Brad is a city in Hunedoara County, Transylvania, Romania.
Brad is a mining town. It has a population of 16,122 inhabitants (2002). Mining in Brad is documentary certified since 21 BC. The gold extracted from the mines located in Brad region,reached the Egyptian pyramids,Rome,the Austro-Hungarian Empire, but also the Soviet Union.
Brad is situated 36 km from Deva, on national road DN76,which is going to Oradea (147 km). Arad is located at a distance of 145 km. In Brad starts a branch of the national road DN74 to Abrud (40 km, Alba County). Brad is connected to Arad by a railway, which was opened in 1896.
- Brad Gold Museum, Str. Independentei nr. 3, ☎ +40254 - 612 800. edit
- Brad Museum of Ethnography, Str. Closca, nr. 6. edit
- Horia Statue. In front of the post office was done by sculptor Nicolae Pascu, who carved also the bust of Avram Iancu located in the High School courtyard. edit
- New Dacia Monument, Central Square. edit
- Capitoline Wolf Sculpture. edit
- Restaurant Albalux, Str. Avram Iancu nr.54, ☎ +40254-655749. edit
- Pensiunea Cetina, str. Poienita nr. 2, ☎ +40254 611424. Services and facilities: - Cable TV; - Central heating; - Access to a refrigerator; - Covered terrace; - Parking; - Restaurant (150 seats). edit
- Pensiunea Iuliana, str. Liceului, nr. 35, ☎ +40744 870534, . facilities and amenities: - 9 double rooms with bath and TV; - Central heating, air conditioning; - Bathrooms with hot water non-stop; - Satellite television; - Parking lot; - Room service; - Restaurant with a capacity of 60 seats; - Terrace with a capacity of 40 seats; - Meeting room; edit
- Pensiunea Irina, str. Vanatorilor nr. 16, ☎ +40744 256160. edit
- Pensiunea Total Service, Vanatorilor 93, ☎ +40.254.613.767, . edit
- Pensiunea Ana Maria, Avram Iancu 56, ☎ +40.254.612.030, . edit
Brad area code is 254 for Romtelecom and 354 for RDS.If you are calling from Romania you must dial 0254(0354) and if you are calling from abroad you must dial +40254(+40354).