Bima is in Sumbawa, Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia.
Bima is located on the eastern part of the island of Sumbawa and is a common stop for travellers heading to/from Flores. The town does not offer many tourist attractions drawing visitors.
The bus terminal for buses coming from the west is conveniently located on a very central location, a short 5 minutes walk to the central part of town and hotel options.
The airport is 10 km South of the city. From Terminal Dara (bus station) there are local minibuses that get there for 10.000 Rp, but you can expect to wait more than 45 minutes for the bus to get full and leave. An ojek (motorbike taxi) costs 30.000 Rp (maybe less) and takes 15 minutes.
The Pelni boat from Bali - Lombok stops here once every two weeks on the way to Labuan Bajo and beyond.
- Warung Taliwang, (Near Hotel La'mbitu). Opens at night. Roadside stall always packed with locals. They serve whole grilled chickens smothered in a mildly spicy Sumbawan Taliwang sauce and a range of sides, including rice, of course. The chickens are small, apparently free-range due to their size and might be enough for 1-2 people. A grocery store is located directly accross from it where you may purchase drinks. Ask around for the location, the locals know it and lineup for take-out around dinner time. 50,000. edit
- Losmen Dara, Jl Sultan Salahuddin (Next to the Terminal Dara (bus station)). Very basic rooms with squatting toilet and bucket shower. Cheapest rooms don't have fan, and there were a lot of mosquitos. No wi-fi 50.000-100.000 Rp. edit
- Hotel Favorit, Jl Pahlawan (Next to the Terminal Dara). Single rooms with fan, squatting toilet and shower for 100.000 Rp; 125.000 with AC. Tiny breakfast of coffee and crackers. No wi-fi. 100.000 (single, fan) - 225.000 (triple, AC). edit
- Hotel Permata, Jl Soekarno Hatta. 120.000 Rp for a single room. edit
- Losmen Komodo, Jl Sultan Ibrahim. Basic single room with squatting toilet and bucket shower. No wi-fi 100.000 Rp. edit
- Hotel La'mbitu, Jl Sunbawa (5 minutes walking from bus terminal). Centraly located in Bima, has decent WiFi on all 3 floors and confortable beds. 180.000rp fan, 200.000 and up for A/C. edit
- Marina Hotel, Sultan Kaharudin (5 minutes walking from bus terminal). The one and only upscale option in Bima - it's most likely to be one of the few places in Sumbawa with the amenities it offers. 390.000rp. edit
- Flores: Buses to the port of Sape for those crossing to Flores depart early in the morning (before 5 AM) and the trip takes around 2 hours. The bus terminal is within walking distance from the centrally located hotels. Price is 25,000 rp per person. Arrive early to ensure you can get a seat.