Billund is a city in Jutland, western Denmark. It has some 8700 inhabitants and is known as the home of LEGO.
There is no railway line to Billund, so all transportation is by road or air.
Billund airport  (BLL) is one of Denmark's biggest airports. Cimber Sterling Airlines  is based at Billund and flies to and from Billund to 15 destinations. The airport is served by many budget- and charter airlines, there are also flights by some national carriers like Finnair , SAS Scandinavian Airlines  and KLM , Ryanair also now offers cheap flights to Billund.
Billund is situated in the middle of Jutland, this means that there are roads in every direction. Usually tourists coming from other countries will drive along the E45 motorway. If you are coming from south, drive to Kolding and continue towards Billund. If you are coming from north or east turn to Billund at Vejle.
The airport runs two express shuttle buses to Vejle (30 minutes, 80 DKK) and Aarhus (1½ hours, 180 DKK via Horsens & Skanderborg) several times per day. There are also direct public buses from Billund to Vejle and Grindsted (lines 244 & 907X), Kolding (406, 1 hour) and Horsens (117, 2 hours). All of these buses stop at the airport.
- Billund Rundflyvning (Short tour flights), Bopladsen 19, ☎ +45 30 73 84 81 (legoInsidetour@europe.lego.com), . No set hours. Short tour flights over Legoland or the regions other attractions in small propeller aircrafts. 150-300 DKK per person. edit
- Lalandia Billund, Ellehammers Allé 3, ☎ +45 76 14 94 00, . 10-19 (for one day visitors). Is a resort complex with a 10000 m2 indoor tropical waterpark with waterslides, indoor and outdoor pools and Jacuzzis as the main attractions, but there is also a bowling alley, minigolf, playgrounds and a wealth of other family and sports oriented activities available. Kids (3-12): 150 DKK, Adults: 200 DKK. edit
Copenhagen's Nyhavn canal build in LEGO bricks.
- Legoland Billund, Nordmarksvej 9, ☎ +45 75 33 13 33, . Hours vary from 10-17 up to 10-20 for Jul and start Aug, the park is largely closed Nov-Mar. Denmark's most visited attraction outside Copenhagen, the more than 50 rides and activities are mainly geared towards kids under 15, but parents and adults can gaze at the miniland of famous buildings and places build up of more than 50 million LEGO bricks, while the toddlers queue up for the rides. Kids (3-12): 279 DKK; Adults: 299 DKK. edit
- LEGO Factory (Inside Tour), Åstvej 1, . For LEGO aficionados there are no regular tours of the factory, but the company have an irregularly scheduled multi-day tour of the production and development facilities. The tours are very popular and are often waitlisted months in advance. The tour includes: Local transportation, accommodation (4 star), food, access to LEGOLAND, meet and greet with the designers etc. (Another option that allows you to see the production is the yearly LEGO World  event). The Inside tour is for true Lego lovers only at: 13.000 DKK. edit
Not many restaurants are located in Billund. So go have your dinner in Vejle 30 km away where a lot of fine resturants are located although they are a little expensive they are well worth the trip compared to the local offerings, which are mostly quick eats inside the theme park or at the hotels.
- Restaurant Billund, Butikstorvet 5, ☎ +45 75 35 40 78, . A la carte 95-155 DKK. edit
- Restaurant Bobby, Hovedgaden 19, ☎ +45 75 33 11 60. Restaurant Bobby edit
If you're staying at the local hotels, a budget alternative to their restaurants is to get some food from the supermarket SuperBrugsen, Butiktorvet 15 (from Legoland walk about one kilometer on Åstvej, turn left on Hans Jensens vej, and it's on your right-hand side), . edit It includes a bakery section *after* the cashiers.
- Dansk Mjød (Danish Mead), Kløvermarken 13, ☎ +45 75 65 76 63, . edit
The biggest provider is Lalandia (see 'Do') which has hundreds of vacation rentals available, centered around families.
- Billund Bed & Breakfast, http://www.billundb-b.dk/, ☎ +45 60 45 79 72. 210 DKK per person. edit
- Billund Kro, Buen 6, ☎ +45 75 33 26 33, . 750-1640 DKK. edit
- Legoland Village, Ellehammers Allé 2, ☎ +45 75 33 27 77, . A family "hostel" situated near the Legoland park, with many family oriented activities in the summer season. Guest kitchens, laundromats, supermarkets and free access to the public indoor pool from 1 person room 595 DKK up to 5 person room 1045 DKK. edit
- Lillevang, Lillevang 67, ☎ +45 75 35 30 30, . Self catering apartments in a renovated farm house. 800-1000 DKK. edit
- Hotel Propellen, Nordmarksvej 3, ☎ +45 75 33 81 33, . This hotel is also situated near Legoland and the airport. It is kid friendly, and has family rooms for up to 5 persons, on site restaurant and conference facilities. 1145-4200 DKK. edit
- Hotel Legoland, Aastvej 10, ☎ +45 75 33 12 44, . The amusement park itself has a hotel as well. This is a bit more expensive alternative, but worth it trying if you're traveling with kids, and it has rooms for up to 2 adults and 4 kids 1500-3225 DKK. edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!