Bideford is market and port town in North Devon, United Kingdom.
- Car Bideford is accessible via the A39 or the A389. From anywhere except Devon or Cornwall, head south on the M5, then the A361, and then the A39. From Plymouth head north on the A389.
- Train There are regular services to Barnstaple via Exeter. From Barnstaple Railway Station you can catch a bus to Bideford. The journey is about 30 minutes.
- Coach National Express runs coaches to Bideford Quay daily.
- Cycle Bideford is a stop on the Tarka Trail, a converted cycle trail from a disused Railway Path, on the National Cycle Network (Route 3/27).
It is very easy to explore most of Bideford by foot, although the Pannier Market is accessible only by a steep hill - which can be a bit exhausting in the height of the Summer!
- Burton Art Gallery and Museum, Kingsley Road, Bideford, Devon. EX39 2QQ, ☎ 01237 471455, . Monday-Friday 10.00-16.00, Saturday 10-16.00, Sunday 11-16.00.. Free admission. edit
The main shopping streets are Mill Street, with lots of small independent shops and restaurants and the High Street. From the Quay, follow up the High Street and turn left on Grenville Street for the Pannier Market.