Blagoveshchensk (Russian: Благове́щенск, blah-gah-VYEH-sheensk) is the capital city of Russia's Amur Oblast, located on the border with China. It is one of the oldest cities in the Russian Far East.
By direct train from Khabarovsk, Vladivostok, Tynda or Moscow, all of them pass through Belogorsk, the town on Trans Siberian Railway. Riding any other train will need connection in Belogorsk, from where you can also take a bus.
International airport Ignatyevo (IATA:BQS) serves flights to Moscow, Khabarovsk, Chita, Irkutsk, Yekaterinburg, Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk. Timetable (Russian).
Opposite the city, on the other bank of Amur river there is a Chinese city Heihe. The ferry boat operates in warm seasons. In the winter the border is crossed by bus.
- Amursky Regional Museum (Амурский областной краеведческий музей), Lenina str, 165, ☎ +7(4162) 424086, . edit
- Lotus lake, (City's suburbs). Blossoms of the lotus in the middle of July. edit
- Cemetry of Dinosaurs. Archeological site in Raichikhinsky rayon. edit
Annual festival "Amur Autumn" hosts art films and spectacles from Russia. One of the festivals was honoured by visit of Italian actress Gina Lollobrigida.Official site.
- Balsam. Local liquer edit
- Chinese vodka with snake. edit
Chinese and Russian food.
- Hotel Yubileinaya (Гостиница «Юбилейная»), Lenina str., 108, ☎ +7 (4162) 37-0073, . Business class edit
- Hotel Churin (Чуринъ), Shevchenko str., 11, ☎ +7 (4162) 441-868, . Business class. edit
- Holiday Palace (Холидей Палас), Gorkogo str., 26 (On the 3d floor of Holiday Palace Center.), ☎ On the 3d floor of Holiday Palace Center. Economy class. edit
- Strannik (Странник), Teatralnaya str., 23 (Downtown), ☎ +7 (4162) 44-14-67. Economy class. edit
- Armenia Hotel Right on the river. Under 3,000 roubles.
|Routes through Blagoveshchensk