Brackettville is a city in the Hill Country River Region of Texas.
Brackettville is on US 90 between Del Rio at the Mexican border, and Uvalde. Scenic Route 674 connects the town to Rock Springs to the north.
The nearest airport is Del Rio International Airport, about 30 miles to the west in Del Rio.
It is necessary to have a car here.
- Alamo Village, 7 miles north on Texas Route 674, 830 563 2580, . Originally constructed for the John Wayne movie The Alamo, this movie set has been used for hundreds of movies and television productions, making it the most active movie set in the state. The set is the most complete Western set in the US, with no façades - you can walk into 18 of the buildings. Tours $10.75.
- Fort Clark Springs, . Once a US Cavalry post, Fort Clark is now located on the premises of a 2,200 acre retirement community. Many historic buildings dating back as far as the 1860's still remain. The grounds also have an 18-hole golf course and a natural swimming pool. Lodging is available at an onsite hotel which was a former barracks.
- Old Guardhouse Museum, 830 563 9150. Exhibits on local history and pioneer artifacts.
- Alibi Lounge Bar and Grill, 1270 E US Highway 90, 830 563 9400.
- Brackett Burger & Shake, 401 E Military, 830 563 2027.
- Julie's Place, 612 W Military Hwy 90, 830 563 9511.
- Krazy Chicken Cafe, 100 E Military Hwy, 830 563 2690.
- Sydney's Taco Express, 304 E Military Hwy, 830 563 9863.
- Fort Clark Springs Motel, Hwy 90. Lodging in a historic fort barracks.
- Fort Clark RV Park and Campgrounds, 830 563 9340.
|Routes through Brackettville