Bottineau is the seat of Bottineau County in the the north central extreme of North Dakota. It is located about 10 miles south of the Canadian border, in the Turtle Mountains and is known as the four seasons playground of North Dakota. It has a population of 2,234 people.
The county and city are named after the frontier scout Pierre Bottineau.
- The International Peace Gardens along the US/Canadian border.
- Bottineau County Historical Museum, North Main Street, Bottineau
- Bottineau County Fair is the oldest county fair in ND
- Four Chaplains Monument, Bottineau. Honors four chaplains who died in the North Atlantic off Newfoundland in 1943. They were aboard the U.S.S. Dorchester when it was struck by a torpedo, and they helped sailors into lifeboats and distributed life jackets. They gave up their own lives in so doing. They were last seen standing on the sinking ship, their arms entwined, heads bowed in prayer.
- Lake Metigoshe State Park Camping, hiking trails, boat ramp, fishing, swimming, canoe rentals, fishing, boating, golf. 16 miles northeast of Bottineau
- Pierre Bottineau Statue, 314 Fifth St. W, Bottineau
- Thunder Mountain Speedway, Bottineau. 3/8 mile track.
- Tommy Turtle Statue, a giant turtle riding a snowmobile. City Park, Bottineau
- Bottineau Chamber of Commerce
- Hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, boating, jet-skiing, bird watching, swimming, camping, rodeo. Click here
- Bottineau Winter Park for down hill and cross country skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, ice fishing
- Front Porch, Art Gallery featuring local artists. Tel: (701) 228-5856
- Turtle Mountain Floral and Gift Shop, Tel: (701) 228-3341
- Nodak Supply - Farm and Ranch Supply, Tel: (701) 228-2228
- Turtle Mountain Glass and More, Tel: (701) 228-2013
- Johnson's Sports Center Snowmobiles, Tel: (701) 228-3762
- T's Team Yamaha Snowmobiles, Tel: (701) 228-3882
- Larson Marine, Tel: (701) 263-4888
- Cenex C-Store with a Taco Bell, Smash Hit Subs, Hot Stuff Pizza. Tel: (701) 228-2611
- Herbel's Dario, on Main Street, Tel: (701) 228-2933
- Dairy Queen, closed in Winter. Tel: (701) 228-2822
- Metigoshe Drive-in, closed in winter. Tel: (701) 263-4270
- China Inn next to the Super 8 Motel. Tel: (701) 228-2280
- Birchwood at Lake Metigoshe, on Birchwood Bay at the Lake. Tel: (701) 263-4283
- Loveland's Steak Pit, in the Loveland Lodge Motel. Tel: (701) 228-2296
- Norway House Restaurant, in the Norway House Motel. Tel: (701) 228-3737
- Pizza Inn, Hwy 5 E, Bottineau, ND. Tel: (701) 228-2601
- Family Bakery, 412 Main St, Bottineau, ND. Tel: (701) 228-2179
- Tommy Turtle Lanes Restaurant, Hwy 5 W, Bottineau, ND. Tel: (701) 228-2132
- Twin Oaks Resort, Lake Metigoshe. Tel: (701) 263-4295
- Oaks Bar & Grill - Lake Metigoshe. Tel: (701)263-4466
- Subway Restaurant 204 W 11th St (ND #5 W) 701-228-5255
- Super 8 Motel, 1007 11th Street E., Bottineau, ND, 58318. Tel: 701-228-2125
- Turtle Mountain Inn, Hwy 5 W, Bottineau, ND, 58318. Tel: (701) 228-2296 or (800) 404-2296
- Norway House, Hwy 5 W, Bottineau, ND, 58318. Tel: (701) 228-3737
- Homestead Lodge, 4 miles W, 1 mile N of Bottineau, ND, 58318. Tel: (701) 228-3515
- Metigoshe Quilt Inn & Suites, East Lake Loop. Tel: (701) 263-6500
- Cobblestone Inn and Suites, 1109 11th Street East Bottineau, ND 58318, ☎ (888) 693-8262, . edit
WikiPedia:Bottineau, North Dakota