Boerne, (pronounced BER-nee, ) is a small town about thirty miles north of San Antonio. It has German Heritage and is well known for antique shopping.
Boerne is a thriving community just 20 minutes from the best shopping in San Antonio. The small town charm and quaint atmosphere on Main Street is filled with folks hunting down their antique treasures, stopping in the many eateries dotting the Haupstraus and maybe stopping in for a sip of wine at the popular establishments.
Not only is Boerne known for the shopping and fabulous lunch spots, but the town is filled with new people moving to many nearby country neighborhoods built in the grandest style from elegant mediterranean villas to the charming limestone classics native to the Texas Hill Country.
- Cibolo Nature Center, 140 City Park Road, ☎ 830 249 4616. 100 acre nature park along Cibolo creek. Many wilderness hiking trails. edit
Boerne is close to the Guadalupe River, which is popular for tubing and rafting.
- Antiques - The first few blocks of South Main have no fewer than 15 antique and collectibles shops.
- Bumdoodlers, 929 N Main St, ☎ 830-249-8826. Well known in town for its ranch dressing, great sandwiches and cheesecake. edit
- Creek Restaurant, 119 Staffel St, ☎ 830 816 2005, . Housed in a structure created by combining two 19th-century homes, this restaurant has a quaint atmosphere, but serves classy food from an international menu. A little pricy.. edit
- Magues, 934 N Main St, ☎ 830-249-9168. amazing breakfast tacos. Get the Enchilada Plate if you want to really eat Authentic South Texas Mexican cuisine. edit
- Naples Pizza and Restaurant, 215 W Bandera Rd # 106, ☎ 830 249 0089, . Decent pizza. edit
- Dodging Duck Brewhaus, 402 River Road, ☎ 830-248-3825 (firstname.lastname@example.org, fax: 866-333-5965), . edit
- Sister Creek Vineyards, 1142 Sisterdale Road (15 miles north on FM 1376), ☎ 830 324 6704, . Producer of local Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Cabernet Sauvignon. Daily tastings and tours of the facilities, which are housed in a historic cotton gin in the tiny village of Sisterdale. Keep an eye out for their wines on sale in town. edit
- Ye Kendall Inn (Bed and Breakfast), 128 West Blanco, ☎ 800-364-2138 (email@example.com), . Restored historic landmark originally constructed in 1859. edit
- Cave Without a Name, 325 Keutzberg Road (off of Scenic Highway 474 north of town), 830 537 4212, . Tours through a cave with beautiful unique limestone formations. Adults $14, children $7.
- Enchanted Springs Ranch, 242 Hwy 46 West (about 3 miles west of town), 830 249 8222. 86-acre working ranch with a 30-building Old West town which was designed as a set for western movies. The ranch also has buffalo and a collection of exotic animals. Log cabin accommodation is available for $150 a night.