Bovec (Italian: Plezzo) is a picturesque little town in the Slovenian Alps. It is located in the northwestern part of Slovenia. Surrounded by high mountain peaks it's a perfect spot for active vacation. Bovec is most known by the crystal clear waters of the Soča River. Its colour truly is as amazing as in the photos so don't forget to bring your camera with you.
In the summer Bovec turns into an adrenalin capital of Slovenia. There are many white water sports organized on the Soča River by the local sports agencies. The mountains offer many well marked trails for hiking. But if you are looking for the best view book paragliding. In the summer the main square hosts many town sponsored events.
- From Italy and Austria via Tarvisio (Trbiž) and Predel Pass (1156 m)
- From Kranjska gora via Vršič Pass (1611 m)
- From Italy via Udine (Videm) - Tarcento (Čenta) - Uccea (Učja) - Žaga
- From Nova Gorica - Tolmin - Kobarid
Buses  run from Ljubljana twice a day during the week and take approximately 3.5h. It costs €13.60.
The Soča River is famous for its white-water rafting or kayaking possibilities. There are many companies in Bovec with offers for kayaking, rafting, canyoning or hydrospeed. A kayak trip including all material will cost about €40 per person for a 1-2 hour trip. There are plenty of mountain biking (bike rentals for approx. €20/day) and hiking trails along the mountain that borders the city. Topographical trail maps can be purchased at the tourist information center for €7.
- Soča Rafting, SI-5230 Bovec, ☎ 386 (0)4 172 4472, . Offers whitewater rafting, canyoning, kayaking, hydrospeeding. Discounts available if you choose to do more than one option with them. Very helpful, friendly, English speaking staff. edit
- Bovec Rafting Team, Mala vas 106, ☎ +386 (0)41 338 308 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . open from 9:00 to 21:00. This company has a lot of experience, with excellent English and Italian speaking staff. They offer rafting, canyoning, kayak, mini raft and hydrospeed on the Soča River. Special family, student and group discounts available. edit
- SočaRider, under KAVARNA Cafe house, ☎ 386 41 596104 (email@example.com), . Focusing more on small group trips and nice familiar atmosphere. Offers Whitewater kayak courses from beginner to advance level, easy Kayak Trips for beginners, and Family rafting trips for families with small kids from the age of 4. edit
- Letni Vrt, Trg golobarskih zrtev 1, . Apparently their 200 seats are not enough, since we had to wait for half an hour for a free table. Excellent food, staff speak their languages, and not too expensive. (46.3380357829,13.5519145677) edit
- Jojo Bar, Rupa 7a, ☎ +386 5 3896470, . 6:30-22:00. Located just 80m from town center on a calm location with an astoning view to the surrounding mountains. It offers a variety of drinks and a Free internet (WiFi) access to guests. edit
- Apartments Jojo, Rupa 7a, ☎ +386 5 3896470 (firstname.lastname@example.org), . checkin: 16:00; checkout: 10:00. Apartments Jojojo offers comfortable accommodation in Bovec. Parking available in fornt of the house. Free WiFi internet access to guest of apartments. Each apartment has two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom with shower&WC, large living room, cable TV, .... from 40 EUR. edit
- Camping Liza, Vodenca 4, . checkout: 12:00. Just like the two campsites next door, Liza is crowded with kayaks and rafts. Has a nice bar that also serves pizzas and other food. Free WiFi. EUR10 pppn. (46.332832,13.574059) edit
- Apartment Kanin. telephone: +386 5 388-6232 Address: Klanc 37 Run by a very friendly older woman, this apartment has 2 comfortable bedrooms, fully equiped bathroom, livingroom and fully equipped kitchen. A great place to spend a few days! edit
- ACCOMMODATION BOVEC KOT 33, BOVEC KOT 33 (email@example.com), ☎ +38641234387, . checkin: after 11.00h; checkout: before 11.00h. Bovec kot 33 accommodations offers unique experience of Bovec. Free parking, Free WiFi. Bathroom, shower, kitchen, tv from 17,50/person/night 17,5 EURN 46°20'14,91´´ E 13°32'58,44´´N 46°20'14,91´´ E 13°32'58,44´´. (46°20'14,91´´,13°32'58,44´´) edit
- Alp Hotel, 48 Trg golobarskih žrtev, ☎ +386 5 388 40 00, . checkout: 10AM. Nice hotel with rooms with nice views towards the nearby mountains from €40/night. edit
- Apartments Casa Alpina, Kot 103 (Turn from the main road at florist shop Amak near center of Bovec, and continue 200 meters.), ☎ +386 5 3841052, . checkin: 10AM; checkout: 2PM. New confortable apartment (80m2) for 6 persons. Quiet location near center of Bovec. Spacious living room with balcony and internet corner, 2 bedrooms, garden. 15 EUR/night/apartment. (46.337306,13.548428) edit