Branford is a city in the Greater New Haven region of Connecticut.
The Branford train station is located on the west side of Maple Street and includes a high-level handicapped accessible south side platform for level boarding and bicycle racks. Shore Line East tickets cannot be purchased at this station. Tickets can be purchased on Shore Line East trains in cash with bills no greater than $20. Fare to New Haven is $3.25 from Branford. Free parking is available for Shore Line East commuters. 
Branford can be reached on I-95. Branford's exits are 53 (only on the northbound side), 54, 55, and 56.
Connecticut Transit's S/S1 bus connects Branford with New Haven, Madison and points inbetween. In Branford it operates on US1 and Main Street. $1.50. Service about once an hour during the day.
Branford is only a few miles away from Tweed New Haven Airport. It is a hub of US Airways. 
Brewer Bruce & Johnson's Marina is conveniently located near New York City and only a few miles from New Haven. In addition, Brewer Bruce and Johnson's is very close to wonderful weekend cruising destinations. The Thimble Islands, with 30 islands for anchoring, birding and exploring, are only three miles away. Port Jefferson, with its great shops, numerous restaurants and historic houses is a short jaunt across the Sound. Additional sites to see include: Stony Creek's Trolley Trail and the Harrison House Museum. With 20 miles of coastline on Long Island Sound, Branford is an idyllic setting for traveling boaters plus offers endless opportunities for hiking, cycling and kayaking. 
- Shore Line Trolley Museum (Branford Electric Railway Association), 17 River Street (East Haven), ☎ 203-467-6927, . Seasonal - check website. Museum features displays and hands-on exhibits, a collection of nearly 100 vintage trolleys, guided tours, and trolley rides along the historic Branford Electric Railway. Located at 17 River St. in nearby East Haven. Children under 2 are free. Open seasonally, scheduling may vary, be sure to see website for details. edit
Branford also has a number of beaches to spend a lazy day in the sun. There are numerous marinas in the town as well, so bring your boat for a fun day in the water. At night be sure to check out Regal Cinemas. With it's easy location right off the highway and showing all the hottest movies, the movie theater is a great way to spend a night out or find something to do on a boring Sunday.
- Regal Cinemas, 325 E MAIN ST, ☎ +1 203. $10.75. edit
- Branford Point Beach. 10AM-10PM (park). edit While visiting the park there are facilities for swimming as well as picnicking. There is a small playground for younger children to enjoy. Fishing is prohibited in the swimming area, but is allowed from the end of the pier. Small boats, canoes, kayaks, jet skis, etc maybe launched from the State Boat launch, located on Goodsell Point Road.
There are many places to eat in Branford, ranging from restaurant chain classics to exquisite fine dining. If you're on a tight budget be sure to check out the Gourmet Wok for all of your favorite, yet inexpensive Chinese food. If you don't like Chinese, the Parthenon Diner has a wide variety of food for cheap. It even has some expensive things if you please, but the majority of the food is relatively inexpensive. If you're looking for a good mid-priced bar & grill, be sure to check out Eli's or Humphrey's for good burgers and fun. If you're looking to splurge on some fine dining be sure to check out La Luna for amazing Italian food, or the USS Chowder Pot III, which is home to some of the best seafood in New England.
- Gourmet Wok, 365 E Main St Branford, CT 06405, ☎ +1 203 481-7988. $6-$10. edit Excellent Chinese food, big portions! Can eat in or take out.
- Parthenon Diner, 374 East Main St., Branford, CT 06405, ☎ +1 203 481-0333, . 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except for select holidays). $5-$20. edit Great selection of food, ranging from breakfast favorites to big steaks. Personal jukeboxes are found on every table! Beware of the drunken young adult crowd in the early morning hours on weekends.
- Scotty's Breakfast Connections, 1188 Main St, ☎ +1 203 483-4597. edit Great breakfast food.
- Eli's on the Hill, 624 West Main Street (Rt. 1 on Branford Hill ~ site of the Former Cook House Restaurant), ☎ +1 203 481-2700. edit Burgers and steaks are good, nice selection of drinks.
- Humphrey's Bar & Grille, 5 Sycamore Way, ☎ (203) 481-7735. Sun-Thurs 11:30am - 12am. edit Great selection of burgers and drinks. Fun atmosphere.
- Augie's Restaurant, 130 Shore Drive, ☎ (203) 315-8200. TUES-THURS: 5PM - 9PM; FRI-SAT: 5PM - 10PM; SUN: 11AM - 3PM, 5PM - 9PM. edit A selection of Mediterranean and American comfort food prepared fresh using quality local ingredients. Some of the menu is different each time, although favorites are always served. Sunday 11AM - 3PM is a fixed price brunch, all other times dinner is served. Very fresh, very local, family run, and the owner takes preparing quality food seriously.
- La Luna Ristorante, 168 North Main Street, ☎ +1 203 483-9995 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 203.483.8335), . edit Enjoy an upscale yet comfortable setting in suburban Branford Connecticut at La Luna Ristorante. A restaurant that represents a unique blend of authentic Tuscan cuisine and truly innovative culinary creations.
- USS Chowder Pot III, 560 East Main Street, ☎ +1 203 481-2356, . edit Excellent seafood. The lobster and Poppy John Shrimp (grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon with mozzarella cheese) are great choices.
There are numerous places to stay in Branford. While the town does not have any "high class" hotels, they do have some very accommodating chains. A good one to pick from is the Holiday Inn Express on Rt. 1. You can't miss it with it's dolphin fountain in front of the lobby. Beware of the places that look dingy, they most likely are. The Branford Motel is a haven for high schooler's parties and drug deals. If possible, Stay away!
- Baymont Inn & Suites, 3 Business Park Dr, Branford, CT 06405 (I-95 Exit 56 N/S , Easy on/ off), ☎ 203 488 4991, . checkin: 3.00 pm; checkout: 12.00 pm. Welcome to Baymont Inn & Suites in Branford .CT At our hotel listening to our guests and treating them like neighbors is what we do best. We call it “hometown hospitality” and it comes complete with all the comforts of home and more! From $ 79. edit
- Branford Motel, 470 East Main St, ☎ +1 (203) 488-5442. edit Small, single bed rooms that look dingy. Young people are known to throw parties here. Avoid if possible.
- Holiday Inn Express, 309 East Main Street, ☎ +1 203 488-4035 (fax: 1-203-488-2030), . edit Clean rooms, WiFi accessible.