, ☎ 417-335-2777, . Located at Big Cedar, this bar near Branson, MO features live entertainment, specialty drinks, comfortable indoor/outdoor seating and a great selection of sandwiches and salads. edit
- Devil’s Pool Restaurant, 612 Devil’s Pool Rd, ☎ 417-335-2777, . This casual dining restaurant, located at Big Cider, features southern home-style fare in a comfortable, rustic setting. Breakfast buffet and Champagne Sunday Brunch available. Sunday Brunch (10AM-2PM), Breakfast (7-11AM), Lunch (11AM-2PM), Dinner (5-9:30PM), Breakfast Buffet (Saturday/Sunday only) edit
- Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Dinner and Show  800.520.5101
Dixie Stampede provides dinner and live entertainment including wild west riding with excellent food and beverages.
Branson has a plethora of condos. You can get a nice condo for $100/night or less. There are also MANY motel rooms generally for $25-$40/night during the winter season.
- Hampton Inn Branson on the Strip, 3695 W. 76 Country Blvd, Branson, Missouri, 65616, ☎ 417-337-5762 ., . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. Located in the heart of the Branson Strip near all the shows, museums, outlet malls and other attractions of Branson, Missouri. Features free hot breakfast daily, free high-speed internet, business center, fitness center and heated indoor pool. edit
- Hampton Inn Branson - Branson Hills, 200 South Payne Stewart Drive, Branson, Missouri, 65616, ☎ 417-243-7800, . checkin: 4pm; checkout: 11am. Perfect location for guests visiting Branson that want a nice quiet location. Features free hot breakfast daily, free high-speed internet in every room, business center, fitness center and allows small pets. edit
- Yellow Rose Inn and Suites, 3140 Falls Parkway, ☎ 417-334-1717, . checkin: 3 PM; checkout: 11 AM. Resort style setting with scenic views of the Ozark Mountains. Clean, quiet rooms with premium pillow top mattress, luxury linens, 40" HDTV's, free WIFI. FREE hot breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Located minutes from all attractions. 62.99. edit
- Branson Vacation Rental Cabins, 225 Freund Dr. Ridgedale, MO 65739 (Hwy 65 south to Hwy 86, west .7 miles), ☎ 318-680-2949, . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 10:00 AM. Log cabins for nightly or weekly rental. Close to all the action with the quiet of the country, 9 miles from the Hwy 76 Strip. Two or three bedroom cabins, wifi, outdoor pool, free golf with your own equipment. Fully equipped kitchens and gas grills. Home away from home! $99-$275. (36.5219840,-93.2590100) edit
- Branson Garden Inn, 1420 West Highway 76, Branson, Missouri 65616, . Located across from Dixie Stampede & Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater.
- Branson Welcome Inn, 2651 Shepherd of the Hills Expy Branson, MO 65616, . Offers pet friendly and spacious discount lodging accommodations near attractions and the Strip.
- Classic Motor Inn (Branson's Classic Motor Inn), 2384 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, ☎ 800-334-6991, . checkin: 2:00 pm; checkout: 11:00 am. Classic Motor Inn is a family owned and operated motel. Classic Motor Inn offers a deluxe continental breakfast, free evening snacks, a pristine outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi, a friendly and helpful staff, and, above all, clean and comfortable rooms. $40 (PLN 139,84) - $65 per night. edit
- Deer Run Motel, 982 Indian Point Road | Branson, MO 65616, ☎ 417.338.2223, . The Deer Run Motel is a Branson Motel just minutes from Silver Dollar City. Ideally located near the famous Branson Theme park, Silver Dollar City, it also provides easy access to Branson's Music Strip. edit
- Ria Motor Inn, 3325 HWY 76 West Branson, MO 65616, . Lodging right on the strip within walking distance to over 100 shows. Prices starting at just $40. Nice rooms, pool, and free continental breakfast.
- Honeysuckle Inn & Conference Center, Toll Free: 800-942-3553, 3598 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, Branson, Missouri 65616, . Four Acres of Fun with 210 Rooms featuring King, Queen & Double Beds, Jacuzzi Suites, Indoor Pool, Hot Tub & Spa, Outdoor Pool, On-Site All You Can Eat Breakfast Buffet, Complementary Continental Breakfast, Conference & Catering Facilities, Ticket Services, In-Room Coffee, Remote Cable Television, High Speed Hot Spot Wireless Internet, Free Local Calls, Guest Laundry, AAA and AARP Discounts, Children Under 11 Stay Free. Located between the IMAX Complex and the RFD-TV Theater, within one block of five major restaurants, only a block off the Strip, and two blocks from the Celebration City Theme Park and the Roy Rogers Museum and Theater.
- Chateau on the Lake Resort Spa & Convention Center, Toll Free: 888-333-LAKE (5253), 415 North State Highway 265 Branson, Missouri 65616, . Luxury, old world charm and refined amenities await you in Branson, Missouri at Chateau on the Lake Resort and Spa.
- Westgate Branson Woods Resort and Cabins, 2201 Roark Valley Road Branson, Missouri 65616, . Traditional resort hotel lodging and accommodations to lodging cabins on 145 wooded acres offering a variety of amenities and access to many activities.
- Westgate Branson Lakes at Emerald Pointe , 750 Emerald Pointe Drive Hollister, Missouri 65672. Westgate Branson Lakes at Emerald Pointe on Table Rock Lake features lodging accommodations with a fully equipped kitchen, spacious dining and family room, and a washer/dryer. Some suite villas offer whirlpool tubs and private decks facing Table Rock.
- Anchor Inn on the Lake Bed and Breakfast, 100 Hurtville Ln., ☎ 1-877-307-9140, . Bed and breakfast on Table Rock Lake. edit
- Falls on the Lake Bed and Breakfast , 417 Dale Ave, Branson, MO 65672 (866) 448-9760. A luxury bed and breakfast that provides lodging.
- Ramada Limited Branson , 2316 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway Branson, 417-337-5207, 417-335-4258.
- Vickery Resort, , Located on Table Rock Lake near State Park Marina and the Show Boat Banson Belle. 1-3 bedroom condos, swimming pool, boat slips and boat rentals. 800-662-0552.
- Outback Roadhosue Motel & Suites , 1910 W Hwy 76. Standard Rooms and Suites. Heated Pool, Hot Tub, Sauna, Party Pavillion With Grills. 1-800-562-0622 or 417-334-7200.
- Branson Missouri Cabins , 245 S. Wildwood Dr. Branson MO 65616. Rental cabins with fully equipped kitchen, washers and dryers, jetted tubs, private decks and more. 1-855-353-0886.
- Thousand Hills Cabin & Golf Resort , 245 S. Wildwood Dr. Branson MO 65616. Branson cabins and rental condos ranging from romantic suites for couples to five bedroom town homes perfect for large families and groups. 1-877-262-0430
- Big Cedar, 612 Devil's Pool Road, 1-800-225-6343, . A family-friendly resort on Table Rock Lake outside of Branson, MO. The resort offers a variety of accommodation options including lodges and private cabins. Featured on-site activities include fishing, golf, horseback riding and hiking.
The term “Okies” is considered a derogatory term that should not be used. Local communities, while often very friendly, are among the most politically conservative in the United States. Social issues from guns to marriage equality to choice are best avoided as topics of conversation.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!